Aston at Kuningan Suites
US$140
US$137
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsliving roombig familynice hotelbusiness triplong staylarge roomnice breakfastaffordable pricestrategic locationhouse keepingnon smokingswimming poolgrand indonesiapleasant staybreakfast menucassisapartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Structure is old and in bad need of repair. Not sure where to start.Key card keeps decoding, so continously have to run down to redo it. Breakfast often cold. Kitchens are empty and some of the stuff they give you is old (pan with thick crust, scratches). No renovations in ages. They have two washers for close to 100 apartments and often hotel staff uses it. On top one has to buy coins and no detergent provided, not even for sale. Their 1 BR is a studio - so some false advertising. Both my colleague and myself got put in smoking room without ever being asked. If you open the cupboards, one sees that thorough cleaning is not really their forte...

The management tried to sort out some of the issues. It took a few days and back and forth and my kitchen was equipped. They moved me to a 2 BR (smoking still). However, when I was unable to do my laundry for the whole weekend because they only had one working washer (after having fought to get coins to operate them, even that seemed difficult), management stopped responding to email.

I had asked to see the Director of Guest Relations, but in the Javanese way my request was ignored. Have never had that happen to me before. I asked another two times, but no response. I guess that was an answer.

On my day of check out they reminded me three times checkout time was noon...they could not wait to see my go.

Totally overpriced for what it is. Such a pity.

One good thing: Pastis Restaurant has decent food and nice specials throughout the week.

Morrisey Apartment much better value for money.

Room Tip: Watch out for the incorrect advertising - 1 bedroom is a studio.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed at the Aston Kuningan Suite for a little over a week. Indonesians overall are very pleasant people to deal with. The staff at Aston are very friendly and helpful. The only down side to the Aston is the condition of the second bath room in the suite. It either needs a upgrade or at least scrubbed and bleached to get rid of the odour. We dined at the hotel restaurant a couple of times. The menu is minal, and menu is the same for lunch and dinner. Portions are small for most meals therefore was not worth what we paid. My husband and I had Australian imported steak, with salad, mash and was fairly disappointed (the steak was a little thicker than a one minute steak, salad was just a few leaves which looked like garnishing and mash was just a 3xtable spoon serving).

Room Tip: Generally there's not much in Jakarta for kids to do other than indoor play centers in selected shopping malls. Places to see are limited to museums and monuments. Eating out in Jakarta is normally in a shopping mall, street food might not sit well for most. Jakarta is fairly easy to get around by taxi, cheap as well. Watching Indonesians drive on the road is rather entertaining. Mad drivers, but suprisingly safe.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We were staying in 2 bedroom for holiday.
The room is clean and big. Strategic location, easy access, responsive and helpfull staff, good food and nice roof top swimming pool is a "plus".
We enjoyed staying in this hotel and definitely will be back..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
maladim, General Manager at Aston at Kuningan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Jenny N

Thank you for taking your time for write your feedback at TripAdvisor.

We have shared your positive feedback among our team and will continue to further enhance and improve our services and facilities.

We hope you will recommend our hotel to your colleague and friends and looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Thank you for your attention.

Aston at Kuningan Suites

Reviewed 24 January 2014

On july i was stay there...hotel with strategic location and big room size..i felt like this is my second home because the hotel didnt very crowded also the pastis resto have unique decoration...food so good

• Stayed: July 2013
maladim, General Manager at Aston at Kuningan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Earthcrap

Thank you so much for your positive review. It is guests like you that make us really appreciate our job in service industry.

Your generous words will be warmly received by all employees at Aston at Kuningan Suites, so they can appreciate your comments and take pride in the job that they do to take care of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Thank you.

Executive Assistant Manager
Aston at Kuningan Suites.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I and my family stayed in three bed Room on mid of Jan 2014. The Room is clean and big. The staffs were responsive to our requests. I Would recommend to my colleagues staying in this hotel. We enjoyed staying in this hotel anyway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Financialc0ntr0ller, General Manager at Aston at Kuningan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Rizka

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Executive Assistant Manager
Aston at Kuningan Suites.