“A very good pub in the heart of the Kemang area”

Murphy’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #314 of 8,352 Restaurants in Jakarta
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Murphy's Irish Pub & Restaurant was the first authentic Irish pub in Jakarta, Indonesia. Opening in May 2010 Murphy's have brought a taste of Ireland to Jakarta, and expecially Kemang. Murphy's offer great food, beer ( Draught Guinness and Kilkenny ) atmosphere, music and of course some legendary Irish "Craic". Murphy's were the first bar in Jakarta to offer the very popular Draught Kilkenny, imported all the way from Ireland and was first again to introduce Draught Guinness to Jakarta. Both imported from Dublin, Ireland creating a real authentic Irish experience. Murphy's was also first bar to have a self serving Guinness table - yes Pour your own Pint at Murphy's.
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Murphy's is a sister pub to Molly Malone's in Senayan.

It is a very well run and planned Irish pub serving draught beer, bottled beer, spirits and food.

They have recently updated their menu and I have hear good reviews.

The beer is crisp and clean, the staff are very friendly and efficient.

Whenever I am in Kemang, I try to visit Murphy's at least once.

1  Thank Ashley G
MIPJak, Owner at Murphy’s Irish Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your visit and feedback...I hope you can drop in to see us again, ask for Killian if you visit again, best, Killian

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife and I stopped by one afternoon for a late lunch early supper. The steaks were the best in Kamang

1  Thank Al1957canada

Thank you for your great review....I hope you can drop in again so we can thank you in person. Please ask for Killian if you are in again....Best Wishes....

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Nice Irish pub, average food (baring the Irish Breakfast), good Crak and Draught Guinness. The only bar in Jakarta to have this so in spite of the food being average pub grub, the wine list by the glass being almost non existent it has Five Stars from me.

1  Thank ScrumBumJakarta

Thank you for great review. I would encourage you to try our food again - as we now have a master chef running the kitchen. Best Wishes, Killian

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Dined there three times with colleagues while staying in Kemang. An early afternoon and a lunchtime visit were quiet (we were close to being the only ones there), the service was attentive and we got the correct bill. The subsequent Saturday evening visit was very different - the place was throbbing. There was a loud local band playing a wide variety of western tunes, sports on the TV screens (live rugby in one bar, soccer and the band in the other), plenty of expats and a good number of locals as well.
The Beef and Guiness Pie got good reviews and my Bangers and Mash was tasty and plentiful. On the next visit the beef burger and fries was not a success, nor was the poutine (but I'm from Canada, so we know what it should be like), but the Pea Soup was tasty.
A so-so food experience in the evening, then, and the jostling crowds made the later stages of eating a little uncomfortable. I will readily admit I am an old fart and used to a more sedate experience, but the younger crowd there (it appears to be child friendly - there were some youngsters bopping to the band) was obviously going to be noisy enjoying themselves and us old folks toddled off after we had finished eating.
I might not go back on a Saturday evening, but it is obviously a very popular spot for a younger age group and worth a visit if you are that way inclined.

1  Thank Peter_Cain

Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is much appreciated. I hope you have been in since....best, Killian

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I love the chippy,the waitress there was very friendly!

1  Thank sayangku