“good place”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2012

i find that smoking joe's is quite a good place with fine atmosphere i kindly suggest to order the clam chowder as it would be one of my favorite in the restaurant. i also think that this restaurant is in a good area with hardly any traffic .

1  Thank NXT12345677
There are newer reviews for Smoking Joe's

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I love how they cook the meat. It is so so so delicious.. It was so tender but smokey.. There is a bar as well there so if you want to hang out with your friend after dinner its a nice place as well. Though its a bit pricey, but its worth the great taste

Reviewed 3 December 2011

My spouse and I were among a group from work who celebrated "Movember" at this upscale BBQ restaurant that caters to expats. But for the servers whose English was only slightly better than our Indonesian (which is to say very limited), we could easily have been in the U.S., where in fact the original Smoking Joe's is located.

Most in our party had beer, which they seemed to enjoy. My cosmo martini was good.

The bread was somewhat cold and tough and we were reluctant to try its accompanying mayonnaise-looking spread, not wanting to fall victim to some of the gastrointestinal ailments that abound in this country. But that didn't stop my spouse and me from trying the steak salad, which was tasty and, as we had hoped, safe.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the barbeque. Instead of slabs bearing some resemblance to a rib cage as we are accustomed to back home, the slabs here are served as three or four chunks consisting of two meaty ribs each. The pulled pork was tender and flavorful; the cole slaw was a bit too creamy, but it was delicious nonetheless, as were the sweet potato fries.

Already full from the meal, we resolved to return another time to tackle dessert.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

I've tried this restaurant three times and the last time was today.. I went there with my boyfriend to have a lunch here.. at lunch time, it's just the two of us.. we came here around 12 but there's no one but us.. we've been there at lunch time also with our friends about a month ago, and it was quite empty..
this time I tried the smoking area and sat at the bar corner.. I don't smoke but there's nobody else so it's okay.. we can see view from the window next to our seats..
we ordered 1/2 chicken which came with two chosen side dishes.. today we chose potato salad and baked beans.. from our experiences before, their signature dishes (in the menu they called it " ") come in big portion.. you can share it by a friend if you don't eat so much.. I've tried their pork ribs, it's awesome! their beef is awesome too.. but today we ate the chicken.. we also ordered "mini pizza" with beef for appetizer.. the taste is so yummy.. I recommend this appetizer :)
from my previous visits, I realized some minor changes:
1. before, they always put a basket of breads and sticks (I don't know what it called actually) to be enjoyed while we're waiting for our order.. but today I saw none.. so I asked the waitress about it.. after asked, she delivered a basket of it to our table.. free of charge..
2. at my previous visits, my orders came with a slice of bread under the meat.. but today there's none so we can still see the oil drops on the plate..

but they still serve you with good food though.. anyway, you should reserve seats if you want to have dinner here at weekends..

Reviewed 29 September 2011

It was my first time going to the RIBs joint and I was psyched to check it out. However, as soon as my order came out. It was short of my expectation. The bread sticks were not crunchy. they tasted bland and not fresh from the oven. I ordered half portion of pork ribs which was dry and oozing with oil. It was too much fat and I spent half of my time scraping off the fats from the meat which was time-consuming. The sauces weren't that tasty either. A little improvement on the sauce would have been nice to go with my ribs. But on the other side, I thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and the scenic view from where I sat. It was nice to sit on a stool and enjoy the view of Jakarta.

1  Thank sheen s