“Good deal hotel”

Best Western Mangga Dua Hotel and Residence
Ranked #148 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family of 2 adults & 2 children stayed at Best Western MD during the 2013 Dec school holidays. While we are not that keen on the area surrounding the hotel, we found the hotel rooms & service to be good. It provided free hourly shuttle service to and fro the hotel to the surrounding shopping malls like Mangga Dua Centre, Mangga Dua Mall, ITC. The service was prompt and the staff driving were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service even bring us back from the shopping centres to the hotel.

The Mangga Dua area is good because it has a lot of shopping malls that sells reasonable price items, provided you are ok to buy more dated designs. Otherwise, the malls are acceptable to me. What is not acceptable is the traffic. It is terrible!

Room Tip: High floor rooms are good because if you are lucky to get to see the sea. Spectacular especially whe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Just stayed for a night prior to my meeting and my stay experience was a great experience where I was so wow to receive the services by the staffs at this hotel. By the time I dropped off from my taxi, a young concierge approached me directly and opened the door for me with his great smile saying: welcome to Best Western Mangga Dua. He offered me directly for my luggage while I dealt my taxi fare with the taxi driver. He directly brought me to the Reception, who was ready to welcome with her friendly smile. The key card was ready and I was just asked to sign the registration card after giving my business card. Very efficient service in overall!
If visiting Jakarta again, I have no hesitation to opt this hotel for my next hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GM-BWManggaDua, General Manager at Best Western Mangga Dua Hotel and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Dear pak Artana K,

Please accept our apology for just responding your great feedback upon your stay on 26 December 2013 as it was my first month joining the hotel, i will share to my entire staff today of your good feedback toward our services especially the one upon you arrival in the lobby by taxi

It is my direct email should you would visit Jakarta again in the short future gm@bwmanggaduahotel.com

again, we do appreciate of your positive input

Best regards

Helmi Junaidi

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We chose this hotel as we know is part of Best Western, in fact it's 4 star. We arrived in the hotel, and found the balcony unlocked with a note "for safety reason balcony is locked" and we call the front office and request to lock the balcony door - very slow service! - they came after we have been waited for 4 hours.
Later on we found a yellow stain on the quilt cover, call the front office again, and very easy answer that they can change the linen WITHOUT APOLOGIZE !
we asked to be transferred to another room, AGAIN the bed linen was DIRTY. it was a blood stain. few dirty spot. ARE YOU KIDDING!!! then the supervisor housekeeping came up and mentioned that they have been complaint to the laundry company several times, but they sometimes it's still dirty.
They housekeeping supervisor again offer to change the linen, but again we found a yellow stain on the bed sheet. We then check everything!
When we flip the pillow it's damn DIRTY! (I attached the picture), and we check the bath towels are grey, dull and dirty.

I would rather pay extra $20 for a better hotel. and I am NOT RECOMMENDED anyone to STAY at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rudychr1983
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed for 3 nights & 4 days, comfortable twin share beds with my Mom when I brought my Mom for check-up in Jakarta International Siloam hospital on Oct 28 to 31. We satisfied for the service from check-in counter till sleep, but not so satisfy in the restaurant. The eggs station did very slow. We couldn't accept our omelett till our breakfast finished. The foods no variation just prepared fried rice, porridge without plain rice. Not good for the elderly people to eat. A little bit frustation because of unsatisfied the food. The spaghetty always salty. Not like 4 stars foodstall. Average for the foods. The service ok....The circumstances close to JITC Mangga Dua, WTC Mangga Dua Square & WTC. Just 1 restaurant close to this hotel about 200 m. The name is Fuqing Restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose non smoking room & superior room or suite so not in higher floor. Usually for the deluxe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Muhammad T, General Manager at Best Western Mangga Dua Hotel and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Ms. Maria,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Mangga Dua Hotel & Residence Jakarta and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor as well as for recognizing our service on your arrival.
Please accept our sincere apology about the service delayed when you were taking the breakfast in our restaurant. We hope that our foibles did not overshadow your stay!
We do hope we can welcome you back on your next trip!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Was in Jakarta attending a trade show at JI Expo at Kemayoran from 25-27 Oct 13. This hotel was one of the hotels listed as located nearest to the venue. Believe me when I tell you that the service is this little gem is excellent. From the Bellman, Security, Receptionist, F&B, they were all so friendly & helpful. To be honest the location of this hotel is not that favourable if you're a tourist but the staffs of this hotel covers up for that. Once you enter, you can feel your are welcomed. Special thanks to Amir the receptionist who checked me in & also a concierge staff gentleman who actually drove me to the airport himself, I just can't remember his name but he was on duty in the afternoon when I arrived on 24 Oct 13, assisted me with my luggages & of course when I checked our early Monday morning on 28 Oct 2013, terima kasih pak !! Only 2 minor complaint is that the lifts takes some to arrive but I assume that's due to the high volume of guest but even this, they always had staffs there to assist the guest. Great stuff !! I was in room 2906, I think that's the suite & it was so spacious & comfortable but just try to improve the speed of the internet in the rooms.

Room Tip: I was in the suite room # 2906 & my colleague was in #2919. Both are very spacious rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here from Oct 13th to 15th. The add on the website isn't correct so our driver had difficulty looking for it. Anyway we called the hotel and was told that it was formerly known as Hotel Dusit.

The room is comfortable but the service could be improved. On the first day, we didn't get any towels in the room and had to ask for it. On the following day, when we asked for additional bottles of mineral water, we didn't get it. Also, we were told that it's chargeable even though the hotel guide book in the room indicates that it's free.

There's 2-way shuttle service to nearby malls which operates every hour so it helps save some money getting taxi.

Breakfast was acceptable but there's a lot of mosquitoes in the restaurant. We informed the waiter but it seems that there's nothing that they can do about

Overall it was a pleasant stay and could be better if the service is improved.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was in the month of September for two nights
the hotel is old but well maintained
breakfast excellent