“Great food, great service”
Review of Amuz

Amuz
Ranked #82 of 7,714 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I haven't had the chance to visit again, but I really enjoyed my lunch there last year. Service was impeccable. Waiters knew their stuff, attentive but not intrusive. Bread basket was warm & good, food was excellent (unlike the overrated Cassis). I had the set lunch & every course was delicious. Well worth the splurge.

• Visited February 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs, Walkwalktalk,

On behalf of AMUZ team, I would like to thank you for your visit to AMUZ. We delighted to hear you satisfied with our food and service. We will be honor to great you in AMUZ in near future. Should you need any assistance please contact us anytime through our reservation number or email.
Also thank you for having your time to leave feedback in tripadvisor.

• Indonesian first
Jakarta
“Expected More”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was taken to this restaurant for a business dinner and had rather high expectations. The service was good, and I cannot say the food was bad...it was just kind of ok which is really not good enough for such a restaurant with very high prices. While I did not have to pay for the meal, our host was equally disappointed, especially when he got the bill. Perhaps it was an off night, but it would not be going their on my own or with business associates.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Mr. Brian E,

We thank you for you visit to AMUZ with your business associates. I personally apologize for the late respond. We would love to hear more from you regarding your experience in our restaurant. Your feedback are highly appreciate. Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback at tripadvisor. If you have time, kindly email me at rezathalib@amuzgourmet.com for further discussion.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“great dishes, great ambience,”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

If you have a plan to have a formal date with your lovely couple,
this is the right place to go. with european style ambience and delicious french dishes, you'll get a european dining experience that make your night more romantic.
most of the dishes here are recommended, love the meat and scallops. the drinks are okay, not so special i can say.
the tip : its kinda expensive, so get your wallet thick :D

• Visited July 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs Prawnhatter,

Thank you for your last visit to AMUZ. We are delighted to hear you satisfied with our service. Your message has been pass over to all our team. We wish you and your partner a happy future.

Jakarta
“Great flavors, great service”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I went to Amuz by myself for a quick business lunch. Great flavors in every dish made it a great experience. I had the Salmon Avacado appetizer and the mushroom chicken main course. The service was to notch. The service is the best I've had in Jakarta. My only complaint was that the chicken was a bit tough but the great flavors made up for it. Great business lunch spot.

Dear Mr. Collin P,

Thank you for your visit to AMUZ. Apologize for late response, we highly appreciate your feedback and certainly rewarding our service and kitchen team.
Looking forward to serve you in near future.

Regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Mixed feelings - great food, terrible seating arrangements”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Took my wife here for her birthday dinner. It was during their truffle promotion too. I cannot remember the details of the food, but the dishes were between very good and excellent.

Wine list very good.

Service was excellent as well.

The main criticism is the layout and the way they allow people to sit and smoke in the central sofa area before/during/after their meal. So if you are sitting in a "non-smoking" seat on the periphery of that area, it is pretty hard to not have your meal polluted with secondhand smoke. I expect that in average restaurants, but not ones as good or as expensive as Amuz. Furthermore, there is an obvious location for the sofas for inconsiderate smokers - by the bar, well away from people trying to eat without additional odours.

The overall decor of the place is odd as well; it doesn't seem to have any "soul"; no interesting art. All very minimalist and boring.

Until they change the layout and the smoking policy (which I doubt they will!), I won't be returning, unless I could be guaranteed a seat in the far corner as far as possible from the offending sofa area (and hope nobody turns up wanting to smoke a cigar - which is quite likely, recognising this is a place where Jakarta's rich come to eat (and smoke!)).

Of course, if you are a smoker, then this place is highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013
rezathalib, Owner at Amuz, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Mr. Colin,

Thank you for your previous visit to AMUZ. Your feedback regarding our food and service are highly appreciated by both our culinary and service team. They are delighted to hear your positive comments.

We would like to apologize for our smoking policy in our restaurant which cause unpleasant experience for you and your wife. We certainly hear your comment and at the moment we are building our bar next to AMUZ which will make AMUZ a free smoking environment. Hopefully we can finished the bar project within February 2014.

We definitely will invite and welcome you to experience new AMUZ as a non smoking environment next year.

At the moment, should you need any assistance for you future booking please contact us anytime at our reservation number or simply email us at cheffounder@amuzgourmet.com for your smoke free environment dinner experience.