favehotel Wahid Hasyim
  • Restaurant
Kosenda Hotel(Jakarta)
Akmani Hotel(Jakarta)
View Hotel
All reviewsfave hoteltanah abangsarinah mallbudget hotelwalking distancetaman sari spacircle kgrand indonesiastrategic locationnew wingconvenient storedepartment storesmall roomcentral jakartafried riceegg stationclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I read a few other reviews before writing this one. The room rates are not high considering what is offered: great location (but it is Jakarta so many traffic jams), rooms are quite big and offer all comfort one can expect for this type of hotel...beds are great, toilet and shower were working well (hot water, clean sink, good towels, shampoo etc.) I missed in the beginning a wardrobe, but then realised that many hotels in Asia do not have one, especially kind of Budget City Hotels where one does not stay for long periods. I stayed on the 6th floor but had no problems with noise from machinery actually heard nothing at all....but I stayed at the edge of the building so it might be different in the center of it. The breakfast is great, at least if you like Asian breakfast with fried rice, noodles, eggs, fresh fruits ++. And if you do not like their (good) food you will find on short distance any kind you are looking for, from streetside foodstalls to Sarinahs food court to McDonalds or any kind of speciality Restaurants. All the staff during my weeks stay was extremely friendly and helpful. The only negative thing I can think of was this cock who woke me up every morning at around 5 am....then he started to make noise and even though I was on the 6th floor I could hear him well....and when I checked out on my last day I saw him proudly parading in the street...in the middle of Jakarta. I definitely will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank peterpan9_10
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Peterpan9_10

Thank you so much for posting all positive reviews about us. regret to hear a bout the cocks but we sincerely appreciate your nice experiences share to keep us maintain our fun, fresh and friendly hotel for all our valuable customers. Look forward to welcoming you back to the favehotel Wahidhasyim Jakarta !

Rudy H/Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Another great hotel for us in Jakarta. We booked 3 nights stay at this hotel. Although it's not the cheapest budget hotel but i can say that it's reasonably priced. Their staffs are helpful and friendly too. The room we had was clean, toilet was clean and has a great view from our room but the room has no wardrobe. Only comes with a bar with some hangers for hanging your clothes. Most of the time our clothes were tucked in the luggage.

The food at the cafe were nice and cheap too. Simple breakfast menu but they do have egg station! For those who prefer to grab MCD for breakfast, just walk 10 mins to SARINAH. In evening, just walk up to Thamrin for night food market. Various Indonesian food available. Try Nasi Gila! (Crazy Rice). They also have nice restaurants there.

Next to the hotel, there is Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa and just 5 mins walk to Tanah Abang. There is also K mart store at the ground floor. I would certainly come back and will recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ann_KleineFee
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hello Ann_KleineFee,

We are gladful to see your all positive reviews about our favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta on your last patronage. Certainly we wish to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel with your relatives or associates in your future coming plan when revisit Jakarta

Our wams regards to your family and wish you a Happy New Year 2014 !

Rudy Haryadi
Hotel Mgr

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The location is fantastic, the staff are friendly, the room generally acceptable. However what is not acceptable is that at floor 6, there is this loud humming sound that vibrates throughout the entire room. When I called to enquire what this is (my AC and WC are off as I thought it was one of these!), the staff told me it was because of the machinery located at rooftop that vibrates through! It is so loud that even watching TV was near impossible and the machinery made the air so charged that I get a static zap every time I touched something metallic like the chair in the room!

So I checked in 11:30pm and it is now 6:33am. I didn't get a wink of sleep and they couldn't change room for me because the hotel is apparently full! If you absolutely must stay here, do not stay on floor 6

Room Tip: Lower floors are better avoid floor 6
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank elfin27

Dear Elfin27, Singapore,

Thank you for the good comments of your last stay with us except one that you must have experienced staying in an uncomfortable room located right under our booster heat pump device on rooftop that we sincerely want to apologise about. With the contractor we have tried ways but still seeking alternate solution of repositioning into other location as last resource to reduce similar problem

We appreciate your constrcutive feedback for our improvement plan that we hope by 2014 the problem will be resolved

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very good hotel, clean rooms, very friendly well english-speaking staff. Good indonesian breakfast - better than the western breakfast. Omelett or scrambled egg is freshly prepared at the restaurant's terrace.. The location is a very big plus with the transjakarta station sarinah only 5 walking minutes away. From sarinah it is only a few bus stations to monas, the national museum or Kota and Glodok.
If I come back one day I will certainly stay at the Fave again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nik0laP

Dear Nik0laP, Regensburg - Germany,

Thank you for posting review of our hotel that you find it strategic for your recent trip to Jakarta
We certainly happy to see such positive comment and look forward to the opportunity of hosting your next staying with us !

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

i stayed for one night,and the room was clean,the front desk staf really helpfull and friendly
but when i had my breakfast,the staf unfriendly,but the food is tasty,i love the store next door,easy to get taxi around,near shopping mall and ancol recreation center,really recomended for city and shopping trip.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank arian2sb

Dear Arian2Sb,

Thank you for supplying feedback about your recent visit to favehotel wahiadhasyim Jakarta
We have passed on to our team members to continue Service excellence but will improve the restaurant's service staff level to also do their utmost effort to all our customers with more service training

Appreciate that you recommend our hotel for a good choice for city recreation and shopping as we centrally located the malls and Tanah Abang trade center

We can't wait to welcoming you back to Jakarta with a better experience

Kind regards