“Short notice and needed a place to go.”

favehotel Wahid Hasyim
Ranked #120 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Texarkana, Texas
“Short notice and needed a place to go.”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was an unplanned stop for us due to a change in travel plans. It was a clean place with a fairly close proximity to downtown and shopping. The restaurant was very good and with excellent service. The room was not big but for only a few days was very comfortable for two of us. This was a change from our normal hotel but a favorable and interesting change to be sure. I would not go out of my way to get there but if I was in the area, I would go back. It is a fair distance to the airport if that is a consideration. Other than that, we did enjoy the stay and was impressed with the staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the front of the building. Street noise is fairly loud at least on the first fe...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello Ken N - Peoria, Illinois

We thank you for your time posting positive reviews on your recent visit to our hotel. Understanding it was an unplanned stop but we are delighted to learn that you find our excellent restaurant services and impressed with others. We wish you had a chance to explore the areas to enjoy more like shopping, cinemas, or a dining out which are only a wakling distances!
Look forward to seeing you soon !

Kind regards,
Rudy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

If you are a tourist who wants the best of Tanah Abang and Thamrin City shopping, this is a strategic place for you.

The hotel is also near Sarinah Shopping Mall and the food street stalls along Wahid Hasyim.

Lastly, hotel is clean. But I wish they change their breakfast menu. We stayed 5nights and ate same breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samina M
Dear Samina M,

Thank you for visiting favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta
Yes, most of our shoppers love our location they found strategically specially close to the welknown Tanah Abang trade center. We are doing our efforts and talked to Chef ways to modify our breakfast variations as we value your comment positively. We should be seeing new things coming up for the breakfast very soon...Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback for our improvement ..

Kind regards
Rudy
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on February 2014. To me, I think Jalan Wahid Hasyim is the best location to stay in Jakarta. The hotel is very good, very clean, and service is wonderful. Even the room is not that small. Because I have requested a higher floor, I was given a room in the 6th floor. I remember reading in a previews review about the noise coming from the roof, which was very distributing, I have been told that the water compressor will be shut down at my request or latest by 10 om, which I did not mind since I was outside during that time. So if you want to have an really sleep, make sure you do not take a room at the 6th floor. I have booked through the hotel's own website which I have found it the best option available after some research. Although the hotel transfer which I have requested is much expensive, the type of vehicle you will get really worth the money if you are a first timer in Jakarta. If you are used to Jakarta, just get a taxi a blue bird taxi from the counter which can cost you half the price of the airport transfer.

Room Tip: Please avoid rooms in the 6th Floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZBelkhamza
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Zbelkhamza, Kinibalu-Malaysia,

We are very pleased to see all your positive comments posted about us
Yes, few rooms located right under the water compressor due to construction was only able to be modified to reduce the vibration and its noise. As for the transportation, when you get used with Jakarta, then Bluebird taxi is your best reliable choice to use

Lastly, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back or your relative/associates when revisiting Jakarta in a not long period of time

Hotel Manager

Tentang Kami | Daftar Perusahaan | Upgrade Seluler | Ulasan Cepat | Beriklan
© 2014 TripAdvisor LLC Semua hak dilindungi undang-undang. Persyaratan Penggunaan dan Kebijakan Privasi TripAdvisor.
* TripAdvisor LLC bukan biro perjalanan wisata dan tidak mengenakan biaya layanan apapun untuk pengguna situs Web ini... (lainnya)
TripAdvisor LLC tidak bertanggung jawab atas konten di situs Web eskternal. Pajak dan biaya tidak termasuk dalam cakupan penawaran.

Kirim

Bali
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My 1st impression when I check in to this hotel is: Awesome. I like the hotel location, close to Sarinah, Sabang street, etc - The room is awesome, clean and not really small, really..I was thinking it was a small tidy room, but it wasn't.

The staff is excellent, friendly, helpful and feels like home. I booked the 1hour massage from the hotel spa, and it was so great. Happy to have private massage in my room (since they don't have room treatment), breakfast was OK, tv channel - WIFI in the room all is good and make you comfortable. I had good sleep during my stay and for sure would like to be back again.

Room Tip: #510 Non smoking - double bed room, really quiet, nice view and close to lift:)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Clavi_Bali,

Glad to hear all good comments and enjoyable stay with favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta
If you happened to revisit Jakarta again in near future time, feel free to let us know as we shall be more than pleased to help you with any assistance at all..

Have a great day !

Cordially yours,
Kirim

Hotel Manager
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Have stayed here twice, in two different locations. These are great for any business trip, city break or stopover in Jakarta. A chain of hotels that provide all the necessary amenities in various convenient locations. Breakfast buffet is plentiful with options both local and Western.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Marygold99,

Thank you for taking the time posting positive review about us at favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta
We wish for the opportunity of hosting you on your next trip to Jakarta.

Have a wonderful day!

Thu Dau Mot, null, Vietnam
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Pros:
-Centrally located so not far from anything in Jakarta
-Good places to eat
-Far enough from the noise
-Nice and clean rooms

Cons:
-You have to walk a BIT more than compared to the 2 Ibises, but it's not too inconvenient unless it's raining.
-Only one elevator
-Staff was just okay

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators so you can get a peaceful nights rest.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Omar A - Thu Dau Mot, Vietnam,

First of all thank you for dropping brief review about our budget hotel favehotel Wahidhasyim Jakarta
We appreciate all the feedback given but most of our customers like us most due to location specially those on shopping destination to Tanah Abang Trade Center and other entertainment spots surrounding. Have a nice day !

Kind regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

If u want to ask me, where I have my comparison, and how i rate it base on my experience, because I have stayed with
The Travelhotel Cipaganti
Bandung, Indonesia Bandung.

I really do not like the idea of book now pay later, as last minute the day I checked-out, I need to exchange more money, I preferred to settle everything beforehand.

The room is ok, welcomed by some stinky pillows, there is a little pink favehotel pillow smell like a sweaty man (the hotel sell the pink pillow and it should be good for your lower back when you sit), I did call up the housekeeper, they returned my pillows with some fragrance spray, I accepted it, as I doubt they will change a new pillow for me, hopefully the hotel have a periodical housekeeping schedule to clean all the bedroom accessories, also the bath towel is really dirty, unacceptable level, no in white color, do take a guess...hmmm

As for breakfast, this hotel, there is really not much choice for bfast, also no kettle & no fridge in the room.

Also, I hope u dun bring too much luggages, as there is nobody else to help u to carry your baggages.

The reason I picked this hotel was because I have read some good review from tripadviser and it closes to Tanah Abang. The email reminder from the hotel and thank you note are really great, but they have to seriously look into the quality of the hotel.

There are some nice people from Singapore I met in the hotel.

Good luck!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Lisa C
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear LisaC, KL

We thank you for bringing up several valuable feedback about us and really apologise to hear inconveniences you have encountered on your last stay with us.

The major linen replacement has currently been dealt with as our priority. At the moment the gradual bedlinens/duvets/pillows cases's replacement are in process as we expect within a month lead time we will have them changed to eradicate your comments as we treat this as a serious follow up to keep up our standard room set up. Other areas of housekeeping issues has been discussed internally with the team as we expect immediate improvement is on our way

Being budget hotel concept, we unfortunately can not provide all room facility as we see in medium-large hotel, Lastly, we value your comment positively for our continued service imporvement therefore thank you !.

Rudy H / Hotel Mgr

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels