“Your typical solid accommodation”

favehotel Wahid Hasyim
Ranked #136 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Since extensively travelling in Indonesia the favehotel quickly became on of my favorite low budget accommodation in the country. Favehotel Wahid Hasyim as a great value for money hotel when business or pleasure takes you to the heart of Jakarta. It is very well located on a sidestreet perpendicular to Jalan Thamrin and a short taxi ride away from places like Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia Mall and many government offices.
Like all favehotels it feel is modern and light, the rooms are equipped for guests who do not bring too much luggage with them and stay only for a few nights. It lacks storage facilities and does not have a wardrobe. Just a rail with a few hangers on it.
Bring your own toiletries and room slippers for the hotel management only provides those for an extra charge.
The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom very clean and functional. Hot water is indeed hot, something I really appreciate.
The flatscreen TV with international channels and free wifi in the room are also something I do not want to do without.
Breakfast is included and the typical buffet mix of Indonesian staples like fried rice or noodles, fruits, etc. For those who cannot bring themselves to have a warm meal for breakfast there is toast with jam, honey and chocolate spread. Good enough to start the day.
The restaurant also serves food for lunch and dinner up til which I welcomed when I arrived late in the evening to check in. It is also convenient to have a circle k mini mart right next to the entrance.
The receptionist was friendly and no nonsense. Just like the rest of the staff.
This hotel will always be an option for me in future, however, not until I have tried a few others in the same area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Q-Cuppster
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Q-Cuppster, Ubud Bali

Thank you so much for posting review and sharing your overall good experience stay with us at the favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta,
We are glad that our hotel brand become your favourite hotel desitnation for your business or leisure travel. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future soon.

Warms regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here through friend's recommendation..hotel is very near major shopping mall like plaza Indonesia, grand Indonesia etc. Was a pleasant stay. Wi-Fi is very strong. Because I stayed high floor so I couldn't hear noises from street. Bed are just comfortable for us to rest. Breakfast are delicious but they don't change the menu everyday. That's one point bad about them. Overall it is definitely a very nice stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baby_ling
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear baby_ling, S'pore

We are glad that you picked the wise recommendation hotel to stay at the favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta
A lot of our customers find us strategically located in the city center where they can go anywhere easily. We are in the stage of re-engineer the Breakfast menu for our customer's needs and we will come up differently about it soon. We appreciate that in overall you managed to get enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you back in near future time.

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel was a winner for me. Not far from Jl Thamrin and lots of Jakarta features, plus some easy walking down the backstreets, Fave Wahid Hasyim was a good choice. Room was smallish, but clean and had everything I needed. Really good wifi was much appreciated as well. Staff were friendly, helpful and made me very comfortable. Also some good senses of humour! Bluebird Taxi Stand out front and 7-11 type store next door extremely convenient as well. A very happy stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Elizabeth H

Dear Elizabeth, Melbourne

Thank you so much for valuing our budget property highly
All the staff & management will continue to keep our hotel image remain positively and always to be a preferred budget hotel for clientile profile like you amongst our loyal guests. Bear in mind that we are in the initial stage to expand favehotel Wahidhasyim with additional rooms next door in order to accommodate more customers finding our product suitable for their needs. We hope you will see us differently if you happened to return by early 2015. See you soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was an unplanned stop for us due to a change in travel plans. It was a clean place with a fairly close proximity to downtown and shopping. The restaurant was very good and with excellent service. The room was not big but for only a few days was very comfortable for two of us. This was a change from our normal hotel but a favorable and interesting change to be sure. I would not go out of my way to get there but if I was in the area, I would go back. It is a fair distance to the airport if that is a consideration. Other than that, we did enjoy the stay and was impressed with the staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the front of the building. Street noise is fairly loud at least on the first fe...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello Ken N - Peoria, Illinois

We thank you for your time posting positive reviews on your recent visit to our hotel. Understanding it was an unplanned stop but we are delighted to learn that you find our excellent restaurant services and impressed with others. We wish you had a chance to explore the areas to enjoy more like shopping, cinemas, or a dining out which are only a wakling distances!
Look forward to seeing you soon !

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

If you are a tourist who wants the best of Tanah Abang and Thamrin City shopping, this is a strategic place for you.

The hotel is also near Sarinah Shopping Mall and the food street stalls along Wahid Hasyim.

Lastly, hotel is clean. But I wish they change their breakfast menu. We stayed 5nights and ate same breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samina M

Dear Samina M,

Thank you for visiting favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta
Yes, most of our shoppers love our location they found strategically specially close to the welknown Tanah Abang trade center. We are doing our efforts and talked to Chef ways to modify our breakfast variations as we value your comment positively. We should be seeing new things coming up for the breakfast very soon...Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback for our improvement ..

Kind regards
Rudy

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on February 2014. To me, I think Jalan Wahid Hasyim is the best location to stay in Jakarta. The hotel is very good, very clean, and service is wonderful. Even the room is not that small. Because I have requested a higher floor, I was given a room in the 6th floor. I remember reading in a previews review about the noise coming from the roof, which was very distributing, I have been told that the water compressor will be shut down at my request or latest by 10 om, which I did not mind since I was outside during that time. So if you want to have an really sleep, make sure you do not take a room at the 6th floor. I have booked through the hotel's own website which I have found it the best option available after some research. Although the hotel transfer which I have requested is much expensive, the type of vehicle you will get really worth the money if you are a first timer in Jakarta. If you are used to Jakarta, just get a taxi a blue bird taxi from the counter which can cost you half the price of the airport transfer.

Room Tip: Please avoid rooms in the 6th Floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZBelkhamza
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Wahid Hasyim, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Zbelkhamza, Kinibalu-Malaysia,

We are very pleased to see all your positive comments posted about us
Yes, few rooms located right under the water compressor due to construction was only able to be modified to reduce the vibration and its noise. As for the transportation, when you get used with Jakarta, then Bluebird taxi is your best reliable choice to use

Lastly, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back or your relative/associates when revisiting Jakarta in a not long period of time

Sincerely yours,
Hotel Manager

Tentang Kami | Daftar Perusahaan | Upgrade Seluler | Ulasan Cepat | Beriklan
© 2014 TripAdvisor LLC Semua hak dilindungi undang-undang. Persyaratan Penggunaan dan Kebijakan Privasi TripAdvisor.
* TripAdvisor LLC bukan biro perjalanan wisata dan tidak mengenakan biaya layanan apapun untuk pengguna situs Web ini... (lainnya)
TripAdvisor LLC tidak bertanggung jawab atas konten di situs Web eskternal. Pajak dan biaya tidak termasuk dalam cakupan penawaran.

Kirim

Sincerely yours,
Hotel Mgr

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My 1st impression when I check in to this hotel is: Awesome. I like the hotel location, close to Sarinah, Sabang street, etc - The room is awesome, clean and not really small, really..I was thinking it was a small tidy room, but it wasn't.

The staff is excellent, friendly, helpful and feels like home. I booked the 1hour massage from the hotel spa, and it was so great. Happy to have private massage in my room (since they don't have room treatment), breakfast was OK, tv channel - WIFI in the room all is good and make you comfortable. I had good sleep during my stay and for sure would like to be back again.

Room Tip: #510 Non smoking - double bed room, really quiet, nice view and close to lift:)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Clavi_Bali,

Glad to hear all good comments and enjoyable stay with favehotel wahidhasyim Jakarta
If you happened to revisit Jakarta again in near future time, feel free to let us know as we shall be more than pleased to help you with any assistance at all..

Have a great day !