“Smelly Room”

MyHotel
MyHotel
Ranked #255 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We checked in for one night stay (12.05.2014) before fly back to KL on next day.
Check-in at night coz we all came from Bandung. The room was not OK and smelly..as well as the bathroom... a bit dirty. Breakfast food was so so only.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Reservation team don't read special requests. There was mentioned early arrival, but it seemed, that receptionist saw it for the first time, when we pointed to it. As a result, there was no clean room for us. We were asked to wait for 4 hours. When I asked for a front office manager, it was said, that he would come within 1 hour. And after a sleepless night in a train we had to go for a walk. When we came back, night shift receptionist changed to day shift. The day shift knew nothing about us!!! But they said, that they have a clean room. We were asked to pay for early arrival (it's a normal thing when you arrive at 7 A.m), but breakfast in this charge was not included! We asked for a front office manager again, but we were said that he has a day off that day. We asked for a general manager, but we were said, that he was on a meating at that moment. We asked him to visit us after his meeting (but nobody came). After that we were given a key from a dirty room! I called to reception and said about that. The receptionist brought a key for another room. The new one was clean, but it was with windows on the side with noisy road works. Resume: I understand that such kind of problems could be in any hotel. But a good hotel and a bad one differs in a way of solving them. So this is a bad hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel room is good, I stay twice in this hotel, First i stay at deluxe room,
the room is small with pillar in the room but nice bathroom, and i try the executive room,
the room is is bigger with sofa inside (also there's a pillar inside the room),
I not try the breakfast in the hotel but from the hotel to LTC (shoping mall) just walking distance, it's easy to find something here (food,shopping,night club,ect).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was surprised at how good this hotel was given This hotel was in an area surrounded by the less wealthy. As you walk out of the hotel,It was great to see how the less privilege lived and what they do just to survive

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jen_jenn88
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel is quite alright, clean and warm water. Both online/at the spot for around 400k. The location is good with great chinese restaurants on the west and east side and at a big road where you can hail a taxi at anytime. 2 reception staff gave me a dirty look when i requested a room on the south side because my room on the north side was 5 meters away from a mosque's speaker. The request was fulfilled though. breakfast is nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wagnnxnwp1
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My colleague reserved this budget hotel to stay, it has a clean room, the staff is quite nice, it gives you a complimentary breakfast, but it's a very bad I should say and the resto is very stingy with the food, it only put a 4-5 pieces of bread then after they're finished, the waitress took about 5 -10 minutes to prepare it. As I say, it's a quite clean for a budget hotel but the surrounding is quite noisy since there is a police station next to it and in the morning was so noisy about the some kind of ceremony. The hotel should fix something with the shower, since the hotel don't put any curtains so the shower will make the bathroom wet. The hotel is next to Lindeteves and Glodok, I believe, which are an old shopping center. It gives you free wifi that doesn't connect to your smartphone and the receptionist didn't even care about it. One thing I heard, the hotel suits you when you like a nightlife around there. Good luck.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TKWANG168
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This a late review as I stayed last year. I was not intending to stay here but due a screw up of a booking in another hotel I had to stay one night here. On arrival I was pleasantly surprised with the courteous staff. They were very helpful in getting me to the room quick. The room is very spacious, clean bed linnen, towels etc., I felt very secured too. There was tea/coffee making facilites. In general everything was good. The downsides - As the coffee maker is in the same table there is space restrictions to use the laptop etc., They can always have another small table to keep the coffee maker. The biggest downside is that there was no wardrobe to store the clothes. I had to keep them in the luggage.. Hope they have fixed it my now and I am hoping to visit again.

Room Tip: Get a room at a higher floor as by morning the hustle bustle of the mall adjoining can disturb your...