The Hang Tuah is very much a 4 star boutique hotel. It's in a great location close to Pacific Place, Grand Indonesia and other Jakarta hot spots. The staff are really lovely and kind and seem genuinely excited to see you. It's very good value and has an overall relaxing, welcoming ambiance. A few things to note:
1) It's pretty basic when it comes to amenities. Breakfast is two eggs with white toast and nescafe. in your bathroom you get one little bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo (and they don't have other things on request - e.g., shaving kit - but they'll be more than happy to send someone out to buy one!) The gym is pretty abysmal, so if you're staying for a week and want to exercise, probably not the place. There's no printer, business center, or other 'extras'.
2) Internet is really spotty and got pretty frustrating at times when I had to send urgent emails and documents. I've stayed in Hang Tuah a number of times and it has happened each time I've stayed that the internet was totally unreliable.
3) This last time I stayed I was put in room 044 (basement room). It smelled a little musty, the toilet ran, and there was no desk. The other rooms on the first and second floors are lovely so if they are going to put you there, just ask for another room.
4) Room service is not 24 hours and the menu is pretty minimal. Best to eat out before coming back to hotel.
All in all, if you're looking for having everything at your fingertips, 'luxury', or immediate convenience (for work, etc.) might be a little frustrating. If you just want a home away from home, or are stopping through for a night or two, I would definitely recommend it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Hang Tuah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.