“Decent place...”
Review of Hang Tuah Hotel

Hang Tuah Hotel
Ranked #13 of 338 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed once in 2008, informed by a buddy about the hotel.

Emailed them for a 3 night stay and found the prices had doubled since 2008, not totally unexpected.
A regular room is 800,000, a deluxe or superior 900,000, so I picked the higher end.
The driver arranged piced me up at Hatta, 300,000, good driver. I mentioned I'd be training it to Surabaya so we stopped at an Indomart and bought a ticket for a 7,500 rup surcharge. This you have to exchange at the train station counter for an actual ticket.

The room at the Hang Tuah was very nice, huge in fact. The better rooms are downstairs it seems. The staff very helpful. The wifi was good.

Normally you could deal with the hotel on cost but there have been new owners for a couple years, or so I have heard.

It's a short walk to Senayan Mall, other than that not much around to walk to, that I discovered anyways.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ozzy O

Reviewed 3 April 2013

check in for 1 night only (thanks God). was going to bring the room's key home since i had something important to do but the receptionist told us the key could not be out from the hotel, so I gave him the key.
the next day, i found my stuffs missing, coke (compliments) and other drinks were missing, and it was like there were others used my room (euw euw). i called receptionist and security but neither could help not even show the willingness to help. i think this hotel was renting my room to another person since they've already knew i wasnt gong to stay.
stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Like some reviewer before me said, beware of this hotel. beware of thief and all their bullsht. stay...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PropertyofH
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Me & my beau love this place coz its smack dab in the mid of the city yet doesnt feel like it. We like the room in the bottom floor coz its infront of the pool. The deluxe room is big, colmplete w coffe maker and fridge. Staff are always nice. Breakfast can be delivered to your room, not too wide a selection but not bad. The bathtubs were recently replaced with new ones.. so even more awesome. One of our fave boutique hotel in Jkt tho recently they raised the prizes.. Boo hoo.. But i would still recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelsInPairs
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Excellent little hotel in a quiet part of megalopolis. Nice garden with clean swimming pool which comes in handy after a sweaty day.Communication with staff is a bit erratic due to improvable english but all are very friendly and do their best to be helpful. I would definitely go there again and it is very good value for the money.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the first floor. More light and less noise from the street (which is not a prob...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PittP63
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My familiy and I stayed at the Hang Tuah early december 2012. My wife, baby and I in one room, our older teenaged son in the next room. The hotel was pleasant enough and the food basic but then £45 went missing from my son's room (he had left it on the nightstand and requested his room not be cleaned that day - it was cleaned anyway) We immediately informed the staff who were completely unhelpful, suggesting it was our fault and that this had not happened before so it must be down to our negligence. I called the manager and after promising to look into the situation she then kept avoiding our subsequent calls. In the end we just gave up, it was not so much the missing money, it was the principle. Needless to say, we will NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank L J
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Small friendly hotel. Value for money. Nice, tasteful rooms. Friendly staff. Nice area in town, not too far away from downtown. Some interesting old colonial houses to see (most run down or glammed up in an ugly way though). Boutique concept not yet optimized to the max. Rooms look smarter than lobby and hallways.

Room Tip: Go for deluxe room, eg. 111.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Huibert74
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I had stayed at The Hang Tuah once before and this was my second stay. The atmosphere is very homely and cosy, tastefully furnished rooms with the most comfortable beds. Although located on a very busy road, the traffic noise was well absorbed by the lush greenery surrounding it. It is within walking distance to Senayan City, located about 500 metres away. There are many eateries in the location too and taxis readily available. At less than USD60, it was a bargain and real value for money suitable for business and families. I got myself a room on the lower floor with doors that opened right to the pool. The only shortcoming was that I had intermittent internet access as they were probably having trouble with the router on that floor. Overall, my stay was pleasant and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground or first floor, facing the pool...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends