“Spent a night here in December”

Pullman Jakarta Central Park
Ranked #26 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My sister had a wedding reception in Pullman (12/7) so we booked 4 rooms for our immediate family on the night of the wedding.

I booked 1 executive suite and 3 executive deluxe suite room. To our delight, all rooms were upgraded to executive suites so that's a nice pleasant surprise.

The cost of the room is between $213 - $350 per night. Is it worth it? I guess so, hence the 4 stars.

As far as my impression of the hotel, I had a mixed feeling. Maybe I'm not so much of a modern/contemporary person. I've had enjoyed my stays in modern looking hotels before (Hongkong Langham Place Hotel or W or hotel Vitale in SF). I found that some of the elements are just not fitting. It has some industrial and modern decor all throughout but some are a bit pretentious (i.e: the bathroom door near the lobby, it doesn't have handle. While I was there, an elderly woman had difficulty of opening the door). All in all, the decor was a bit cold.

We were put on the 1st level for the 4 rooms and it ended up to be the best floor IMO. It's next to the spa so the hallway smell really nice. My sister wasn't so lucky, she spent 2 nights in executive suites as part of the wedding package and had to move twice (first on the 8th floor then 13th floor before I finally requested her to be moved back to the 1st floor on her second night). The main reason was because the AC was broken (8th floor). Second, they put her in the smoking room (13th floor) even though we requested over and over again for no smoking room. The smoking room is terrible for non smoker. Your eyes started to get wattery the minute you stepped in the hallway.

But all small annoyances aside, the location of this hotel is really good. Jakarta can get very stuffy, polutted, and congested but the Central Park area is actually pleasant. You can walk around the tribeca park and enjoy a bit of fresh air outside the hotel. The mall adjacent to the hotel is also very nice and new. My niece and nephew enjoyed their time there and the ability to run around the park. There are a slew of restaurants on the side, I tried some of them and they are quite good. I even found a nice cozy wine bar tucked in the corner of the tribeca park.

The buffett in the hotel is OK. I guess I constantly compare to Mulia Hotel buffett and given this one is a lot cheaper (in fact, we got it as part of the room) then it's fine. Not the best in Jakarta but not disappointing. Fair selection of Indonesian and International cuisines.

The staff is a bit mixed. I love on how prompt the service is when we call the front desk (i.e: to repair the AC) but I also got a bit annoyed on my sister's incident where I feel it's kind of ruined her wedding night (AC broken, smoking room instead of non smoking room, etc).

Well there is a room for improvement but overall, I still recommend this hotel esp for my non Indonesian friend. The location can't be beat and the complex that it's in still a lot pleasant compared to Senayan (where Mulia hotel is) or kuningan (Hyatt, Fours Seasons, Ritz, etc).

As far as the spa, it's a lot cheaper to other spas such as Ritz and Four Seasons. I got a massage while I was there, while the massage is nice and good, the service is not of a premier spa. They didn't take me to the locker room or showed me around of the facility. I always enjoy steam in the spa but the steam didn't even work and I was the only person in the steam room/locker. But the plus is that the spa doesn't charge a lot. It's cheaper to go to day spa in the mall but it's convenient to get massage inside the hotel if you stay there.

Room Tip: pick the first floor on non smoking section. The smell is very pleasant.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear restless_insfo,

Thank you for your comment posted on TripAdvisor recounting your recent visit to Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I highly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with fellow TripAdvisor readers.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and have benefited our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall.

Our hotel has a raw industrial concept design where different artworks are scattered around at the entire premises and should you find one that is discomforting, please accept our apology because it is highly comprehended that guests react differently to work of art.

I apologize that the room assignment was not correct at your request. I would like to inform you that special request is based on availability. Moreover, in regard to your comment about the heat at our Fit & Spa, I would like to acknowledge that we have obstacles to find the spare part of the heater in town and it might take time to have it well-repaired. Therefore, please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered at our Fit & Spa.

Furthermore, we carefully review the value of our accommodation which enables us to present a competitive offer based on the worth our clients could gain from. Customers select hotels based on different considerations and with the gridlocks in Jakarta that occurs at a constant period in most part of the city, choosing a hotel with a short distance to reach the ariport to catch the flight out is a competitive offer we could provide our clients which they have found it very accommodating and being inside a superblock where Central Park Mall has almost everything is also a great advantage they could benefit from, however, we appreciate your comment.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back at Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Fabrice Mini

Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Received friendly greetings, checking in was smooth and swift. helpful staffs and clear explanations. hotel staffs along the way greets you, make you feel comfortable and welcome.
Room facilities and breakfast are great. Pullman location is perfect with Central Park and Taman Anggrek Mal in the vicinity. Therefore is very accessible to go and have a walk. Plus is near to the airport so the traffic is not as bad.
I am not sure why the elevator is quite odd at times as it seems like i have to wait for quite some time at lobby to go up especially. Otherwise everything is good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Pullman_Jakarta_CP, General Manager at Pullman Jakarta Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central.

Thank you for staying with us and for spending some of your time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am enchanted to know that in most aspects you savoured your stay with us and that our Team looked after you very well.

It is also delighting to learn that our strategic location has benefited you and in regards to your comment about speed, I would like to acknowledge you (since most of the guests are unaware of this) that structurally the Ground Floor (GF) where our Main Entrance and Reception are located is 13 floors below the Floor 1 (the first floor where our rooms are located). This is to give our clients an idea when they get an impression that the elevators are moving utterly slow to go up and down.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights.First impression of the hotel from the outside was pretty good.Modern looking with bluish tinted all glass windows.But once you enter the lobby it was a weird and odd concept.Small lobby/checkin area.To the right is the lobby bar.Staffs were polite and friendly from the security to the checkin staffs.Decor was greyish and looked more like a warehouse.The walkway towards the lift had weird suspended baby dolls enclosed in glass cases and lots of arty retro type paintings on the walls which is featured throughout the hotel and the rooms.
My room was on the 7th floor but in actual fact is higher than that as the hotel rooms only start above some ballrooms and the pool floors.So it was more like maybe 15floors up.My room faced directly into the Pullman apartments opposite and it was so near i could see the bedrooms and living rooms.Such a pity as my view was blocked as the it would have been a very nice sight at that height.
The room was on the small side and design of it was unique but the decor made the room look cheap.The toilet was walk through with separate shower and toilet.The shower was plonked right in the center of the room with no bathtub.The separate toilet had a constant sewerage smell to it as it was also enclosed.
I had requested twin beds and was given 2 single sized beds.I just barely fit into the bed so if anyone above 5ft 8in were to sleep in it..they might have their feet sticking out and becareful if u are a restless sleeper u might just roll off the bed.Also beware that the bed is of higher height that the normal bed.A big square pillow and a regular size pillow placed on the bed.I felt the square pillow was just to big for the small bed and didnt use it.But the bed itself was comfortable with just the right firmness.The aircon took sometime to adjust to the temperature we wanted so it was either to warm..or to cold.
The orange colored wall had a a small tv mounted on it.The grey walls at the side had dark scuff marks purposely scattered on it which made the room look dirty.
Another weird thing was inside the closet there were 2 small barbells.I wonder if it ever gets used by guests.
The hotel is about just slightly over a year old but the fittings showed a bit of wear and tear already.The bathroom sink tap had black mould at the bottom.One corner of my wooden bed frame at the foot was split.The bedside clock didnt work at all only after i informed housekeeping about it.
Location was very good though.Approximately 30mins from the airport and at the edge of downtown so you wont encounter too much of the horrendous traffic jams.Just below the hotel is the Central Park mall(also about more than a year old) which has everything from a very large selection of restaurants and plenty of the usual brand shops,Carrefour and Sogo.If thats not enough one can walk across to Taman Anggrek shopping mall which is much much older.
This hotel is considered a 5star hotel but in terms of decor and design i wouldnt rate it that.More like 3star as it looks cheap and odd.I wonder who is the designer and decorator.Location wise and the service staffs are 5 stars...typical of indonesian hospitality.I wouldnt stay or recommend this hotel again in terms of its rooms.Maybe my pictures that i posted would describe it better than my review.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Philip L

Dear AsianWorldTraveller,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you immensely for taking the time to comprehensively write about your recent stay at our hotel to the TripAdvisor readers.

It is pleasing to learn that you have taken pleasure in our strategic location which is adjoining to Central Park Mall and a short distance to and from Soekarno-Hatta International Ariport and our associates level of service has in fact impressed you.

Moreover, in regards to your comments about the style of interior, herewith, I would like to inform you that it is a dynamic raw industrial design concept where guests could find artworks scattered at the entire premises and this reflects to the finishing touch of the walls and the set out bathroom lay out as well as the furniture.

Furthermore, I would like to apprise you as well that the views of our bedrooms have their own highlights. The one which is facing the city is more daring especially with its bright innovative modern décor, meanwhile, the room you stayed in is an ideal retreat which comes from its tranquil atmosphere, however, we would like to apologize should you feel uncomfortable by its sight and specific request (bed type) would be based on availability status.

I have certainly noted your comments on how minor lapses should be improved and I highly thank you for this since we believe customer feedback is one of the most precious sources of information for improvement.

In addition, I would like to inform you that prior to being categorized in the star rating system, we had to undergo series of process which comprise comprehensive parameters we were required to comply with based on the applicable worldwide standards and it is certainly correct that slight adjustment could be found among countries simply to fulfill the main target market requirement and based on the above evaluation system, Pullman Jakarta Central Park has been determined to be a five-star property, however, we appreciate your comments.

Once again thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you soon again at our hotel.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Arriving to the hotel and received friendly greetings, checking in was smooth and swift. helpful staffs and clear explanations. meeting hotel staffs along the way to the rooms, they were all very friendly, make you feel comfortable and welcome.
room facilities functioning just perfectly. breakfast was also just great.
Perhaps a concern, since your occupancy rate is very high, the number of elevators may not be sufficient.

Dear Greatfoodsinkorea,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your candid and wonderful feedback.

My team & I are pleased to learn that we have been part of your satisfactory stay and it is always great to hear from our guests how much they have enjoyed both our product & services.

In regards to your comment on the elevators, herewith, I would like to inform you that the number of lifts available at the hotel have been determined to adequately accommodate the guest’ requirements, however, we appreciate your feedback should you feel otherwise.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Booked a night here because the roads were severely flooded and cars were at a standstill. The only room left was an executive suite. Needed extra bed, but they failed to provide an itemization of 400000 rupiah extra per bed. They quoted 3.5 million rupiah for room.

Room is very spacious and nice. Two rooms with its own climate control system and tv. Outer room has own toilet room. Bedroom has very nice standing ceiling shower, bathtub, and toilet. Dual sinks, large king size bed .

Free snack and beverage area on 12 th floor. Free breakfast for 2 in the morning.

When I checked out, we had a minor issue with the room estimate. It was now that they informed us of the itemization of the beds. After discussing the issue with the manager, Jessica Effendi, the issue was resolved amicably. We paid for what we were originally quoted for.

Overall good experience. The hallway is pretty creepy with jump roping blue babies wearing two piece swimwear with an apple on Its head. At first, it seemed like a cult, but I I did some research. It's called industrial art by an Indonesian artist. Maybe still cultish, who knows?

Same babies showing their wee wee in the dining hall. Not the most welcoming for families. Great location. I think I would still stay there in a future if needed. I do hope they remove the jump rope babies- they went so far to have a hologram jumping baby along with the multiple statues.

Room Tip: Executive suite is awesome for a family. It has a bed sofa. Any more beds will be extra charges.
1  Thank Bernard H

Dear Bernard H,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experiences to the TripAdvisor readers.

I am delighted to know that in most aspects you are gratified with your recent stay and my Team and I truly feel that it was a pleasure to look after you.

You are certainly precise about the concept of our interior design which is a dynamic industrial art where collections of artwork from Indonesian artists are scattered at the entire premises and we highly comprehend that guests react differently to work of art and I would like to sincerely apologize if you have felt discomfort from it and we appreciate your feedback.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long as we are all looking forward to welcoming you again at Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I just stay one nite with 2 children 17 months and 3 years... the check in / out process quite fast...Friendly staff ...
the room small not tiny with baby coat..and the 1st time i found shower in a middle of room,
the pool ok.. my soon love it... the hotel very interesting with lots of arts...
Breakfast was simple lots variety and tasty ....
Location very strategies with lots cafe and just one step go to mall....

Will be back to this hotel soon...

Dear yenny c,

Greetings from Pullman Jakarta Central Park.

Thank you for your candid review and I am delighted to learn that you have savoured your stay with us.

I am looking forward to having you as one of our guests again in the near future.