“Thank you Ita”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jakarta
The Maritim Guest House
Ranked #8 of 333 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Genoa, Italy
“Thank you Ita”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We arrived in this guest house at night after a long flight,they were waiting for us and as soon as we had dropped the bags they brought us a hot tea for a good sleep. the staff of the guesthouse is really kind, Ita is always there for good advices to visit Jakarta and we really felt at home.
The cook is great and makes indonesian dishes, we tasted every bit of what they brought us, it was just excellent!thank you for everything and hope to see you soon, Greta&Filippo (italy)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
I would like to thank you for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the guest house.
I enjoyed meeting you too. I hope you are well and happy. See you again! Best regards, Ita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jakarta
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I spent a week at the Maritim Guest House last January when I first moved to Jakarta. The food (especially the home made bread and pasteries) was wonderful and the room was lovely. Apart from that, Ita took wonderful care of me, even giving me and another guest a tour around town one Sunday. If I didn't live here, it would be my regular base in Jakarta.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again one of these days when you send your visiting friends and family to The Maritim Guest House. Thank you very much for your time to review us! Best regards, Don & Ita
Polska, Częstochowa
Reviewed 27 August 2013

To the Martim Guesthouse we arrived from the airport by taxi. The journey took about 1, 5 hours due to traffic jams. Return the way to the airport on Sunday was faster, just one hour. Before arrival the owner gave me the necessary guidance and told us how much can cost a taxi journey from the airport. Marti Guesthouse is beautifully place, where you feel like at home. Great place away from the hustle and bustle of the city, in a quiet area, well-maintained green garden. Extremely nice owners, very helpful, and to the great Indonesian food prepared on site.
Upon arrival we get dinner, beautifully presented Indonesian dishes, one of the best we eate on Java. Outside table with chairs where we spend nice evening.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will return to Jakarta and The Maritim Guest House in the future.

Best regards,
Don & Ita
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We only stayed one night, and so we thought we would be snubbed because we would not be giving Maritim Guest House too much business. But we were wrong. Soulfulness and mindfulness are hallmarks of owners Don and Ita Smith no matter who you are -- from the very helpful email instructing us to take the Bluebird taxi from the airport (to protect us from getting ripped off) to the hot tea and raisin cookies and the barefoot Don serving these himself upon our very early 3am arrival. Food was wonderful, all homemade recipes, my serving was practically good for two; the location at Cilandak very convenient as it is in South Jakarta, Indonesia's most modern face, and we were lucky to see and experience it vis-a-vis the culture and tradition that we got loads of in Bali on the second leg of our trip. Being very social, Don and Ita recommended restos and resorts for our Bali trip, and they all checked out wonderfully. We will definitely see them again soon (Inshallah) and ask all my Jakarta-bound friends to do the same!

Room Tip: Any room is good, it's a small house located in a quiet part of town.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your thoughtful review. Every guest is most welcome at The Maritim Guest House no matter how many nights they stay with us. Whoops, I guess I'd better remember to put my shoes on! Hahah. We want guests to feel at home in a relaxed environment. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Jakarta!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week to be near family. It is possible to get anywhere in Jakarta from this location but being in a large city certain times of the day are busier than others. Ita is very knowledgable about how and when to travel. Staying here was so good from many aspects for us(especially the lovely meals). Every guest will benefit from the local knowledge and kindnesses from the hosts Ita, Don and their competent staff. Maritim was full the whole time we were there so don't leave booking too late as you will miss out on a very special place.

• Stayed May 2013
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review and nice comments. We are glad we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back again! Best regards, Don & Ita
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here for about 2 weeks in June/July this year and had a great time. Room was spacious, everything worked and meals were excellent. Service was good.
Don and Ita were excellent hosts and I had a memorable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope one day you and your wife too, will come stay with us again. With best regards, Don & Ita
Luanda
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hello From Angola. I stayed at this Guest house twice during my backpacking trip to Indonésia. After arriving from more two days of flight connections I arrived at 4.00 AM and had a homemade apple pie and tea waiting for me. First night I sleapt so well that instead of waking up at 8, I overslept until 1.00pm. The guest house is very personal, clean and the home made breakfast and dinner are perfect. Everything is very professional mixed with friendly and personal service. Ita was incredible taking care of me, helping me organizing my remain trip. I highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joana_Rosario
djazz_12, Owner at The Maritim Guest House, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Wow, thanks for the wonderful review. We are glad we appeared to exceed your expectations. This is a challenge for us as with so many great reviews, we are not complaining about that, guests naturally expect more and more. We are planning more improvements to our guest house, stay tuned! Best regards, Don & Ita