“Nice!”

Cuisines: Indonesian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I really love the iga sapi penyet, its really delicious and their sambal is marvellous! My favourite drink is their es degan..

I went there with my dad, he ordered iga sapi penyet and empal penyet, and i ordered ayam penyet, the ayam/chicken penyet is really tasty! You will love it. The service is also fast. The only thing that must be improved is their rice, its dry and not really good.. The others are excellence!

• Visited June 2013

• Indonesian first
Vancouver, Canada
“Their sambal is out of this world good!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Every time I come home to Jakarta, Warung Leko is my first stop! As soon as I drop my luggage in my apartment, I literally run to Warung Leko to have their spicy Iga Penyet (fried ribs in enormous amount of chili paste). I of course, opt the very spicy chili! Their sambal (chili) is out of this world good! That's what makes this restaurant special. Everyone can make fried ribs but no one does the sambal (chili) as fantastic as Warung Leko! They also serve nasi merah (red rice) which is healthier than the white rice. And the price..heck! so affordable! This is an example of a good restaurant with good affordable price! One of my favorite restaurants in Jakarta for sure!!

• Visited September 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Spicy ribs”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Best spicy ribs in the price for value and taste 5 star restaurant ... If u want like taste must come in and try very spicy chili

• Visited July 2013
“Best beef rib in town with mediocre service”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I visited Warung Leko Central Park Mall during my dinner time at 31 Jul 2013. When I arrived at the restaurant, nobody greeted me at the door, so I helped myself to find some place to sit. 5 min after I sat, no waiter seemed to notice me and give me the menu. So, once again, I helped myself to ask for the menu. Apart from the service, the food were so flavorful. It manage to washed away my initial discomfort. My favorite were iga + otot goreng or beef rib + tendon.

• Visited July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“A Must Try!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My colleagues from Jakarta and I ate here as it was highly recommended by them. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone to enjoy an Indonesian take on beef ribs. Do order the "Iga Sapi Penyet" It's succulent beef short ribs crispy on the outside and soft inside. Ribs are on a bed of a paste made of chili, tomatoes and other spices. You can choose the level of spiciness. I was daring enough to try the spiciest option and it definitely did not disappoint. Best with a bottle of Bintang. Cheers!

Visited July 2013

Been to Warung Leko? Share your experiences!