US$208
  • Pool
US$190
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

Rasuna Icon Jakarta(Jakarta)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$36
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$47/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$104
  • Breakfast included
US$148
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$285
US$212
Agoda.com
All reviewslaundry serviceambassador mallminutes walking distancelotte martkuningan areacomfortable bedsfood stallsstar hotelinternet connectionshort staymega kuninganshopping mallkarettaxiitcbfastindonesia
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed in Avissa suites June/July 2012 ok hotel but with some improvements that are needed. With respect to the other guests the rooms are comfy and on most days clean. When I checked in there is one girl at the front desk who is not a service oriented person, she has no clue about customer service, would agree with another reviewer about this. The room where I stayed was ok except for the dirty sheets and pillows, couldn't believe this, actual huge stains on the sheet, but when I pointed it out to the maid she changed it immediately.
The hotel is located on a side street which is a plus if you want to sleep in as there isn't much road noise, get a room towards the back of the hotel.
Also be careful of the price that they quote you, i was quoted a price per room before I arrived via e-mail but once I arrived was told that the rates had changed. typical bait and switch Indonesian tactics. However I did stay at the hotel.
TV has limited English channels and the gym is very small, no free weights, one running machine in poor condition and a bicycle that's from the 50's. Also a weight machine that's not pratical for serious gym users.

On all an average hotel with exceptional staff exccept for the one front desk girl. Close to the mall I walked most days and close to major streets. I took teh local bus many times but I am used to JKT so I can move around.

Room Tip: Towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bkk212
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The building is clean, modern and welcoming. As you'd expect for a serviced residence at this price, facilities are fairly limited, but it's generally a nice place to escape from the heat and chaos outside. Beds and pillows were comfortable, but I had some noise issues from being below the breakfast area - not bad enough to request a room change, but it woke me up on occasion. The staff were helpful whenever I needed something.

Avissa Suites is located in Jakarta's golden triangle, and the shopping and leisure facilities in Central and South Jakarta are easy enough to reach by Taxi as long as the roads aren't too busy. During the daytime, I found it was possible to walk through the back streets to the nearby Ambassador Mall, which gives you access to a food court, Carrefour etc. Otherwise the only places to go without transport are a few convenience stores and warungs.

Room Tip: If you're not planning to wake up early, avoid rooms 615, 617 and 619. The breakfast room is directly above, so for several hours starting at 6am you'll have to endure the sound of heavy chairs being scraped across a tile floor right above your head.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed in avissa suites with my mom and my sister. The room was big enough for 3 of us with 1 extra bed. The furnitures were all new and modern. I love the closet since i could fit many clothes inside. The bathroom was clean but a little bit crampy. Overall im pretty satisfied with this hotel. The only thing that bothers me was the window. I stayed on room 216 and the window's scenery was other rooms, which makes me have to shut the window for 3 days.

Room Tip: make sure to get a room with a proper scenery. Even if the scenery is bad, at least you will get the sunlight.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I may forget my anniversary date, I may forget my own name, but I will never forget what happened to us during our three night stay at Avissa Suites this past weekend. After staying at hundreds of nights in hotels in my life, Avissa will be memorable thorn in my buttocks.

We arrived at 4pm to check-in into our two rooms (there were four of us: two couples). Avissa is located centrally in Jakarta and looks like a fairly decent looking establishment from the outside. The first surprise: there was no electricity in the hotel. This is the first time I have experienced a hotel with no electricity. Their computers were off, the air was hot and stagnant (air-conditioning is a must in Jakarta), and the elevators were silent. We were told that we cannot check-in because their computers had no electricity. Have they not heard of back-up power? (batteries for their computers and diesel generators for the rest). We asked how long we'll have to wait. We were told "1 or more hours". Sweaty and tired, we crossed the street and went into the Circle-K (small convenience store). Our plans for the day were ruined (our plans called for us to shower and get ready during Jakarta's notorious rush-hour).

Upon entering Circle-K, we were bathed with cold air from the powerful air-conditioning. Circle-K, which is DIRECTLY across the street (a spit-throw away from Avissa), had electricity but this 7-story modern hotel (Avissa) did not! Surprising!

After the long wait, the electricity came back, and instead of being offered compensation and apologies (cheap and easy to do for a hotel), we were forced to ask for it. They upgraded our rooms to the suites (which, I believe are about $10 more than the rooms we paid for). We were happy about this. They said that they can't guarantee the suites for the remaining stay (we were staying a total of 3 nights). I checked on Avissa's website (their reservation system), and they had several suite rooms available. We assumed they had not been booked and we'd be good to go.

The next evening, while outside, we got a phone call at around midnight. The man on the phone identified himself as the manager of Avissa. He told us that they have taken the liberty to move all the belongings of one of the rooms into the other room! We were NEVER asked for permission. We were NEVER even warned! We were simply being called by a man that thought it was perfectly okay to move a customer's unpacked belongings from one room into another! We were livid with anger! Our toothbrushes, underwear, clothes, and shopping were mixed with our friend's (the other couple) in THEIR room! How embarrassing!

We arrived back at around 1 AM and were told that due to a previous booking, they had taken away one of our suite rooms! I immediately showed the man at the reception that Avissa had suite rooms available for booking on their website. He lied that the system takes months to update. In fact, the system is live and even shows how many rooms are available this very moment! Playing along with his lie, we asked him what he'd do if a customer booked on their website right now and they had no suite rooms available. He said that Avissa would purchase an equivalent room in another hotel nearby. Never in my life have I heard hotel staff lie to my face this way. The man simply refused to give us our room back, and we received no apology for our things to be moved without our permission! We were given a smaller room instead. So, at 2 AM in the morning, we entered our friend's room, sorted and packed our things and moved from their room to our new room. I booked this hotel for all of us, and I felt embarrassed to put them through this ordeal as well.

The next day, a giant cockroach appeared on the wall in our room. We called the reception. A guy showed up with bug spray. He spent about 15 minutes trying to actually find the cockroach (which, by now, had hidden). He didn't find the cockroach, so he left without spraying.

The toilets smelled like feces in both rooms. The air-conditioning was too dry in one room and not strong enough in the other room. We were only given single keys for each room (so my wife had to wake me up from my sleep after returning from breakfast, so I can open the door). This is, of course, to save electricity when guests aren't in the rooms.

Finally, on the last day, we were called by reception in our room. They demanded we pay the full cost for one of the rooms (which they had upgraded upon our arrival). Absurd! After all we have been through: the lack of electricity when we arrived, moving of all our things without our permission, and no apologies, they actually had the guts to ask for the extra $30. We were shocked and quite angry. Upon checking out, we explained how unethical and unprofessional their actions were. They decided to drop their demand for us to pay for the upgraded room.

This is the last time we will stay in Avissa. The only recommendation I can give to anybody traveling to Jakarta is to avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
14  Thank W13
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Modern,new,kindly stuff but poor breakfast. Clean ,frindly place
Near to central and good location but old and dirty street totality is good

• Stayed: March 2012