Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International)
US$121
US$115
US$145
Rasuna Icon Jakarta(Jakarta)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$178
US$158
US$150
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplaza indonesiabutler servicefloor to ceiling windowsbose sound systemfavorite musicspg platinumconnected directlyluxurious experienceindoor poollate checkdirect accessgrand hyattrain showerrooms are hugein room diningthe executive loungeworking desk
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Brand spanking new from what i saw, a lovely luxury hotel which is unique in many ways. The rooms are absolutely fabulous, toilet was wonderbar! and the bed comfort was super duper.

Breakfast was crazy with loads and loads of choice, the staff are beyind words and super frendly and helpful, this is a really quiete and realyl really nice hotel, completely enjoyed my stay here.

The lobby entrance is a little small for a hotel of this standing, and the gym, pool and eating locations are all packed into one floor - but the ambience if pretty fine nothing to complain really, once in the room it's absolute bliss.

Location is very central as well - staff are the best! one of the better stays i have had.

1  Thank Thivanka
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Thivanka

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, I think everyone at Keraton at The Plaza will join me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you.

We are happy to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the service delivered by our ambassadors.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and please let me know should your travel bring you to Jakarta as I would like to personally great and meet you.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

My experience at Keraton is that it is one of the best hotels I have stayed at and I stay at hotels around 100 nights a year. As others have mentioned, Keraton is a smaller hotel which in my opinion is exactly what I want from a hotel - I can't stand hotels where the lobby is like a railway station in Calcutta. The advantage of the Keraton being small is that guests really do receive personal treatment. A couple of examples: 1. When I first arrived at the hotel the concierge took me straight up to my room to check in and booked all my taxis for the next few days. 2. When I left I had a package that I had forgot to send by courier and the concierge handled it perfectly and billed me remotely. Another example is being greeted in the restaurant for breakfast by name and also given some thoughtful suggestions and helpings of the Indonesian dishes which I had little knowledge about. At a large hotel, no matter how luxurious, the sheer number of guests can sometimes simply get beyond the amount that staff can handle. So the small size of Keraton in my view is one of the key reasons for its success.

Other points I liked:
- Pool was refreshing and cool which was surprising since the air temperature was soaring on the day I took a dip
- I like to mix up health powders for drinks at night so I requested a spoon. To my surprise on the next day the cleaning service replaced my dirty spoon with a new one. It may sound like a small detail but in many hotels the cleaning staff simply take away the spoon which means I have to call again every night to get one which is bothersome.
- Location is truly convenient with three large shopping malls downstairs as well as a pleasant walk to the National Square and museum. I had appointments in the central city area and nothing took longer than 20 minutes to get to.
- I stayed in a Junior Suite which was huge and comfortable. Sweets and snacks changed daily
- Gym is a bit small with only a few weight machines; nevertheless there is a smith rack. A rowing machine would be a good addition.

In sum Keraton is a refined, exclusive and calming oasis in the midst of a hectic city. It is a relief to find a place where service is personal and respectful, and where dignity is restored to travelling.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear Vaxx,

We are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the hotel product, design and service.
I can assure you that your words will be passed on to everyone here. We are all very proud of the hotel and your comments serve as encouragement to us all.

With best regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2012

This must be one of the quietest luxury hotels in Jakarta. The entrance lobby is elegant and staff outnumber guests. All corridors are narrow, adding to the ambience of discreetness. If one is planning an illicit rendezvous, this must be the place!

The Deluxe King which I occupied is large and modern in design. The Wow factor is certainly there. The bedroom has a comfortable sitting area and a good working desk. The bathroom is beautifully designed.

One only realises that there are others staying in the property during breakfast at the Bengawan restaurant. I also had dinner there. Whilst the interior of the restaurant is in keeping with the modern discreet elegance of the rest of the hotel, the quality of the cuisine is average and below expectation to the surroundings and prices. Service by well uniformed staff is also below par. Management needs to invest in more time training them to understand requests and be more attentive

A major disappointment is the intermittent and slow wifi. Notwithstanding that its "free", Its not acceptable in a new hotel which is pricing itself at the top.

Yes, definitely worth a revisit, but if wifi service and restaurant staff do not improve, then unless one is planning a Mr & Mrs Smith, maybe not

Room Tip: Higher floor is preferred
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Siglo,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to put your comment under Trip Advisor.
We are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the hotel product and design.
I am concerned and deeply apologetic to know that the wireless connection in your room was very poor that has created an inconvenience. At the moment we are in the process to upgrading the internet connection thoroughly.
Your comments are taken very seriously and I assure you that remedial training and teaching will be given to our team members to further impeccable service in the restaurant.

Thank you once again for your comments, I look forward to hearing from you soon and please let me know should your travel bring you to Jakarta as I would like to personally meet and discuss with you areas that we could do better.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Honestly, we were going to stay at the Grand Hyatt next door but it was full so we tried this hotel and it turned out to be a truly pleasant surprised.

We were greeted by the concierge and checked in was fast and easy. We stayed on various floors and mine was on the 10th floor. It's contemporary, spacious and nicely decor. Bathroom is well equipped with all toiletries and is spacious with bathtub, shower and if you want sunlight, there's a panel which you can open and it's actually the back-wall of the king size bed (see pictures). The only comment is the rain shower is not a powerful enough. The work station has a small TV and Bose sound system to connect to your iPhone or iPod. The shades are all electronically controlled but at night the lighting is really nice. My colleague stayed at next door but unfortunately he had to change room because there was a crack at the window so the wind sound gets really loud and they needed to fix it.

The mini bar station is stocked with more than plenty of drinks, snacks and a Nespresso machine with capsules. The dining area is on the 7th floor. It's not a big area but It is more than sufficient and offers variety of local and international cuisines. The lobby bar is nice and quiet. I just read others' comment about it's far away and quiet but that's the beauty of this place in my opinion. It is nice and quiet but if you walk from the connected corridor, which takes about 1 minute, it will connect you to a massive shopping mall which have tons of local and international restaurants and top brands. After a day of madness at work and the traffic jamssss, we settled down with a drink at the lobby bar, it was the best!

All the staff were excellent and not overly attentive (sometimes butler can be bothering!). The Hotel Manager Ivan was always helpful and accommodating. So, all in all, I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JK926
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear J K,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to fill up this review.
We are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the service delivered by our ambassadors.
I regret to know that the rain shower in your room was not enough pressure that has created an inconvenience.
We would surely follow up on your comment as to believing that it is only making us close to an impeccable service for all our global explorers.

Again, thank you for your comment and I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long in the making as we are all looking forward to welcoming you home to Keraton at The Plaza.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Keraton a couple of months ago and being a Platinum SPG member, was treated to a very nice suite. As many of the guests had already mentioned, the hotel is a bit on the quiet side in terms of ambiance which some travelers may like while others find boring. There was quite a bit of renovation going on that went well into the night, so much so that it actually woke me up a couple of times. On the positive side the room was spacious and well appointed, staff was generally friendly, and the breakfast was excellent. So overall I had a nice stay.

My biggest issue with the hotel has stemmed from my (non) interactions with their sales/marketing function since my stay. I am in the process of planning my upcoming trip back to Jakarta next week and given the frequency of trips I have planned both for myself and my staff in the coming months, I thought I would find out what corporate rates they can offer. Easier said than done! I called the hotel and after asking to speak with their sales manager, was put on hold forever until I hung up. Then I sent an email to their hotel email address asking for corporate rate information and guess what, no reply either. I am not sure why a new hotel that is trying to drum up business would have such a glaring deficiency in its sales & marketing function. Needless to say for my trip next week I have made a booking at another nearby hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter H
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Peter H,

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to give your review upon your stay.
I regret to know that our Sales team hasn't got back to you that has created an inconvenience for your next trip.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable review, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for your returned stay with us.

Your sincerely,