Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International)
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Focus Hotel(Jakarta)
ANA Hotel(Jakarta)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsplaza indonesiabutler servicefloor to ceiling windowsbose sound systemfavorite musicspg platinumconnected directlyluxurious experienceindoor poollate checkdirect accessgrand hyattrain showerrooms are hugein room diningthe executive loungeworking desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Great hotel. The Keraton at the Plaza is tucked behind the Grand Hyatt Jakarta and linked to the Plaza Indonesia. It is an oasis of calm and tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of Jakarta’s busy streets.

While the securities conduct their routine security check on incoming vehicle, the concierge get hold of the guest’s info. Upon reaching the lobby entrance, the butler Mr. Ricky was readily awaiting for me, greeted me by name and escorted me to my room for the personalised check in.

The suite room was spacious with abundance of nature light through the floor to ceiling glass. It was beautifully appointed, intriguing blend of Indonesian and modern designs. Ricky briefed me on the room modern amenities.

The hotel itself was extremely quiet; as if I was the only hotel guest during my stay. You only realized they were other guests staying at the hotel during the morning breakfast. The restaurant served a rich selection of foods from local Indonesian cuisine to Japanese, western etc.
The fitness centre is well equipped. The indoor aquarium-type pool was too cold to swim as it never had a chance exposing to direct sunlight.

Hotel staffs were helpful and professional. They were on hand to fulfill your every need. Housekeeping did a good job too. Complimentary cookies were served during turn down every evening.

I had a peaceful and indulgent stay at the Keraton. Thank you everybody at the keraton especially Bapak Ricky for making my stay an enjoyable and memorable one.

Room Tip: Higher Floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Huat88,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, I think everyone at Keraton at The Plaza will join me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you.

I can assure you that your words will be passed on to everyone here especially to Ricky. We are all very proud of the hotel and your comments serve as encouragement to us all.

I hope that your next visit to us will not be too long in the making as we are all looking forward to welcoming you home to Keraton at The Plaza.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

As one enters the gated compound where this hotel is, one feels an air of exclusivity. This is of course, after the usual security check customarily done in Asian hotels. The lobby is smallish, but the Reception people are super nice and efficient. One is then escorted by an assigned butler to one's hotel room_ which is all of 61 square meters. The room we got had a view of the adjacent hotel's pool (as I requested a pool/garden view & our hotel's pool was at the 7the floor!). The butler lost no time in showing us around our room, & the use of the remote control for the automated blinds, the lights, including the push-button features of the toilet with heat, wash, etc.
My only "issue" with this system, though, is that one has to keep on wearing his eyeglasses so as to push the correct buttons! The room has a spacious comfy sofa, an excellent bed, enough lights, enough cabinet space, and a Nespresso machine with decaf and Nespresso pods, and tea. We just requested for more hangers, though_ and the butler then offered to unpack our luggage for us...but no, we were fine. One small thing I requested, however, a less fluffy additional pillow, was not available. But that wasn't a big deal. This hotel's service is just excellent, and I would recommend it!

Room Tip: Higher floors above the adjacent mall...maybe above 11th would be good, if facing the Hyatt. Our 20th floor room was even better, though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Joycee456,
Greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience with us on Trip Advisor.

It is pleasing to learn that our service and product have exceeded your expectation and that our team has taken care of you very well. Please allow us to share this message to our team for their acknowledgement and motivation of their hard effort.

Thank you for choosing Keraton at The Plaza and we look forward to your return visit soon

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I just came back from my family trip to jakarta. We stayed for 3 nights and took a connecting room (Junior suite connected to grand deluxe). First we came, the lobby was very nice, so calm, not so many people, and the butler took us directly to our rooms. The rooms was outstanding, it's spacious and has a modern ambiencem they have a high ceiling that make us feel comfy, they prepared us already with a tempur pillow as we requested before arrival, and also a baby crib and a baby chair. The bathroom was spacious, the bath tub was nice, the shower was excellent, and they also have a sophisticated toilet. The only problem was the wooden floor. In some area it felt that the floor wasn't install properly although with the wooden floor it's cleaner than using a carpet.
But we definitely have no regret about the room. We stayed in Grand kempinski about 2 years ago and found that keraton is better in terms of room

The bfast also one of the best bfast we have, as a starwood group, they also have some ala carte selection menu that we can order and also some buffet. Try the juice , the nasi goreng, bulgogi they all delicious. The staff was also very friendly and helpful

The pool btw, wasn't a typical for kids , the water is cold, and also not to excited for a kids, but once again i think this is jakarta that has a difference purpose rather than bali.

They have a connecting door to plaza indonesia which is so so so nice for us to shop and find some place to eat. The keraton lounge was also a nice place to try

We have to say that keraton is definitely a hotel that has it's own class, very recommended.

Hope that we can come back to this hotel soon

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MarinoSutedjo
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear MarinoSutedjo,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review, I think everyone at Keraton at The Plaza will join me in saying it was a pleasure to look after you and family.

We are enchanted to know that in most aspects you were gratified with the product and service delivered by our ambassadors. It is really pleasing and motivating for us to receive such compliment from our valued guests and we are glad that you are satisfied with every effort that we make here in Keraton at The Plaza

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Did not stay at this property but had lunch at the Cafe.
Had an excellent variety of all types of food and was also recommended items by the supervisor. service staff was excellent with attention to detail and efficient service.
Food was good though one of the dishes - the ribs - the meat was a bit tough. Other than that, the Nasi Goreng was top notch.
Will definately return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DTRM
IvanWidarmana, Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel (SPG by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear DTRM,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience on your recent dines in at Bengawan Restaurant on Trip Advisor.

We are in delight to learn that what we offered has exceeded your expectation and we appreciate your highlights regarding our team and facilities.

I regret to know that the ribs meat was a bit tough and your feedback already passed to our culinary team for the future improvement and quality check.

We would like to thank you for choosing to dine in at Keraton at The Plaza and we do hope that on your upcoming visit to Jakarta, you will stay with us and we would be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed at this fine 5 star hotel over a weekend on a business trip to Jakarta and was not disappointed at all. For the price you pay, you truly get the 5 star treatment and value for your buck.

As part of the Le Meridian group, SPG members can enjoy points earned from staying here.

Had a deluxe room and the room was not only extremely spacious but brand spanking new, well maintained and extremely comfortable.

Bed was excellent, firm and great for a good nights sleep whilst the pillows and just right. Air cond control was easy to use and the quality of the air cond was perfect.

Window blinds are controlled automatically by remote as is the toilet flush. Room comes with a bath tub which was a welcome addition along with the excellent shower as an alternative.

Mini bar is well stocked with what you would expect and room service is fast and efficient. I had a pasta and it was above my expectations in quality and taste.

Also had the pleasure of an in-room massage for 75 minutes and it was absolutely perfect with a good solid deep tissue back massage.

Staff was welcoming and went out of their way not only in their welcome but also in attending to my needs and requests.

Butler was very attentive and made an effort to go through everything about the room on arrival and was also good in ensuring he followed up on questions I had the next day.

Breakfast at the restaurant was nice..freshly squeezed orange juice and waffles...a great view of downtown Jakarta and then a BMW airport transfer to end the trip.

This hotel gets two thumbs up from me. Well above my expectations.

It is also attached to the Plaza Indonesia and EX mall. Lots of food outlets and boutique shopping and a cinema.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diving-Addiction00

Dear The_Rottweiler,
Greetings from Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience on your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

It is really pleasing and motivating for us to receive such compliment from our valued guests and we are happy that you are satisfied with every effort that we make here in Keraton at The Plaza.

Nothing is more satisfying for us to know that our entire team has taken care of you very well and leave you with such a wonderful impression.

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Keraton at The Plaza and we do hope that on your upcoming visit to Jakarta, we would be able to welcome you again.