“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel

Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #21 of 454 Hotels in Jakarta
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here twice and had wonderful experience twice.

The first stay was a month ago in a junior suite. There were a major problem and some smaller scale problems but they were resolved in a quite satisfactory manner. The room was surprisingly quiet as compared to rooms in mandarin oriental or grand hyatt. The bed was comfortable. The shower was most enjoyable. The automatic toilet was just ok as I have experienced better ones in hotel mulia and kempinsky grand indonesia; the odor in the toilet room was bad at times, mulia and kempinsky have automatic toilets too and they didn't have this problem. The amenities are wonderful. The internet connection was blazingly fast and stable.The breakfast was wonderful; there are quite a number of fresh made to order menu which tasted good and non generic. Everything from the fresh juices, danish, asian, eggs, and fruits was just perfect. Much better than grand hyatt's and kempinsky's. The location is strategic. The hotel is linked to plaza indonesia mall which is a huge convenience in terms of food and entertainment. The biz center was very representative and comfortable. Check in and out process was quick and effective. Oh, the define-your-own checkout time was a very nice touch.

The 2nd stay was just over the last weekend. This time I had my kids with me. Stayed in a grand deluxe room. The room was spacious and cozy. My wife and 2 sons had an enjoyable weekend. Breakfast was still wonderful and enjoyable. High tea was just unbelievably good. The friendliness and attention of the staffs were the best I have experienced. They were simply perfect, non invasive and yet still attentive whenever we needed them to be. Everything nice that I said before was still there. The only problem was the still the smell of the toilet room.

All in all, both of my stays had been enjoyable, productive, and simply amazing. My wife said a very true thing when I asked her opinion. She said Keraton made her feel at home. Its cozy, laid back, no feeling of being rushed at any time yet the service and quality of the staff was superb. We surely will be back here again, we heard the Saturday Sunday brunch is amazing...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Ferry K

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stays with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the calm, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you had a challenge during one stay but happy to hear that we resolved the challenges that you faced quickly and effeciently.

We are indeed now offering Brunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Please do let me know when you would like to try the Brunch on Saturday and I will be delighted to help you with your booking.

I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

What must to say when everything truly just fine here?
Good location, room is huge with lovely bathtub and even the bathroom.
Male front line staff is seriously helpful and passionate in service.
A very nice stay with my beloved one, definitely will keep coming back here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear 19Kay88

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good stay and enjoyed our Jaxon baths and helpfulness of our associates.

it is great to hear that you will be returning to us. Please do let me know when you plan on doing so and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking personally.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Keraton is really nice hotel. I will recommand my friend to stay over here.All the stuff are very friendly.
We are Happy stay in this hotel.I guest in the future, i will book at this Hotel.
Location was really efficient for shopping and find out all the restaurant.

Room Tip: I like high ceiling room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear UPSET0913

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were friendly.

Please let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assist you personally with your booking.

SG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

few days before the travel, you will be surprised to receive an email from the hotel - asking your preferences by "the butler" arriving the hotel, you will be welcomed with great facade :) not the common ordinary concrete barricade you see in most of Jakarta hotels. And I love the smell at the lobby :) ALL the staff are friendly, check in was fast and to top it all... THE HOTEL ROOM was by far the best I have ever seen in Asia Pacific. It was a surprise and a delight. Room is huge, very nice lay out, personalised stationary (w/ your name), very clean, and furnitures and fixtures are modern style. The bed is comfy and big. Service is perfect. I was looking for any flaws but I cannot find any. I will surely be back in Jakarta in a few months for all these business trips... Every trip to Jakarta, I have been changing hotels as I was always dissatisfied. But from now on, if I travel to Jakarta I will definitely be back to Keraton. Keep up the good work. KUDOS to the management and staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear mich a

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We aim to personalise a guests stay as much a possible and so it is pleasing to know that the service provided by the butler and the delivery of your personal prefences enhanced your enjoyment of the hotel.

Please do let me know when you return to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

Gurgaon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Keraton is supposed to be the top end hotels in Jakarta.
I stayed there during the month of July before shifting to a different hotel.

Overall the hotel is nice, with courteous staff and the place is a prime destination for travelling professionals.

Let me say what were the pain points for me.
- They lost two of my good shirts and took 3 weeks to come to a conclusion that it is lost and offer a solutions which was please buy and we will refund.
- The room had a foul smell which had something to do with the way toilets flush system were designed.
- Unavoidable but had to move when two EPL teams decided to take over the entire hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors. Some of my colleagues staying in rooms not facing Plaza Indonesia had prob...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear My_Lost_weekend

Thank you for your feedbacl on your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologise for the challenges that you faced with our alundry service and the flow follow up from the team to resolve your problem.

Our aim is to exceed our guest expectations at all times and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to do so. I have discussed this issue with the managers concerned to ensure that this is not repeated in future.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here, this time my daughter was with me and we were really well looked after by all the staff, the room was so beautiful and so big, with a fabulous view, the butlers were so helpful and so polite and courteous, but we must say a big thank you to Evan Burns for looking after us. My luggage didn't arrive from Singapore and he had his concierge organise everything for me to have it there first thing the next morning after arriving. He then organised a car for us to go to Ancol for the day and he made our stay such a memorable time. This would have to be the best hotel my daughter and I have ever stayed in, never had so much care taken to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear 481952

Thank you for your feedback on your second stay with us. I am delighted that you returned to stay with us and that Evan and the team delivered the levels of servce that you and your daughter would expect at a Luxury Collection Hotel and helped resolve the challenegs that you faced with your luggage.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

we really enjoyed the beuatiful weekend we spent in the Junior Suite there! it was really an experience to be remembered, everythig was perfect. in fact we were also allowed a very early check in at about 10.30 AM !!! and late check out at around 1.30 PM.

the room was huge, with very beautifully designed bathroom, and remote controlled curtain. the Food and cakes in both lounge and restaurant was very nice and there are huge varieties of menus available.

breakfast was superb, and i can say it was one of the best we ever had.

in short we really love it and hope we could come back again !!

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teddy S
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Teddy S

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Junior Suite and benefitted from the hotel policy of Your Own Time allowing you to check in as early as you wish and check out as late as you wish at no additional charge.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assist you personally with your booking.