“Absolute bliss n fantastic room with excellent service ”

Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #22 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
malaysia
“Absolute bliss n fantastic room with excellent service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The room is huge n comes with coffee capsule machine with milk in the fridge n lovely tea. The toilet is huge n the toilet seat is heated n similar to those in Japan.
There is a dressing area as well as a couch plus study table. Very big n comfy room. Only downside is the morning prayers from the nearby mosque. So don't be alarm when u get woken up at 4 -ish am. But I went back to sleep almost immediately as the bed n room is really comfortable. The front desk is fantastic n the breakfast was excellent too. I really love the 5-6 stars treatment. It is also linked to the huge Indonesia plaza mall so you don't need to get stuck in traffic getting around

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear misspiggy1969

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the room and the facilites that we offer.

Please let me know when you return to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Travelled for business to Jakarta and managed to stay at the Keraton at the Plaza. Nothing short of luxury from the moment you check in to the time you leave.

Let's talk about rooms. Rooms were huge, I was on the 22nd floor, and you had a great view of the buildings around. Bed was huge, comfortable and pillows were great. Bathroom was equally huge, had a big tub in the middle flanked by the shower area and toilet area. Amenities were sufficient and there's wifi everywhere you go, always great for business.

Dining was top-notch. For breakfast, not only do you have your usual buffet fanfare, I was delighted to have cooked on request items on the menu. Extensive range of items and chef was around asking guests how was the food - yes, during breakfast! At the lounge beside the lobby, drinks were great and you have complimentary snacks to go with your drinks. I believe they also do a cheese and wine supper for guests.

The gym was more than adequate. Three treadmills and more than 10 other machines to work the other parts of your body. Free weights were abundant and free towels and drinks at your convenience. I'm really happy with the great view that accompanied the treadmills and the presence of a personal trainer there to assist. Oh and gym's open 24/7.

Location was superb. Located right by the mall, the lack of dining options within the hotel was easily made up for by the numerous eateries in Plaza Indonesia. The hotel is connected to the mall and you can find almost everything there - from pharmacy to top end brands to cheap eats and fine dining. The french place (Bistro Baron) and another casual diner (Kitchenette) were the restaurants closest to the hotel and they serve up quite a good fare.

Finally, service. From the moment you step out of the taxi at the lobby, to the butler who comes and sends you your room-service, to the staff who checked you out, service was impeccable. Smiles all around and no one shy away from any request you may have. Shirts were pressed complimentary for you and mine were delivered right on the dot as I requested. Lauren the front-desk manager will make sure your stay is more than perfect.

Bottom line, even if the rooms were small, breakfast lousy and location terrible, stay here for the service. Truly representative of a Luxury Collection hotel and a top class hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear DavidT08

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had a good dtay with us.

It is rewarding for all of the team to hear that you liked some many aspects of the hotel and the service that you received.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The team tries very hard to make first time visitors as well as frequent guests feel at home. The hotel is well run, has some innovative customer service ideas (late check out, welcome pressing for 2 items in arrival free of charge, customised stationery with the guest's name...), and has well equiped and tasteful ( this is subjective of course ) rooms.
I can recommend without hesitation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear DXB_Mike

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stays with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy the personal touches that we provide to all of our guests.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next stay with us.

Best wishes

Travelling Aussie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Keraton, and I have to say, I loved my stay, with only one exception, that did disappoint me considering the quality of everything else.

Firstly the positives... The service was second to none! I help like a VIP from the moment I arrived, until I left a couple of days later! The location is brilliant to access restaurants and shops, as it is connected to Plaza Indonesia.

The rooms are magnificent, and even when I had a little leak from my A/C in the roof, it was fixed within 30 mins. The bathrooms in even their base level rooms need to be seen to be believed!

The only thing that stopped me rating this hotel a 5, was the pool area. For a hotel of this quality (and price!), the pool area is an embarrassment. I saw 4 different guests walk in, and scoff and walk out in the 30 mins I was there. The pool is shallow and indoors. It is also facing the restaurant as you enter the pool, so those eating breakfast can watch you start your swim. The pool was ice cold too! The final piece of disappointment came when I saw the 'residents' pools, they looked amazing.

I've stayed at the Kempinski which is located just across the road a few times, and Keraton beats this hotel in terms of service and room quality (and that is an achievement), but the pool (including a bar) and gym and much much better. If there was any way for guests to use the residents pool, this review might have been a lot better!

Will I stay there again, I'm sure I will, but I'll miss my morning swims, as swimming at the Keraton is not pleasurable at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear BensAdventures

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and felt like a VIP.

We aim to ensure that all of our guests feel this way and so are delighted that we delivered this expereince for you.

I am sorry that you did not find the pool up to the standards that you would expect. I ackowledge that as our 15m pool is indoors that it may not meet all guests needs.

Please do let me know when you plan to return and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is 100% classy end to end from the moment you arrive to when you leave. Every time I stayed they upgraded me to a corner suite with a private butler who will literally do ANYTHING for you. Everybody in the hotel knows your name. The corner suite is among the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in the world. The lobby is breathtaking in its simplicity, and the pool and gym are top notch. I recommend the Keraton to anybody coming to Jakarta!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Marc M

Thank you for your feedback on your rcent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had such an dnejoyable stay and that the butler delivered to your every need.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to us and I will be delighted to assist you with your reservation.

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here twice and had wonderful experience twice.

The first stay was a month ago in a junior suite. There were a major problem and some smaller scale problems but they were resolved in a quite satisfactory manner. The room was surprisingly quiet as compared to rooms in mandarin oriental or grand hyatt. The bed was comfortable. The shower was most enjoyable. The automatic toilet was just ok as I have experienced better ones in hotel mulia and kempinsky grand indonesia; the odor in the toilet room was bad at times, mulia and kempinsky have automatic toilets too and they didn't have this problem. The amenities are wonderful. The internet connection was blazingly fast and stable.The breakfast was wonderful; there are quite a number of fresh made to order menu which tasted good and non generic. Everything from the fresh juices, danish, asian, eggs, and fruits was just perfect. Much better than grand hyatt's and kempinsky's. The location is strategic. The hotel is linked to plaza indonesia mall which is a huge convenience in terms of food and entertainment. The biz center was very representative and comfortable. Check in and out process was quick and effective. Oh, the define-your-own checkout time was a very nice touch.

The 2nd stay was just over the last weekend. This time I had my kids with me. Stayed in a grand deluxe room. The room was spacious and cozy. My wife and 2 sons had an enjoyable weekend. Breakfast was still wonderful and enjoyable. High tea was just unbelievably good. The friendliness and attention of the staffs were the best I have experienced. They were simply perfect, non invasive and yet still attentive whenever we needed them to be. Everything nice that I said before was still there. The only problem was the still the smell of the toilet room.

All in all, both of my stays had been enjoyable, productive, and simply amazing. My wife said a very true thing when I asked her opinion. She said Keraton made her feel at home. Its cozy, laid back, no feeling of being rushed at any time yet the service and quality of the staff was superb. We surely will be back here again, we heard the Saturday Sunday brunch is amazing...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Ferry K

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stays with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed the calm, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you had a challenge during one stay but happy to hear that we resolved the challenges that you faced quickly and effeciently.

We are indeed now offering Brunch on both Saturday and Sunday. Please do let me know when you would like to try the Brunch on Saturday and I will be delighted to help you with your booking.

I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

What must to say when everything truly just fine here?
Good location, room is huge with lovely bathtub and even the bathroom.
Male front line staff is seriously helpful and passionate in service.
A very nice stay with my beloved one, definitely will keep coming back here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 19Kay88

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good stay and enjoyed our Jaxon baths and helpfulness of our associates.

it is great to hear that you will be returning to us. Please do let me know when you plan on doing so and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking personally.