“The Best Place For An Afternoon Tea in Town”

Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #22 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta
“The Best Place For An Afternoon Tea in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Greeted with a bunch of friendly smile upon arrival, great ambiance, and attentive service. Oh, we enjoyed the lounge very much; classical music, elegance interior, and fresh fragrance Casablanca Lily on the table.

When we were in the lounge, we had the GODIVA Luxury High Tea set: Classic & Chocolate Scones with Clotted Cream-Orange Marmalade-Lemon Curd & Raspberry Jam, Black Caviar on Russian Blinis, Brie Caramelized Pears & Honey in Multigrain Bread, Poached Shrimp & Avocado Tropical Ceviche, Strawberry-Mango-Cream Cheese Cabbage Roll, Poached Chicken Breast with Peanuts & Basil Wrap and... GODIVA pralines & hot chocolate for two, divine!

Room Tip: Have a High Tea or an Afternoon Tea set at the Keraton Lounge; a delightful experience! :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lady_Java
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Roro M

Thank you for your feedback on our afternoon tea. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.

I look forward to meeting you in person when you return.

Giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel is on the big roundabout opposite hotel Indonesia. It is connected via the shopping mall which you can still cut through even after closing if you tell the guard you are going to the hotel. Upon check-in I was greeted by my butler who took me to my room and through all of the rooms features and functions. If you complete the Butler pre-stay email before arriving he will arrange for drinks and snacks to match your taste. My friend did this option and I did not however I was still greeted in my room with a traditional drink some fruits and a pastry. The room was massive with two king size beds. The bathroom was also massive with a Japanese auto wash toilette. Trouble is unless you know how to use it, you may end up squirting water everywhere. There is a really deep free standing bath, with a stand next to it, if you would like to get a chilled bottle for your soak. A separate walk in shower with seat, and 3 shower heads, 1 on the wall, 1 on a hose, and one rain water. The only thing is there are so many taps and controls for it, that is took sometime to operate. The room faced the main road and the curtains were electronic going upwards two screens a light one and a dark one. The rooms were spotless, new looking and great design. My only issue is everything is state of the art but a little over complicated to use everything. I used the restaurant on the 7th floor for breakfast a buffet that was so amazing, as you would expect and so much more when it comes to variety. Ensure you get them to make your fresh juices. The hotel is good if you are working in Kuningan area as easy to get to. It is also very close to Skye bar and Social House which are popular places to go to eat or drink in the evenings.

Dear Dean291

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Please let me know if you plan on retunirng to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Keraton at The Plaza is probably the newest addition to Jakarta's luxury accommodations. Indeed, having the title and pride as the part of Starwood's Luxury Collection, my partner and me would definitely give 5* to this hotel.

Firstly, I didn't expect too much from this hotel, as usually city hotels are those boring and monotonous one. However, I was surprised when Sandro, the Front Office staff warmly greeted us at around 11 in the morning saying that our room will be ready in an hour. We were way too early that time, as the check-in time on my email confirmation says that it will be at 3 PM.
We then decided to have our lunch at neighborhood plaza, Plaza Indonesia, which is the most luxurious mall in Jakarta. It only took us a minute from the lobby to reach the Plaza.

It was like only 30 mins until my partner received a call saying that our room is ready. Sandro delivered us to our super spacious room located on level 8.
-The room is huge! I've been staying at some 5* hotels, but the most 'humble' room at Keraton probably has the same size as suite rooms at other hotels.
-The interiors are modern. Minimalist design & the bathroom is equipped with electronic bidet toilet. Bathroom amenities are from Remede Spa
- You can enjoy Jakarta's city view accompanied by your freshly brewed Nespresso coffee from the massive glass window at your room
- You can find your name printed on the complimentary envelopes or letters
- Staff delivered quick service. Butler is ready for you, they even have BB pin (as most Indonesians are using BB, so this is a plus point)
- and MOST importantly, we were too happy when we knew that we can check-out at whenever time before the clock strikes 12 AM (asked the Front Office staff and she said that this is applicable to all guests who are staying at Keraton, WOW)
- The hotel general area is not that huge though, but for me, it is the room that matters

However, some improvements can be made (although I didn't find it as something annoying)
- Noise at rooms could be minimized
- We were confused when we heard the bell rang - is it our room or our neighbors'?
- Found some tiny holes on the room's curtain
- Can deliver more details when delivering us to the room (how to use safety box, how to operate Nespresso machine, or where to find slippers and laundry bag). Although we know how to operate them and could find all the items by ourselves, but I think most guests will be amazed when your Ambassadors really pay attention to small details.
- The aircon keeps jumping back to 26-27 degrees after a while. I had to check and adjust the temperature several times.

And just wondering if the security officer didn't check anything when we accessed the hotel from Plaza Indonesia?

Overall, a very good hotel, great location, amazing room and service.
Will definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear christyalienardi

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you and your partner had such a good stay with us.

I apprecaite the feedback on the small details as this is certianly something that we should be delvering and we will work on this with the team.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The hotel prides itself on highly personalized service, which, on the whole, it delivers. As an example, staff noticed what I was drinking in the bar on my first evening and had one waiting from me in my room when I returned from work on the second. Another unique service touch is that all front-of-house staff including the very helpful GM are on BBM and Whatsapp and can be contacted over these messaging platforms pretty much any time you need them. It's a nice concept, though I have to confess I never actually needed to use it.

The hotel is very modern with large well-appointed rooms. The bathrooms are particularly impressive - among the most spectacular I've seen in a hotel. Decor in public spaces makes a nod to Indonesian heritage, but in spite of the name (Keraton means "palace" in Javanese) there is not a strong sense of locality overall. With the curtains drawn it wouldn't be hard to believe you were in Manhattan or any other large city. If I were the interior decorator, I would probably have done more in this respect.

For those guests concerned about privacy and security, the hotel is effectively in its own compound with high walls surrounding the ground floor. A discrete rear entrance takes you into the Plaza Indonesia for a broad array of shopping and dining choices. If there is a downside to this, it is that no-one has heard of the place even if they're familiar with the Plaza Indonesia, so if it's your first visit, you will have problems finding it and gaining access. Once you know the secret it's easy enough and the location couldn't be much more central.

Highly recommended overall.

Room Tip: Jakarta is a noisy town, and the hotel is very central. Soundproofing is good, but higher floors are...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear jhlatl

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the levels and privacy and personalised service that we strive to deliver for all of our guests.

It is rewarding for the team to receive such feedback.

Please let me know when you plan on returining to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel gave a great modern & luxury style. Perfect for business! But its perfect transit hotel as well as it's in the center of town where close to train station and decent distance to the airport. Since it's next to a shopping mall, very easy to find restaurants or shopping around it. Love it!

Stayed February 2014
Dear Rini F

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay.

Please let me know when you plan on retunirng and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We came here in a family trip and took 3 junior suites for 2 nights, it shouldn't be rates as high.

Goods:
Amazing views
Good concierge
Good restaurant

Bad:
•Out room wasn't ready when we arrived. Even though there several calls and emails to ensure it would. As a matter of fact it took them 2 hours.... Imagine with kids
•The shower room stunk of sewage pipes. We told them and even though they sent someone. I had to complain a few times for them to apologise and offer me another room.
•the junior suites were huge, cheap4* materials though (mirror everywhere)
•bed sheets were tired and overs used with small holes.
•Breakfast not recommended for Chinese ot Europeans (you could tell the cheeses had been there for way too long, the Brie did dry out and the Manchego was hard like a shoe. The bread was awful.

Won't come back to it, I like the hotels from the group and I am not that picky and tend not to review u less its outstanding or very disappointing.

Stayed February 2014
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Carlos G

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am concerned to hear of the challenges that you encountered during your stay with us. Our aim is to exceed our guests expectations at all times and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to do so.

The points that you rasied will certianly be discussed and addressed with the managers concerned to ensure that these concerns are not repeated as this is not the level of service that we normally offer to our guests.

If I can be of any assistance in the future then please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again for the feedback.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed at the Keraton for nearly 30 nights over the past 2 months. A few things to note about this hotel
1. Rooms are gynormous - the standard room is larger and more spacious than suites at many hotels. Think 600+ sq. ft.
2. Facilities are top of the line - bose speakers, 46 inch TV, Toto automatic toilet, Massive rain shower, full length windows, highest quality gym equipment
3. Great location
4. Top service

If your budget allows - go for it!

Dear preritjain1988

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you have had such good stays over the last couple of months. It is very rewarding for the team to receive this feedback.

Please do let me know when you plan to return and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.