“calming jewel in the center of a bustling Jakarta”

Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #25 of 456 Hotels in Jakarta
great neck n.y.
“calming jewel in the center of a bustling Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

After a long day in the bustling frenetic ,traffic crazy, city of Jakarta, this hotel is like stepping into a Zen retreat. Tucked away but attached to the main Plaza Mall in the city center is a hotel that is discrete, quiet and professional.All the staff are eager to please and know you by name within a few hours of arrival. The rooms are very large with huge marble bathrooms,double sinks, separate standing bath and room sized walk-in showers. All your needs and amenities are there and actual room sizes are impressively large . Towels were a disappointment though…… their bath sheets are similar in size to large hand towels and considering the luxury level of the hotel were a nuisance. The slick marble floors are really slippery and you need to take extra care if you are bare footed.

The bedroom is massive with electric shades and fluffy linens. There is only one restaurant which doubles for all meals decorated in the eclectic wooden style of many top class hotels in Jakarta,with a terrace if you want to eat outside. Food is excellent with a wide variety of Asian and western choices. There is also an lounge area off to the side of the main lobby that serves light food around dinner time if you need to eat but do not want to sit in the main restaurant.

The hotel oozes with calm, serenity and professionalism which you also expect as it is a Starwood member.

The high level Mall is a few steps from the lobby of the hotel and makes it easy if you decide to go shopping.

Room Tip: rooms facing the back of the hotel are noisy from the Prayer calls that start each morning very earl...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear michael c

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like the quality of our offering and service in both the rooms and restaurants and bars.

I will certianly follow up on your comment about the towels.

Please let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Spend a night in Keraton and must admit I was very impressed. I spend ~100 nights a year in hotels, and this was the first luxury hotel that all the things right. Fantastic large rooms, friendly staff, stylish bath & shower. Very well done. But what impressed me most was that they had all the small things right e.g., one button to shut of all lights (how many times did I have to run around a room to kill the light) but many many more, it all felt natural
Great breakfast, fast services (like getting your coffee served in under a minute instead of waiting 5), personalized stationary ... overall fantastic experience

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Ferry G

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that we got all of the things right. The team spent a considerable amount of time focusing on the small items that make the difference and it is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed these.

Please let me know when you plan on returning to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Keraton at the Plaza provide us with a great hospitality during our stay. The room was spacious, clean and modern. Staff also very helpful in many ways. However, we also face a bit of small problems during our stay at the hotel.

At the time of check in, we were supposed to wait more than 15 minutes. It is pretty funny since i already emailed and communicate with the hotel which confirmed our arrival time. But the room isn't ready even i arrived on scheduled time.

The fact that there is flexible check out time is absolutely amazing, i think i found this is the first hotel that allow me to check out even until 6pm, i am not sure whether this policy still apply in peak season.

Swimming pool is pretty small and very cold. Breakfast also have only small and limited choice.

But overall, i will rate this stay as very good. Will definitely come back again in the future.

Stay in : March 2nd, 2014 - March 3rd, 2014
Occasion : For my daughter birthday gift

Room Tip: If they ask for extra money for breakfast, don't bother it. Connected shopping mall always have...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear RonaldHalim

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I hope that your daughter enjoyed her birthday.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and liked the flexible check in and check out time. This is something that we offer all of our guests all year round. I am sorry that there was a slight delay on your early arrival with the room being ready.

I will certianly review the breakfast offering with our chef to see howe can continue to improve what we offer.

Please let me know when you plan to return and I will be delighted to help you with your booking again.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights for our business/leisure trip in Jakarta.
The hotel location is perfect to explore this busy city. The hotel lobby provides you with serene and tranquil atmosphere for your relaxation, and Plaza Indonesia (which is less than 30 steps away from the lifts) will satisfy your retail therapy needs.

The room is big with floor to ceiling windows and automated curtains. Bed is very plush with 4 oversized pillow for your sleep. The amenities were excellent (nespresso, spa grade shampoo/body soap, complete working desk). However, the room has thin walls and I could hear the next door sound system going off late in the night. But it was dealt quickly once I called the reception.

Breakfast was one of the best, the restaurant serves you with choice of ala carte and/or buffet breakfast with free flow smoothies. The smoothies are all delicious.

The only bad side is the hotel is on the expensive side compared to other 5 stars hotels in the area but worth your money.
I would stay in this hotel again for sure if I go to this area. (Bundaran HI/Thamrin)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JL_epicurean
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear JL_epicurean

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We know how important it is to start the day the right way and so it is great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast choices that we offer to allow our guests to do this.

Please let me know when you plan on retuning to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

West Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I want to thank the Keraton staff for being so incredibly kind and helpful. While I was sick with the flu on a business trip to Jakarta your team went above and beyond to make me feel better by bringing me chicken noodle soup & tea, going to the pharmacy, and calling to check on me. Thank you for your attention to detail and caring. I sincerely appreciate your incredible service. This is the nicest hotel with the best service that I've ever had the pleasure of staying in! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ear2earsmile
Dear ear2earsmile

Thank you for your feedback. I hope that you are now fully recovered.

I am delighted to hear that the team looked after you so well while you were sick, your comments are very much appreciated.

We understand how challenging it is to be sick when you are away from home and I am delighted that the team could make this a little easier for you.

Please do let me know when you plan on returning to Jakart and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Greeted with a bunch of friendly smile upon arrival, great ambiance, and attentive service. Oh, we enjoyed the lounge very much; classical music, elegance interior, and fresh fragrance Casablanca Lily on the table.

When we were in the lounge, we had the GODIVA Luxury High Tea set: Classic & Chocolate Scones with Clotted Cream-Orange Marmalade-Lemon Curd & Raspberry Jam, Black Caviar on Russian Blinis, Brie Caramelized Pears & Honey in Multigrain Bread, Poached Shrimp & Avocado Tropical Ceviche, Strawberry-Mango-Cream Cheese Cabbage Roll, Poached Chicken Breast with Peanuts & Basil Wrap and... GODIVA pralines & hot chocolate for two, divine!

Room Tip: Have a High Tea or an Afternoon Tea set at the Keraton Lounge; a delightful experience! :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lady_Java
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Roro M

Thank you for your feedback on our afternoon tea. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.

I look forward to meeting you in person when you return.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel is on the big roundabout opposite hotel Indonesia. It is connected via the shopping mall which you can still cut through even after closing if you tell the guard you are going to the hotel. Upon check-in I was greeted by my butler who took me to my room and through all of the rooms features and functions. If you complete the Butler pre-stay email before arriving he will arrange for drinks and snacks to match your taste. My friend did this option and I did not however I was still greeted in my room with a traditional drink some fruits and a pastry. The room was massive with two king size beds. The bathroom was also massive with a Japanese auto wash toilette. Trouble is unless you know how to use it, you may end up squirting water everywhere. There is a really deep free standing bath, with a stand next to it, if you would like to get a chilled bottle for your soak. A separate walk in shower with seat, and 3 shower heads, 1 on the wall, 1 on a hose, and one rain water. The only thing is there are so many taps and controls for it, that is took sometime to operate. The room faced the main road and the curtains were electronic going upwards two screens a light one and a dark one. The rooms were spotless, new looking and great design. My only issue is everything is state of the art but a little over complicated to use everything. I used the restaurant on the 7th floor for breakfast a buffet that was so amazing, as you would expect and so much more when it comes to variety. Ensure you get them to make your fresh juices. The hotel is good if you are working in Kuningan area as easy to get to. It is also very close to Skye bar and Social House which are popular places to go to eat or drink in the evenings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dean291

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Please let me know if you plan on retunirng to Jakarta and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.