Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel
“It's Ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stay at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Jakarta
Jl. MH. Thamrin Kav. 15, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia on 06/08/2014 to 06/09/2014
The hotel location is beside Grand Hyatt Jakarta and adjacent to the opulent shops of Plaza Indonesia.
The Hotel building, Service provided, room are fantastic but the room floor was very squeaky and uneven or rather bumpy.
SPG Recognition is not good, i don't have any room upgrade like another SPG property as gold member.

1 Thank AlbertSiauw
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Albertusguntur

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed the service that we provided.

I am sorry that you did not feel that the room you received was an enhanced room for an SPG Gold member. We work to put all of our SPG Gold members subject to availability into our largest Grand Deluxe rooms which at 64 sq meters, as oposed to our regular Grand Deluxe rooms at 62 sq meters.

We will certianly ensure that for any future stays that you are given one of these rooms.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Giles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

You couldn't help to guess this was going to be a luxurious experience when you booked...but after you checked in, you found all of these...
the hotel floor was very squeaky and uneven or rather bumpy ( it wasn't done right..).you could even hear your neighbour's walking.
Air conditioning was not working properly...sometimes it got too cold then it turned hot....
Room reservation/assignment was a joke, we got a confirmation of our booking (we booked for 2 rooms -connecting), and we checked in 4:30pm, they said the connecting room was still unavailable....
I guess the only thing that was ok, was their breakfast...
The name of luxury is certainly not appropriate for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bunnymouse
Dear bunnymouse

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am concerned to hear of the challenegs you gfaced with reagdrs to the maintenance in your room and that your rooms were not ready upon arrival.

Our aim is to exceed out guests expectations at all times and I am sorry that on this occasion we have failed to do so.

I have already discussed this with our engeering and front office teams to ensure that this is not repeated and the room that you stays in are fully checked.

Please do let me know if you plan on returning to Jakart and I will be ahppy to personally assit you and ensure that you receive the expereince that you would expect from a Luxury Collection hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

It has been 3-4 years since I last visited Jakarta and I was surprised to find a new SPG property in Jakarta which it close to my office. Great!

The guest room is spacious with good toilet amenities. I like the design/layout of guest room and was pleasantly surprised to see Keraton envelopes, name cards and memo pads with my name printed on it.

The staff was warm and polite; making you feel really welcome to the hotel. There was even chocolates sent to the room when I arrived - nice touch. Every night there will be some snacks prepared as well; nice thought.

At one look on the map, it might feel out of the way but there is a connection to the Plaza Indonesia so it is very convenient for shopping and dining - no worries about bad weather.

Only downside is the food in the lounge at 7th floor needs to be improved. It serves almost the same dishes every morning and the selection is quite limited. As a miso soup fan, I have informed the staff that it is not good tasting at all.

Overall, good experience and enjoyed my stay.

Thanks Keraton.

Room Tip: As it is a hotel and service apartment, there are more lifts going downstairs and only 2 lifts going...
7 Thank VictorLME
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear VictorLME

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that overlal you had an enjoyable stay with us and like the personalised touches that we provide to our guests.

I will certianly discuss your feedback on breakfast with our chef to ensure that the rotation of food items at breakfsat is improved.

Please let me know when you plan to return and I will be delighted to assist you with your booking.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

One word to describe the Keraton in Jakarta - fantastic!

First and foremost, the staff went above and beyond to assist with your every need. For example, I unfortunately lost my passport in the taxi on the way from the airport to the hotel. A special mention must go out to Tedy Armandani (the concierge) who quite unbelievably was able to retrieve it. I cannot thank Tedy enough.

The hotel room was also one of the best I've stayed in and excellent value for the money. It's also a great location in terms of getting around the city, which can be difficult at times.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're ever in Jakarta.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Sam S

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel fantastic and that Teddy and the team gave you such good service.

Please let me know when you plan on returning and I will be delighted to assit you with your booking.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great service provided by the butler. The room was big and spacious. What surprised me was the memos they provided with my name on it. These are the personal touch that I received from the hotel. The staff were friendly too.

Shopping area near by, easy to access and I feel safe too.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JoyceAw40
Giles S, General Manager at Keraton at The Plaza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear JoyceAw40

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the personal levels of service that the butler team provided you during your stay and that you found the staff friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

this is our 3rd stay in the Junior Suite and still as good as before, every thing was well executed by the Management Team, and we are allowed to have early check-in and check-out anytime we could have wished for....

Thank You for the good work, and looking forward to our next stay.....

Room Tip: Junior Suite.... 3 times and still no flaws
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Teddy S

Thank you for staying with us again. It is great to hear that we are still delivering the standards that you would expect and that you like our 'Your Own Time' check in and check out policy.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had the great pleasure to stay at the Keraton Hotel at the Plaza, Jakarta.

Few hotels in the world have service like this one. Human resources deserve an A+ for hiring 100% service oriented employees. The butler concept is ingrained, whether at the spa, the gym, the restaurant, the front desk, the lobby lounge, by room service, and by the porters. Unfortunately, this review will leave out some of what makes this hotel magnificent, but it will try to highlight some people and experiences that stand out.

Starting from the beginning, the airport "meet and greet" was flawless.

Check in was a pleasure, whether in the lobby or at the room. Rita introduced me to the 21st century room which truly awes: ceilings may be 30 feet high, with windows that look like IMAX. The room is so advanced and sleek, Steve Jobs would approve. The bathroom has Listerine and a scale that Star Trek could use. Rita was the highlight, she was warm, inviting, engaging, and seemed genuinely eager to welcome and introduce the room to me. Two nights later, even though I had declined turn down service, she returned to bring me an amenity.

I went to the gym, and whilst working out, Yusuf introduced himself. We chatted and he strongly recommended that I stretch when finished and offered to assist - which he did brilliantly. He was not passive like most gym trainers and attendants, but actively trying to add value to the user.

I had a massage treatment at the spa, which has the most differentiated menu of choices, with almost all massages lasting more than 90 minutes, which makes sense. Fini was my therapist. She has great touch and technique and shows discretion. The developers of the massage that I chose should balance more work on the front of the legs to compare to the time on the back. Otherwise, it was a treatment that the master spa man Sofyan Kadarisman would appreciate.

Lauren Massa, Front Desk Manager, cares a lot for her colleagues and guests. She heard that I was looking for a store in the Plaza Indonesia mall and offered to escort me there. Later, she emailed me information that I had requested and asked if I had found for what I was looking. On departing, she and her colleagues provided me with a gift that was aligned with my purchasing. When a manager acts as she does, it is no surprise that everyone else who aspires to manager acts similarly. She embodies the Keraton culture.

In general, many staff knew my name. They tried to help me before I knew that I needed assistance. Generally, I felt at home.

I have spent 1700 nights in at least 200 hotels in more than 100 cities in the last 17 years, across 6 continents, covering all of the major and many minor chains. Only one hotel, care of Pierre Perusset, also in Jakarta, during 2006-2010 was far better than any other, being superior in every category. Since 2010, I have sought something close to that. I have had only one stay at The Keraton, but this place may be it.

Dear EDS71

Thank you for your feedback on your recebt stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good stay and that the team looked after you so well.\

It is rewarding for all of us to receive this feedback from you.

Please let me know when you plan to return and i will be delighted to assist you personally with your booking.