“A Strategically-Located-Place-To-Lay-Your-Head in the Majapahitan City of Jakarta, Indonesia”
Review of Rumah Shinta

Rumah Shinta
Ranked #15 of 342 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My trip to the Majapahitan-city of Jakarta on 11 October 2013 was totally Majapahitan, i.e. everything was well organized. I arrived in the Sukaerno Hatta Airport from Bandar Lampung of Sumatera approximately at 9pm on 11 October 2013. I got on a cab, and headed straight to the hotel, which was 24.3 km away. The route taken by the cab driver had a couple of tolls totaling to about Rp15000. After a 25-minutes-drive we finally arrived at Hotel Rumah Shinta, Jalan Mangga Dua Raya 41, Pinangsia, North Jakarta. The hotel phone number is 0062216905566, and website is http://www.rumahshinta.com/. The hotel is placed right in the middle of the city, i.e. Pusat Kota, and nearby the boarder line between Jakarta Barat and Jakarta Utara. At the check-in counter, I gathered info that the hotel is open for 24 hours, has a lift service for all four floors of the hotel, has a couple of 24-hours-shops nearby and has the Kota Railway station 80 meters away to the right of the hotel. The hotel staff were all smiles troughout my stay there. I left back to Malaysia on 13 October 2013. I'll be sure to return to this hotel on my next trip to the Majapahitan-city of Jakarta .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank mr_deven

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Hotel was Clean, and budget hotel, the room was so very small same as the toilet, but make me amazed on this hotel was they always clean the room every day, and staff was very friendly and accommodating, I booked a single Room and included already breakfast from 7am to 9am there is only one dishes there local food, and also got break, tea and coffee, the restaurant was on the second floor, super clean but still small but that still fine, the location was near in the shopping centre, Mangga Dua Mall, ITC Mall, walking distance only from hotel, but always traffic jam and over crowded, specially when 7am and 5pm, the hotel also near in the Historical Museum, that make me wow on this trip, and also to the famous restaurant the Cafe Batavia and Rumah Shinta Staff recommend me to try here, that was 100% very awesome. but the worst part got a 3 hours no electric no generator and no one from the staff inform us, and my room was only use by Elevator no stair, so no one can go down on the lobby, The next morning I ask the Staff on duty for explanation why like that happen? but they also on please to sorry because there generator was down also. and also sock because they charge me already on my card for 1 night, even they know already that I'm coming and confirmed the booking, and only I discovered when my back give me a call, I ask them a explanation why never Inform me, they just say they email me already but, I never received that they will charge me overnight for not yet arrived. Small Room and Clean Friendly staff there are Positive and Negative on there service but make me wow in other side.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kharlj_21
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Our flight was delayed by 8 hours. Instead of arriving at 7pm, arrived at 3am at T3 CGK. Made a call to inform about the delay and was advised that room is ready and someone will be at the reception for check-in. We stayed in family room for 4 (3 person group). 1 bed was queen size and the other bed was supersingle size. So for 4 adults would be better to take 2 rooms instead of family room. Toilet was clean but upon entering the small room, the smell of moth balls was really overpowering. Had to open the room door for a bit and switch the toilet ventilation on. Pillows were ok. For any additional request of towel/pillow there are extra charges. Breakfast is simple 1 dish with option of toast. For the price of the room, it was good enough.
Location wise, our cab driver wasn't sure but its really close to Pasar Pagi/ ITC mangga dua. From the airport, going to manngga dua pasar pagi you have to make a u-turn after mangga dua mall. This is located just after the u-turn next to the IndoMaret/alpha convenient store. If you're planning to go to Bandung you can make bookings for the train tix at the Indomaret. There is also cipaganti pick up to Bandung nearby at wtc mangga dua. Overall this guesthouse is value for money. But its located just outside of Central Jakarta but lots of taxis pass by so getting anywhere is not that hard.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I love this hotel.Not just because of its great location near to these 3 malls:ITC Mangga Dua,WTC Mangga Dua& Mangga Dua Square,but the staff is very helpful and the hotel is clean. The breakfast was nice and delicious with beautiful dining room and wifi is great. Food and transportation is also easily accessible with hawkers nearby and frequent busway,bajaj(tricycle),taxi etc.Comes with elevator, I think the price is reasonable with its small room. However surprisingly, we need to pay deposit and luckily they accepted credit card & returned the deposit in cash. We spent first day shopping in Tanah Abang.The shopping experience is fantastic due to its cheap price and wide variety of design.But careful, you might get lost there. On second day,we went to Ancol Theme Park which is 10 minutes from the hotel and enjoyed our moment in Atlantis Water Adventure,Sea World,Ocean Dream Samudera & Cable Car but were afraid to go to Dufan seeing its roller coaster and free-fall ride . We also spent the night in ITC Mangga Dua but lots of shops already closed. There is souvenir area near to the hotel which we were unable to go due to limited time. Overall, it is really satisfying to be there

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Siti A
Reviewed 22 May 2013

From here you can walk to the old city. Also easy to get the train (kota) and take the bus (almost in front of the door. The bus works like metro in Paris. Ask the map!!!
Rooms can be very small, but all you need is there!
Good breakfast, friendly people. Inside is better then outside....
There is an elevator, so even the higher floors are ok and easy to get there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gerard M
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Rumah Shinta is one of the most affordable hostels in Jakarta yet quality is not sacrificed. I got a single room which, although really small, had all the basic stuff that i needed. Breakfast and the dining area were fantastic! Staff were really helpful and approachable. They helped me especially with directions. Location was good. It's a short walk to the nearest bus shelter and since it is located along the highway, getting a taxi or a tuktuk was not a problem. I wish wifi reached the rooms though so that I didn't have to go near the dining area to browse the net. Also, I wish there were other English channels on the cable tv.Single room amenities: A/C, cable tv, H/C shower and bidet, towel, toiletries, breakfast, unlimited mineral water, safety deposit box, foldable desk

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank emirsicangco
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Nice hotel. My friend and I had stayed in this hotel for only one night yet it was a memorable time for us. We had a late checked in around 9pm. The room is small but it was very comfortable for us. The staff were very helpful and very friendly as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends