“Great lunch”

Negev Gastronomy & Art
Ranked #949 of 7,684 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Design, Art, Music, Wine and Cuisine, NEGEV puts luxury into everything. Euphoria to all of one's senses in a stunning venue where the guests can escape the intensity of Jakarta.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was taken here for lunch by a colleague, whilst working in the office building next door. I ended up coming back another 2 times during my short stay in Jakarta. The pizza was great, the pasta plentiful and the grilled chicken fantastic. Definitely worth a visit, or three.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank turbozmr2

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
HCMC
“It was not only the restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The ambience of this restaurant was nice, good lighting for dinner, great atmosphere for lunch.
My family came here several times and very liked spaghetti, but I thinked the most special dish was homemade bread. We were always received the highest satisfaction when came here.
A huge restaurant with the great quality of service.
We will go back there every time we are in Jakarta.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank marcus_huu555
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Service is very poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went there the other night, the place looks nice, but food really isnt up to scratch.
service was really terrible. my opinion, they are to involved in the look of the place, rather than service quality food. dont be fooled by pictures.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank taj b
NEGEVRestaurant, Manager at Negev Gastronomy & Art, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Mr Taj,

Thank you for your recent visit to NEGEV. We are delighted to have feedback from you. We also thank you for giving your valuable time to give us your feedback both in Negev and on Tripadvisor.

With regards to our service and food quality, we do apologize for your experience when dining with us. We will certainly take it as a valuable feedback in order for us to make further improvement.

Should you need any further assistance for your next booking please do not hesitate to contact us at +622152971333 or email us at marketing@negevresto.com.

Once again, we appreciate your time and inputs, and look forward to welcoming you back in NEGEV soon.

Warmest Regards

Komang Sumerta
Negev Art Dining and Gallery Bar
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Awe-inspiring style and interior, but bad food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I went here in a large group as a part of an office lunch. We all adored the interior styling of the restaurant; beautiful paintings and pictures, bronze statues, very classy reliefs on walls, etc. All paired with the lighting of the place, which makes the ambiance so perfect.

But the food we ordered tasted either bland or strange. I ordered ravioli, which practically everyone on the table who tasted it felt it was way too sour and salty for their liking. The thin-crusted pizza did not taste different from that of other much cheaper restaurants; there was no surprise about the cheese or meat or anything. Other pasta I tasted, penne & spaghetti (can't pinpoint the exact menu name), also tasted so-so. The salads were not generous at all, with small portions and its taste here and there. Compared to the price offered for these menus, they're completely not worth it.

We ordered several drinks as well, which I thought had the ingredients poorly blended; they just felt like they don't go well with one another.

The desserts were quite nice, but again not too special. I ordered a creme brulee which has ginger in it, and we were quite divided about whether that pint of ginger belong there. The ice cream sorbets were excellent though.

Negev's service is very good and welcoming. It certainly presents itself and services its guests like a semi fine dining restaurants is supposed to. But with the mediocre main menus, I find it difficult to recommend this place. Maybe only when you want to have a drink or two during the evening, as it offers a very heartwarming ambiance. But not much more.

The drinks

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MPandu
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food with great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I know this place from my colleague, and he was right! The atmosphere of this place is the best one.. I really like the atmosphere of this restaurant.. Really nice place for lunch or dinner.. The food is amazing.. The staff is nice but a little bit talkative.. But nothing to complain.. Love it!

• Visited December 2012