“Excellent rooms and great hotel”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #31 of 470 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It was an absolute joy staying in the Intercontinental Jakarta at Midplaza for only two days! My room was elegant, beautiful and laid out in such a practical layout which help me remain organized during my stay. Loved the bathroom! The breakfast was wonderful, with a variety of my favorite foods. I will never forget my trip to Indonesia because of the highlight of staying in your luxurious hotel! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ICJkt, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza, we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to your liking.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Prissilia Pangemanan
Director of Public Relations

Reviewed 30 January 2012

For over 5 years I have been staying in Intercontinental Jakarta at Midplaza, and quality has been relatively constant. Good news, because it gives business travellers assurance. Friendly staff (sometimes a bit slow, but just to ensure the guest is well-treated) willing to accommodate your wishes. Very helpful people and professionals who can get you anywhere in Jakarta conveniently for business travels etc.

From the hotel one has good access to the small shops and restaurants in the basement at Midplaza. One of my favorite places for manicure/pedicure is Blossomnails at Shop #21, small and very friendly people giving you a great treatment for a very low price. Next door is a very handy small supermarket.

Easy to reach the Central Business District, Bursa Effek Indonesia and many other HQ buildings. Good taxi services.

Love the Club Rooms and the Club area; truly VIP-characteristics and check-in desk.

Room Tip: Book standard rooms as they are good enough. Upon arrival, if available get yourself upgraded to the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AtemRSingh

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback and your continuous patronage towards our hotel. We are glad that you found our staff friendly.

It is certainly one of our hotel strength that the hotel is conveniently located within the pulse of the city’s thriving central business, commercial district and in close proximity to an array of entertainment possibilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again in InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza.

Best regards,

Prissilia Pangemanan
Director of Public Relations

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed 3 nights for work.
I was upgraded to a small suite and took the business package with access to the bar and business services on the top floor. That made my stay wonderful as I felt comfortable enjoying the drinks by myself of an evening.
Staff in general was nice and professional
I went to the spa for a massage which has a very nice environment and staff was quite professional even though it was a bit costly for Indonesia.
The only negative point was the service at the reception was slow, a bit rude and no attention is paid to the clients. The stay ended on a sour note when I called for help to bring down my suitcases as I was checking out and no one came though I called twice ...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Eddy Suryadi H, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Nathaliejane99,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We are glad that you found our staff nice and professional.

We are perturbed to hear that our reception was slow, rude and paid no attention to guest as well as no one had assisted you to bring down your suitcase upon check out. We sincerely apologize for this and will ensure that our staff will be more attentive for guest’s request to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you once again for your stay and for sharing your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed here for business trip twice in sept and nov 2011. The rooms are spacious especially the bathroom. Great selection of food at breakfast as well. Staff are helpful and service is prompt. Tried the massage at the hotel spa and feel that it's not worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Cloverleaves,

Thank you for your positive review on our hotel. We are pleased that you found everything to your liking and we certainly hope that InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza will be your preferred choice for accommodation on your return trips to Jakarta.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

1. I tried to use the Complimentary Night Certificate, and was told by the rep (Ms. Nita) that the certificate can only be used on the weekends. It doesn't say that in the voucher, in fact it says "valid on any day subject to availability. How can you change the terms of usage while a customer has already purchased? How can you change ANY DAY to WEEKENDS?
If I knew the voucher can only be used on weekends, I wouldn't buy it!

2. Using the Celebratory Cake Certificate, Ms. Nita said to me the total restaurant bill must be minimum IDR 250.000. The two vouchers only says "2 or more people dining together and standard dining benefit can be used".
Where does it says total minimum bill is required?
What if I dine with another person, for lunch for instance, and the total bill is less than 250.000, you will not honour that certificate?

I tried to book a room yesterday for next month, originally my plan was for Feb 14th or Feb 28th (Tuesday), and was being told that the certificate is only good for weekends.
Since I didn't want to argue more, I made the booking for Feb 18th, which is still almost a month from now. No public holidays, no big event in Jakarta, so hotel occupancy must not be as high as public holidays. After waiting for a day after I made the reservation, still no news so I called the rep again (Ms. Nita). She said it's still on WAITING LIST? She will contact me on Monday. Does it really need like 5 days to get a booking confirmation in this day and age?

What is going on here? I have several hotel membership, and frankly this PP is the worst I should say. Other hotels can decide whether a room is available or not instantly, a customer doesn't not need DAYS to wait for the confirmation. Other hotels also honour what they write in the membership kit, they don't just change the rules in the middle of the membership duration?

I will post this complaint in the media, so other people will not buy this membership because I don't see any real benefit of it. I felt being ripped off.
I just don't like the way you sell something, but the terms are misleading.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank AndreasOei
Eddy Suryadi H, Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear AndreasOei,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the incident and problem you have encountered in our hotel. We are sorry that you have had some problems with Priority Privilege and that this programme has not met your expectations.

We would like to point out that Priority Privilege is not a room booking programme but a Food and Beverage loyalty card that enjoys additional benefits. We do attempt to ensure that we deliver on the additional benefits that go with being a member including complimentary room nights, however we would point out that the voucher clearly states that use of this is subject to availability. Given the business levels in Jakarta at the current time we are not able to provide complimentary rooms at all times however we do our best to ensure that we accommodate as many of our Priority Privilege customers as possible.

We apologize that you were misinformed in regards on the usage of the Celebratory Cake Certificate. We would like to clarify that the Celebratory Cake Certificate is valid to the bearer when 2 or more people dine.

Once again I would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

5 day business stay and used the business's centre downstairs, very good but they need the projectors to be on the ceiling rather than a table.

Room comfortable without being exciting

Bed absolutely superb.
Food good all round with good choice for all cuisines !Bachus bar warm and inviting colleagues top drawer

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear PhilipDorrell,

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Old style hotel but lovely rooms and good restaurants. Gym is not great but ok for short trip.
Its in good location with nearby malls. Has a nice spa and lobby area

Room Tip: All rooms very nice
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo