“Excellent hotel and staff”

AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA
Ranked #39 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel and staff”
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We arrived at 3am with 2 young children and found the staff to be extremely helpful and efficient by checking us in within minutes. On entering the room we were delighted to find such a tastefully decorated room with many modcons. We were told that this was a relatively new hotel which was apparent from the decor and level of cleanliness.
Everything about this hotel was fautless. The breakfast catered for many tastes and there was even a very extensive tea and coffee menu which was wonderful. The staff here know how to make their guests feel special.
They have a 24 hour gym and a pool area with jacuzzi which was open from 6am to 10pm. I found this to be very helpful as I like to go for a swim in the evening after having trawled the malls and markets during the day. The jacuzzi was very relaxing and most evenings we were the only ones there. There is a mall next to the hotel with many restaurants. I cannot rate the hotel more.
Jakarta is a very noisy and busy place but as we stayed in the business district we were somewhat sheltered from this. There is not alot to do in Jakarta, however I would reccommend the following, Taman Safari- a drive through safari that houses a white siberian tiger, Ancol- (theme park, water park with aquarium, bowling etc), and taman puring market and pulau besar market.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ZeniLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chengdu, China
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,207 helpful votes
Reviewed 18 March 2010

The Intercontinental is located along Jalan Jendral Sudriman in the business heart of the city.

This was our second visit to the hotel and this time we decided to splash out on a studio suite. The first suite we were shown to suffered from noise from a generator room located just below the window, but we were quickly moved after we pointed this out. The suite was very nicely decorated in earth tones and was as well equipped as you would imagine an Intercontinental would be. The sitting area was comfortable, as was the huge king size bed.

All suites include broadband Internet access and access to the Executive Club lounge. This Club Lounge was to prove the highlight of our stay. We have visited many club lounges throughout S.E Asia and would honestly say that the range of snacks and canapés served here were the best we have had. Both the quality and the range of food was outstanding. The wines were also very drinkable.

We choose to have breakfast in the main restaurant and this was one area in which the hotel didn't meet our expectations as the buffet was not as good as it was on our previous visit.

All in all, The IC is an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raymond W
ICMidPlaza, E-Commerce Manager at AYANA Midplaza JAKARTA, responded to this review, 22 April 2010
Dear Camsean,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza, we delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying in our Suite and appreciated the food served at our Club Lounge. Your input on our buffet at the main restaurant, Java, has been passed on to our Food & Beverage team for their action. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Warm regards
World-wide Traveller
Reviewed 15 March 2010

I stayed 2 weeks there. The hotel has been fully renovated and has now a trendy design. All the luxury touches expected from Interconti are there. The swimming pool is a piece of art, large and nicely landscaped, but a bit noisy from the airco installation on the side. I make a special compliment to the Club Lounge, worth every penny for the quality and variety of the food they serve, and the service. Also I greatly recommend the taxi transportation to/from the airport: good value (IDR 266k) for a very nice Mercedes, this compared to the regular IDR 150k with the regular airport taxis which are really poor. Also, a representative will wait for you at the Customs and shuffle you like a VIP.
My only point is that you should take a room a bit away from the lifts. I had a room closed from them (although not directly next to them), and it appears that the ceiling makes a perfect conduit for the lifts noise (I know I could have complained and changed room, but I was just too lazy to pack everything). Another point is the shower head, where you can regulate the temperature but not the pressure, which is quite strong.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Dear JeanLouisV,

We appreciate your time to share your experience at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza. We are delighted that you have enjoyed staying in our refurbished room. Your special compliments on our Club Lounge has been shared with the team. Your points on shower head and lift has also been noted for our action and improvements. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I've stayed in a few Intercon's around the region and they can be a hit and miss. This one in Jakarta is a definate hit

Excellent service all around. Right from the doorman who get a taxi to the staff at the restaurant or at the desk

I'd specifically requested an early check in and my room was ready when I got there

The rooms are nice. Not too small nor too large. The work desk is fairly comfortable and the Internet speed is quite good.

The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom doesn't show its age. Shower pressure is good and the water maintains its temperature

The food is fairly decent and breakfast is really good. This was one of the few hotels who got my complex egg order just right. And that's a nice way to start a day

I've mentioned the service before. I changed my travel plans and requested a late check out. I was granted a generous late check out with a big smile and without the slightest posturing

The next time I visit Jakarta, here's where I will stay