“Not a bad choice in terms of price and location”

Ibis Jakarta Arcadia
Ranked #31 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed at Ibis Arcadia recently. The hotel is well positioned within Central Jakarta where it is about 5 mins walk to Sharinah Bus Stop (for Transjakarta Busway) and about 15 mins walk to Hotel Indonesia Traffic Circle (for Grand Indonesia Shopping Town). There was a local branch of Bersih Sehat next door which gave good value massage in a clean and healthy setting. This was a safe neighbourhood which I had absolutely no issues walking around.

I was given room 403 that had a street view. It was a bit noisy given that drivers tend to sound their honks quite frequently. My bed was comfortable and the room was quite spacious. Bath was quite small but I appreciate the powerful shower with good water temperature. Complimentary bottled waters were provided for my convenience.

There was one night when there was a power trip in my room and the technician arrived within 5 mins to resolve the problem. I noticed the air-conditioning took a while to cool down the room every time when I came back to my room. But it was ok after that.

I opted for the USD 5 buffet breakfast one morning and while the spread wasn't fantastic, it met my needs. Coffee was grounded from the machine and there was even an egg station. The staffs appeared quite attentive.

Given the good price that I paid, I found that Ibis met my needs. I wasn't expecting a luxurious experience. The traffic in Jakarta was very bad so I relied on Transjakarta buses, the commuter trains and of course my legs for most of my commute. I found some of the Bluebird drivers to be dishonest for my trip to & from the airport. This was a shame really! I would recommend if visitors could arrange an airport transfer directly with the hotel if you can for USD 16.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the main street if noise is an issue. I noticed there are some roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

On behalf of the management, we would like to thank you for selecting us.

Glad to know that you enjoyed the overall services at our hotel premises.

We look forward to seeing you again to Ibis Arcadia Jakarta.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Good location. Good breakfast selection, which was changed every day. Modern clean rooms, breakfast area, and lobby. Free internet, which was adequate, although not super fast. New amenities every day. Minor complaints - no conditioner for hair and shower hot water hard to adjust. Either cold or very hot. Plenty of hot water, however. It would be nice to have someplace to set a drink on both sides of the bed. There was no bath tub, which was fine with me. Rooms a little small, but not bad for a budget hotel. I have stayed in much smaller rooms. There is another Ibis right across the street, and several other very close hotels. I did not stay or go inside any of the other hotels, but this looked like the best value for price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1000Mike
Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for taking time to share your experience and opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

As your comments are very important for us to improve the quality of service for our clients permanently I have spoken to our employees to continue in this way to guarantee guest satisfaction in the future.

All the necessary actions have been taken concerning the water dispenser as well as the availability of the conditioner.

The Management.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank alxjohan
Ibis-arcadia-jakarta, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Reviewed 5 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I checked in around mid night and found out that parking space was full. The securities informed me that parking lot only accomodates for 5 cars. However they asked me to leave the key and they will parked my car whenever space available.

The day after when I checked out, it took around 15 minutes to take my car out from basement.

Hotel informed me that Ibis Tamarin has more parking lot

Hotel room was clean although it was small, breakfast varieties were okay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear valued guest,
many thanks that you took the time to share your experience and opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

As your comments are very important for us to improve the quality of service for our clients permanently I have spoken to our employees to futher increase quality and guarantee guest satisfaction in the future.

Frank Weiss

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed for around four nights on business.
Wi-fi was available in the room, albeit the traffic was heavy at peak user times.
The restaurant downstairs had decent meal options.
Staff were courteous and helpful.
The hotel is within walking distance of heaps of restaurants, shopping centres, parks, the national museum and bus stations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business