“nice hotel, near to the CBD”
Review of Ibis Jakarta Slipi

Ibis Jakarta Slipi
Ranked #112 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I am Staying at Ibis Slipi for 3 nights last week. This is my second time staying at this hotel. This time they gave me a room on the 17th floor, so it have a great view and perfect soundproof. I staying during Eid Al-Fitr holiday and I got a good view of celebration’s fireworks from my room window. The reception staff was friendly and helpful.

They have a new bed design, now they provide a bolster. I think this is the new standard of Ibis hotel’s bedroom in Indonesia, because I found the same one when I stay at others Ibis hotel recently. Comfortable bed sheet, and standard room’s layout. The room’s lighting was standard but adequate. For those who travelled with many gadget / electronics devices, I think you need to bring an electric socket extender. They don’t provide adequate electric socket near the bed. The nearest socket is behind the TV (+/- 1 m from the bed) and the others near the electric kettle. It would be better if there is an electronic socket beside the bedside table.

The breakfast was delicious and with a various menu. I think they need to improve the payment system for the room only’s guest. I need to go back to my room to bring my wallet after I finished my breakfast. I have the same experience when I staying at another Ibis, but I don’t need to pay the bill directly at the restaurant, they just told me to sign the bill and then I could pay it when I checked out. Perhaps, it’s related with the deposit requirements.

They have a spa services (in-room) with a reasonable price, but unfortunately I cannot try it because the spa was closed during the Eid Al-Fitr holiday and 1 day before it. It will be better if the spa services have their own treatment’s room.

Overall, I like this hotel. It have a great location, close to the CBD, department store (Mall Taman Anggrek,Central Park, Senayan City, Semanggi, Lotte Shopping Avenue) and they have a nice and friendly staff.

Room Tip: higher floors have a great city view and request for the room that facing the main street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
gmibisslipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear NaRae_888

Thank you very much for the positive comments regarding your stay with us.

I'm pleased you liked the new bolsters in the room and this is just the start of our new bed project "Sweetbed by ibis" which we will be implementing gradually over the coming 3 months and I'm sure you'll love our new comfy beds with luxurious toppers!

The deposit process is standard actually and all guests are required to leave a deposit if they wish to charge hotel services to their room and I'll be sure to refresh the team about requesting the deposit from all guests to avoid inconveniences such as the one you experienced. We are also currently working on an outlet for the spa service as this is the third comment I have received from guests so we have finally found a suitable area so that should be up and running soon.

On your next stay be sure to request the i-room located on our top 3 floors so you can enjoy the fantastic view of the Jakarta skyline, I quite often find guests there taking photos of the sunset.

Thanks again for the great feedback and we look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Ibis Jakarta Slipi

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed there on june. The room was clean, neat & the breakfast was delicious. Ibis hotels usually well known because of their service and the facilities with reasonable price but somehow the reception who handled me when check out was incapable. I stood beside the other guest but nobody asked me what to help until i asked them. I returned my key because i know the payment was already done but usually another hotel's reception will ask me to wait for a second so they could check the room , incase if i forget something in the room. But she just took my key & say thank you. I wonder what's gonna happen if there is a "naughty" guest who's checking out while "taking out" things in the room like towels, etc?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear adelova

Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay here with us at ibis Slipi. Please accept my apologies for the check out. I am afraid the complete change of our Property management system (over the last month) has caused a little confusion for a few of the staff here and this is the reason your exit from the hotel was not greeted with the correct service.

We have reviewed the process with the team and are back on track.

Thanks again for your very useful comments and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Have a great day

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in June. This hotel was chosen because it was near to the place of business. It is a no frills hotel. The lobby is decent, small and cosy. The reception is efficient and in fact efficiency is their motto. They promise delivery on services in 15 minutes. The bedroom is clean and quite small. Not much room to roam. If you are large you have to sidle, twist and turn. But it is adequate. Comfortable bed, very soft pillows that you may have to stack three to get adequate support. Clean and adequate bathroom. Internet is good and free. Breakfast is provided by two cafes. Both offer meagre spreads. You can have a filling breakfast certainly but the choice is limited.

This is a hotel that caters to people who view hotels as a place to sleep and freshen up. It is not a hotel to be enjoyed. It is adequate for most needs but it does not exceed your needs.

Room Tip: If you want non smoking room ask for non smoking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
gmibisslipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Ashem H

THanks very much for the feedback on your stay with us here in Jakarta. Its always great to hear first hand experience from a valued guest and helps us to continue to critique our daily operation.

It's true we pride ourselves on delivering efficient, friendly and uncomplicated services to our guests and in this case I see we were successful.

Just to let you know that although you mentioned that our F&B offering was meagre or limited, we are currently revamping the entire F&B concept here at the hotel as we are beginning an extensive renovation of our acclaimed Le Bistro restaurant and with that will come a new menu which will respect local and international cuisine but with a more contemporary feel as we focus on fusing the two together. Also our F&B Committee is about to launch our brand new breakfast selection which will be of the utmost quality and will definitely separate us from the other hotels in the city.

I look forward to receiving your feedback on your next stay.

Thanks again

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We are couple stayed for 2 nights, our room is on 16 floor non-smoking room, you can get highway view from your window. The room was nice, clean and neat, the room design is an old style of ibis, all the hotel facilities going well, fast internet access, friendly staff, tasty dinner at La Bistro and various tasty menu at La Table. You will get Well-being at the best price during your stay at Ibis Jakarta Slipi.

Room Tip: you can choose room in the corner because there is space to enjoy the city view (e.g: room 1618)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Eunique_Chie

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments about your recent stay at ibis Slipi. I am very pleased you enjoyed the facilities and service of the hotel and just to let you know that we are currently undergoing stage 1 of a full renovation which will upgrade all public areas and guest rooms. The process will be a calm one though as we aim to disturb our guests as little as possible but I am sure on your next stay you will appreciate the difference.

Thanks again and look forward to receiving you again here.

Warm regards

Phil J. REID

Reviewed 30 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
gmibisslipi, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Slipi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Ibis Hotel Slipi is easy to reach, at the toll side. Room is clean and smell good. With white soft towel. Breakfast is delicious. Taxi is ready to take you to your desination..........

........

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Linda P

THanks very much for your kind comments. I have shared them with the team and they are thrilled about the feedback. I am also glad you enjoyed our new plush towels whcih have been upgraded recently. I am confident the difference will be felt by all of our guests.

Look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Kind regards