“AOKI, must try !”

Ranked #30 of 462 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“AOKI, must try !”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Aoki Japanese restaurant located in basement was one of the best Japaneae Restaurant in Jakarta. Its small but warm , equipped with private rooms, suited your needs. The quality and presentation of food is very good. Must Try !

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel was a great surprise, as I tend to find Jakarta hotels charmless... I felt like I was in Europe at a smart clean boutique hotel!

Staff was lovely, even though I checked in at 5AM - clerk was perky and awake and sweet, my room, 619 was fresh and clean and lovely comfy bedding and Siberian Air con! Much needed in Jkt! ;-)

The breakfast was really wonderful, the decor tasteful. Can't wait to go back and actually explore the rest of what the hotel has to offer since I was there for a very brief night!

One of the best features was my own router in the room with no password, I am so SICK of these fancy hotels that make you log on to a page and then retype user name and password ad nausem.. and then kick you off every 20 minutes... This hotel understands that wifi is as necessary as hot water in a room: Thank you Gran Mahakam!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Beberapa kali ke hotel ini untuk menghadiri acara di Magnolia ballroom dan bulan lalu baru akhirnya saya mencoba menginap di hotel ini. Kami memilih Gran Suite yang merupakan duplex room. Bagian bawah menyerupai ruang tamu dengan sofa dan tv dan di bagian atas terdapat bathroom dan kamar tidur. Sangat nyaman dan homey. Luas per lantai tidak terlalu luas tapi dengan high ceiling dan dua lantai itu jadi berasa tidak sumpek. The duplex complex juga memberikan privacy jika kedatangan tamu atau ingin menghabiskan waktu sendiri di lt bawah/atas. Pilihan breakfast sangat menarik, lengkap dengan dim sum dan customized pasta! Thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I checked in this hotel for easter for a nice time. It was advertised as 5 star from agoda. When we arrived we were given a room card which was for the wrong room so we inadvertently put our card in someone else's door which worked. He was shocked and upset. We found out we were in the room next door, a staff member turned up and did not even apolagise but take our card and say he would return it and it never happened. This hotel is rated as 5 star but the size of the meals reminds me of what I serve my 5 yr old child for dinner of a nightime, I woiuld never expect a grown adult to eat this and let alone pay top dollar. I'm not a fat man but do like to be fed correctly. There is no place for smoking except a small back alley outside of the hotel bar. I travel regularly and I'd prefer a 3 star rating for this place at 1/2 the price then i paid. I'm heavily upset over the whole procedure.

Room Tip: Not highly recommended if you want what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 911FTC
bunbury
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great position in Block M,very clean and staff go the extra yards.
A little expensive maybe but the facilities and bed make up for it.
Good central business hotel,about 40mins from airport on a good day.

Room Tip: A little noise from road in front rooms,but not extreme.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

What a great weekend escape for me and my family. I was reserve for one junior suite room for me & my wife and two deluxe connecting rooms for my parents and my kids. A very welcome condition during my arrival in front desk, feels like VVIP. Plates of fruits welcome us in each of our rooms. I’m satisfied with the room cleanliness. Most of hotel in Indonesia I visit earlier which equipped with a bathtub (even five stars), the maintenance (for this very important facility for me to have a relaxation of hot water bath) was not well and disappointing.
My dinner with my family in Le Gran was very joyful, a splurge dinner buffet served with wide selection. Menu on breakfast also tasty makes me happy to start a wonderful day with my family.
No complain at all.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast option when you reserve.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

GM offers an almost faultless boutique hotel experience, but just an OK value (at least for the rate I got), especially for the business traveller. Regardless, I enjoyed my short stay very much. A few highlights:

- Rooms are great, quiet and have very high (14 feet?) ceilings and windows.
- The place has staff EVERYWHERE (lots just seem to be standing around), but there's always someone to help you
- The fitness centre is small but well equipped with two fairly new treadmills, an exercise bike, stepper and weights. But if you get out early enough before the gosh awful traffic starts, the area around the hotel is OK for running (wide sidewalks down somme of the streets)
- The pool is on the 6th floor and is a nice place to lounge, but it is much too short for swimming laps
- I had room service and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the grilled salmon and salad greens for the price
- Breakfast was above average, although pricey as it was not included in the room rate

I did not eat there, but the hotel's Japanese restaurant is supposed to be very good. If you want to eat elsewhere, the nearby the Block M complex has a whole street of Japanese restaurants, or there are plenty of restaurants in the Block M malls

Room Tip: 6th floor is best, but you will pay more
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business