“Superb Hotel - Best in Jakarta”

Mandarin Oriental Jakarta
Ranked #4 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great location and amazing rooms. All the staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. Was in town for business so didn't have much time to check out the facilities, but the room and lobby areas of the hotel were superb. Bed extremely comfortable and rooms spacious. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks while on business in Jakarta. I stayed in one of the club rooms on the 15th floor which gave access to the club on the 21st floor. I had breakfast daily in the club and also took advantage of the cocktail hour in the evening. The staff were outstanding and in particular, Yeni who looked after me and my business colleagues. I also tried out the hotel's Mo Bar which had a good live band. The hotel is well situated next to the Bundaran HI where there are some shopping malls and restaurants. A good mall within about 10 minutes walk is the Sarinah Mall which has a good selection of local souvenirs. I hope to stay in the Mandarin Oriental again, next time I visit Jakarta.

Room Tip: Get a club room
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We had to send a night in Jakarta to catch our flight home and decided to stay in city although I should warn you that traffic in Jakarta can take a few hours so best to catch a flight that doesn't arrive in rush hour if you can. I was expecting quite a standard service as most city hotels do. However the friendly staff really provided us with a great hospitality and made us feel quite welcome similar to small boutique hotels. I would definitely book the hotel in another location I travel to if they have the chain available
It was my bday when we arrived The friendly staff at front desk send me a cake and even a birthday card . Devi from front desk is Amazing:)
Defiantly will stay there again if I go back to Jakarta

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Rooms and location are good. Service is what I would pay extra.

Tried five nights here based on reviews in tripadvisor. No qualms, but will also try other neighboring hotels. Because there is nothing that really entices a must-return.

I like :
- the huge guest room and meeting room and nice spa, but the masseur is rather inexperienced.
- free taxi service between the hotel and the 2 large malls next door. But this service is not publicized unless by personal word of mouth maybe. I happened to ask the concierge for more directions and was told of this service. My counterparts didn't ask and got their own way around to the malls, taking 30 instead of otherwise a 10 minute journey. What would be really first class service if this is either displayed visibly at the concierge, in guest room, or briefed at checkin. Neither being experienced.

Dislikes:
- most staff do not understand English well. The same for those at banquet and concierge. Yet, telling that he does. Hence a request for a box, or a bill or papers, took several reminders until my message got through. The several reminders usually take more than a couple of hours.
- courteous service but REALLY slow.
- Food taste is average because I would have much higher expectations for oriental food in Mandarin or Shangri La.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yuzimomo
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Only stayed here one night for a layover, but wished it had been longer. From the first greeting at the curb, the staff were all unbelievably friendly and courteous, they couldn't do enough for us. The flower smell in the lobby was fantastic. Our room overlooked the large fountain which was a great view. Room itself was beautiful, nice decor, really comfy bed and pillows, great bathroom and tub. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and the chinese restaurant had fabulous food, the best shrimp dish my husband ever had. Pool and spa also very nice.
Worth spending the extra money to use their car service too and from airport as traffic is ridiculous, and the bus takes hours!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Was in Mandarin Oriental on 26-27 Oct because of the jakarta Marathon with the whole Family...Very Helpful and Friendly Receptionist, got Marshmallow for my boy, and the upgraded Room..thank you so much..
Was a really personal surprise for me, after i did Run in jakarta marathon, they prepare a cold hand towel to refresh myself...it is very impressive, attention to small details!! world class service..
absolutely Mandarin oriental is one of the best hotels I have ever had!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed for 1 night. The most disappointing thing was that a king ked was not available so I was given a twin room. Although I was upgraded to a suite, the small bed - even though it was of good quality - was disappointing. The room was fine. It was big but not cosy or well appointed. It had an 'old' feeling to it and I would have preferred it if wifi had been included. The kitchen was also sold out of the meal I had chosen for my dinner and there was nothing else on the menu that really called to me. I chose something else in the end but it wasn't great. I agree with the other reviewers that the customer service is excellent. Upon arrival, I enquired about the spa and the front desk staff were extremely helpful. I had an appt organised in a matter of minutes. The gym is OK and breakfast was quite good.

It's a good option for a stay in Jakarta.