“Wedding Preparation, Venue and Wedding Day”

Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
Ranked #4 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Wedding Preparation, Venue and Wedding Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was responsible to organise my sisters wedding that took place on the 22 March 2014, and after looking around for a few hotels in Jakarta we have decided to go with Mandarin Oriental. We were so happy and great to be able to have my sister's special day at this hotel because of these:

1. Excellent service and personal approach by the hotel people (especially Mr Azumar), in allowing us to explore the hotel, with the wedding arrangement and the flexibility that made us feel so welcomed.
2. Great Venue and pricing for the size of the wedding that we wanted for.
3. Great rooms, we booked more than 10 rooms at the hotel to accommodate for family and friends that traveled overseas, everyone loved the quality of the rooms, and the city view is great.
4. The food were really great, as we were preparing for the wedding we had most of our food from the restaurant downstairs or room service, everyone complimented the food from breakfast to dinner.
5. Very well trained staff, they showed utmost care and respect to everyone involved in the wedding including the guests and the vendors.
6. Mr Azumar were very helpful as a contact person with us in order to connect with the rest of the hotel crew that was involved in the wedding. The way he understood wedding were more than just a venue provided, he gave us lots of inputs that add massive value to the wedding even though he doesnt have to do that. He was there all through out the event to make sure that everything was going according to the plan, which was very helpful for all of us.
7. On a side note, the vendors have also shown their thanks on how helpful Mr Azumar and his team was in helping them preparing everything from the necessary documentation and making sure everything was prepared for them to do their job.

It was a very memorable day for all of us, we had 3 events all at Mandarin Oriental, the first one was the Holy Matrimony in the morning, the Wedding reception at night and the Family Drinks afterwards, all three were very great and on behalf of our family, friends and everyone else that came to the wedding we would like to express our gratitude and outmost thanks for Mr Azumar and team and the Mandarin Oriental Jakarta.

ps: would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue (or even other event) in Jakarta.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a view that overlook "Bunderan HI" (the roundabout with the monument) t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nusa Dua, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I came to JKT to visit relatives and as they leave in that area its most convenient to stay at the MO. I like the area because of the selection of restaurants, bars and mall but yes it is on the more pricey end. Regarding the MO JKT I really enjoyed my stay, try to add the club access, it is really worth it, much more private and very attentive service. The fitness is big enough for my daily work out.
I tried out all three outlets and food wise the Chinese one is my favourite.

Overall its a great hotel value for money wise, if you need to stay in the bundaran HI area. As the traffic is terrible in Jakarta, you need to choose a hotel in the area you move around most.
With no doubt I can recommend this hotel

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank theasiantourist
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Well, I just returned from another trip to jakarta and I stayed at the Mandarin again and am very pleased. They never dissappoint. On this trip, they accommodated me with making sure I had breakfast from their restaurant during hours which the restaurant was not operating. It was a wonderful breakfast by the way! I will remain a loyal Mandarin client and like I said, they never dissappoint me and go above and beyond what is it expected. Thanks Mandarin!

1 Thank Robert L
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am a frequent traveller to Jakarta for business. I have tried a number of 5 star hotels but the MO stands out. The staff are not just friendly but look for ways to make your stay comfortable and totally stress free. They make it their job to remember your name and your preferences such as whether you prefer apples or bananas or directions to the silverbird taxi about how to get to your regular meeting place. The rooms and food are first class and the health facilities should satisfy the most demanding fitness fanatics.The best value in town.

1 Thank TMG525
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

If possible i always stay in Mandarin because of excelency of service....in jakarta i have to say had 1st times few incidents , i was surprised and wrote to management of the hotel a note....their reaction was quick and efficient not only apologising but also trying to compensate , even if i insisted i didnt want any compensation......

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luis A
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

MO Jakarta is, no doubt, the best in Jakarta. Upon arrival, I was being greeted by my first name right at the driveway of the lobby and I was escorted to my room without any funfare and the check-in is all done within 2 mins in the room. The rooms are extremely spacious and luxurious finishing. A functional wooden work desk with power adapters for all combinations of adapters. The bed is clean and huge and the room is bright for work. Above all, the good WIFI connection and the huge telly with many channels around the world.

The breakfast is sumptious and the coffee good. The staff is very well-trained and are all very polite and helpful.

All in all, this is realy the best in Jakarta.

2 Thank KahChin
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a late review, stayed at the hotel on Mar 7 for one night. What a five star hotel! The staff are so well trained and always wear a smile on their face. We went dinner at MO Bar and the Manager is very helpful. I took her advise booked a in-room massage, after the service I was all relaxed. The cost is really reasonable compare to other hotels that I stayed in other countries. Defintely worth anyone to try... Keep up the good work!

1 Thank moody22202