“Awesome Hotel with awesome Staff...”

Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
Ranked #8 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
New Delhi, India
“Awesome Hotel with awesome Staff...”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I travelled to Jakarta for Business for the first time and had the opportunity to stay in this fabulous Hotel. Staff was so welcoming and helpful. They were very supportive and made me feel at home. I travel more than 100 days in a year but have not never felt soo looked after. Amazing experience.

1 Thank Jaspreet26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at MO Jakarta for 2 nights and it's been the most wonderful business trip I ever had. The staff there (from the concierge to the reception, from the fitness center to the room service) were simply the best. If you're looking for a business hotel in Jakarta with excellent service, this is the one for you.

However, since that was my first trip to Jakarta, I cannot compare it with other business hotels in Jakarta yet. But I have stayed at many different 5-star hotels in many different countries, and still find MO Jakarta the best in terms of service. I will stay at the FS in Jakarta next month, I will then make a comparison.

Concerns:
I stayed on the 16/F but could still hear the noises from the main street.
I couldn't find the toaster for the bread...

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel last week for 5 days. Everyone in the hotel greets with all smiles and warmth, let me feel I'm home away from home. I had a great time staying in this hotel and been ranting about it to my colleagues, family and friends. It is my first time to stay in this hotel and got upgraded to a Junior Suite. The bed and pillows were so comfortable that when I lay down my back I can sleep like a baby which never happens when I am away from home for business. The humongous toilet and bath is well maintained and I have fresh towels all the the time. Plus, the welcome drinks they serve is so refreshing that I didnt even get the name and I wish I knew what it is.

My husband came in mid-week and he stayed comfortably in the hotel. The staff were helpful with directions on how to go around. They have very tight security and I'd say that's good especially to SMEs/ expats who's visiting Jakarta. They have wide variety of sumptous choices for breakfast. The lady who assist us every breakfast, her name is Anggi is indeed very pleasant and helpful. I left my lighter one time in the room and I asked for assistance, she went through everyone in the staff to ask who got lighter in their pockets and lend it to me. It took her sometime and I know the buffet area was so busy that time but she returned to me with all smiles.

I had a minor incident with conceirge and was addressed after 48 hours but this wont stop me recommending the hotel for business and pleasure. Indeed, I will return to Mandarin on my return to Jakarta soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a short business trip. From check-in over breakfast to check-out the experience was one of efficient service delivered with the right touch of local flavour. Food both dine-in and breakfast buffet is of excellent quality with wide choice. Rooms are spacious with ample facilities, and unusually for a hotel of this category free wi-fi was the icing on the cake. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014
Hove
Reviewed 5 May 2014

From the moment I was collected at the airport by the hotel until the minute I was checking out I experienced exceptional customer service from everyone at this hotel.
Unfortunately the airline lost my bags during my transfer to Jakarta, but when the Mandarin Oriental heard about this they went above any expectations and offered to dry-clean my clothes (complimentary!) while I wait for my suitcase, they arranged for collection of my suitcase (because it would be quicker then waiting for the courier from the airline) and this was dealing with an issue from the airline.
My experience with every department within the hotel was always friendly, professional and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark77uk
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This past April, my wife and I held our latest vacation in the South East Asia area of this beautiful planet. This trip involved several legs of various durations, starting in Bangkok, then Jakarta, a few days in Borneo and then finally Bali.

We were spending only 1 night in Jakarta, taking a flight the next afternoon to Borneo. This hotel is on the pricier side but they meet every expectation you would set for this accommodation level. Car service from the airport was spot on and timely. In-room check-in services was a welcomed relief after a long day of flying and transiting. Our room was absolutely the best (a junior suite I believe). The next day we even had the hotel organize a quick drive around with short stops at major sites in Jakarta, before heading to the airport. The latter within a reasonable price all things considered.

So basically, if your budget does permit, do not hesitate to stay at the Mandarin Oriental Jakarta Hotel, you will see that it is well worth the money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sophie and Paul V
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were in Jakarta and chose to stay at the Mandarin Oriental. The hotel was beautiful and our room was nicely furnished, it also came with a great view of the city. The part that sets this hotel apart from many others was its excellent staff. We enjoyed superb hospitality right from the airport. It is amazing that the staff anticipated our needs, and they were very attentive. For example, my wife folded a page in a book she was reading and went shopping. When we came back, the folded page had a beautiful MO bookmark in place :-)

We have always loved MO and will definitely stay with MO the next time we are back! Thank you guys, for making our Jakarta visit such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business