“Best hotel stay ever”

Mandarin Oriental Jakarta
Ranked #4 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Didn't consider this hotel at all at first, however got a special deal through my American Express card so I cancelled with the Keraton and booked at the Mandarin. Was surprised to receive an email asking for my child's name, thought it was just to arrange for bedding. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were whisked away by one of the hotel's staff, directly to our room, without all the fuss of checking in at the checking desk. Arriving in our room, we discovered we were upgraded from a normal room to a suite. The staff took our passports and card, and came back a few minutes later, checking all done and dusted. In our room was a welcome card for our daughter, personalized by using letters and drawings that must have taken some effort, very well done. This was accompanied by fruits, chocolates and a bottle of wine - all on the house. The suite itself was big, roomy and very well decorated. Two LCD televisions and a huge bathroom with bath and separate shower, even a walk-in closet. We made use of the hotel's pool, it was a bit chilly though, could do with heating. Nevertheless, its big and deep, enough space for a good swim. There is a pool bar and restaurant, we ordered food from there and I had the biggest and best hamburger ever! Price was not too expensive. Didn't make use of the spa or gym. Made use of breakfast twice in the restaurant downstairs. First morning we were 10 minutes late and missed the breakfast, however they were kind enough to ask the staff to wait for us to get our food before taking the food trays away. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service over weekends, dropping and collecting you from the mall. Upon leaving, they made a booboo with our early breakfast that was arranged to be served in our room. However they made up for it by packing us take-away breakfast. Stayed for 3 nights, if ever visiting Jakarta again I will waste no time in choosing this hotel again. Best service ever, everyone serves with smile and in proper English. Upon checking out I discovered a charge from the mini bar that I disagreed with. The front desk staff removed this charge without so much as questioning it or objecting. Wow, most other hotels the staff will want to go and recheck the mini bar or just argue with you. Few days later I received an email from the hotel apologizing for the mix up with our breakfast and promising a room upgrade when we stay with them again. Now what more can you ask for, I have not experienced such customer service ever across Australasia, Europe or anywhere else for that matter. I would give this place 6 stars if I could!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank splendidsimply
Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

You cannot go wrong with the place. I have been here many times and it is down to their people and the consistency of service provided. Rooms are of decent size, well kept and clean but the people make all the difference. You come back to the hotel late and people greet you with a smile, recognize you as a repeater and are doing so whenever I return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Hinterbacsy
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is my second time staying in MO Jakarta, and it never disappoints! The service provided by the staff from concierge, front desk to housekeeping was impeccable, rooms was huge and clean. Bathroom was amazing as the shower and bathtub are in separate sections. Booked the weekend package that also came with an hour of massage in the hotel spa and free transfers (one way) to Plaza Indo and Grand Indo. We'll definitely return again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FRXY
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Friendly staff, superb service.

Nice, clean rooms.

Good wifi coverage.

Good service from bellboy to concierge, reception, housekeeping & restaurants, etc.

Really enjoyed my stay! Definitely recommended to friends, company staff. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Recommended
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank L_L_Lim130965
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Jakarta every 3 months and it is never a disappointment. The staff always goes above and beyond to make sure that my stay is the best and I am comfortable at all times. I sometimes have to meet other business colleagues for meetings in Jakarta and the ONLY place I recommend is the Mandarin Oriental. All of the staff is exceptional from the people at the door, front desk, concierge and restaurant manager of The Cinnamon, Fitri, who makes sure that I am fed even though the restaurant may be closed because of my early schedule. Thank you Mandarin and I will see you again in about 2 months!!!

Room Tip: Never had a bad room yet, so enjoy your stay..........
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

On behalf of myself and Yuki,

I would like to say thanks for all the staff of Mandarin Oriental for the best wedding arrangement.

Food was excellent, room was really good, and the services are beyond expectation.

Special thanks also for Mr. Azumar who has perfectly arrange everything from start till the conclusion of the wedding.

Certainly will be back to stay at Mandarin Oriental.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was amazed by the hospitality of the staffs when I first got here. They gave me a glass of lemon tea and a towel during check in, and answered all my questions patiently.
The standard room was a little bigger than any other standard rooms I've stayed at. The bed and pillows were very comfy, too comfy that I almost woke up late for a meeting.
The bathroom, I thought, was perfect. The water pressure was perfect and it was very clean.

There were also free gym classes like yoga and muscle art. My instructor Luki was so nice and he kinda became my personal trainer in one of the classes (Thanks Luki!). If there was one complaint I had about the hotel, it would be the pool. The pool was a little bit too small and there was no clock around it for you to tell the time. Other than that everything else was good. A mango pudding was prepared for me after my swim.

During one of my stays, however, there was a blackout once for like 1 min, wouldn't say that was my favorite moment, but other than that, everything was amazing. Exceptional service, great food, great staffs. Will definitely come back and recommend this place to everyone I care about. Thank you Mandarin for the wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Any room in the hotel would be great I think, you can never go wrong with the Mandarin.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business