Didn't consider this hotel at all at first, however got a special deal through my American Express card so I cancelled with the Keraton and booked at the Mandarin. Was surprised to receive an email asking for my child's name, thought it was just to arrange for bedding. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were whisked away by one of the hotel's staff, directly to our room, without all the fuss of checking in at the checking desk. Arriving in our room, we discovered we were upgraded from a normal room to a suite. The staff took our passports and card, and came back a few minutes later, checking all done and dusted. In our room was a welcome card for our daughter, personalized by using letters and drawings that must have taken some effort, very well done. This was accompanied by fruits, chocolates and a bottle of wine - all on the house. The suite itself was big, roomy and very well decorated. Two LCD televisions and a huge bathroom with bath and separate shower, even a walk-in closet. We made use of the hotel's pool, it was a bit chilly though, could do with heating. Nevertheless, its big and deep, enough space for a good swim. There is a pool bar and restaurant, we ordered food from there and I had the biggest and best hamburger ever! Price was not too expensive. Didn't make use of the spa or gym. Made use of breakfast twice in the restaurant downstairs. First morning we were 10 minutes late and missed the breakfast, however they were kind enough to ask the staff to wait for us to get our food before taking the food trays away. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service over weekends, dropping and collecting you from the mall. Upon leaving, they made a booboo with our early breakfast that was arranged to be served in our room. However they made up for it by packing us take-away breakfast. Stayed for 3 nights, if ever visiting Jakarta again I will waste no time in choosing this hotel again. Best service ever, everyone serves with smile and in proper English. Upon checking out I discovered a charge from the mini bar that I disagreed with. The front desk staff removed this charge without so much as questioning it or objecting. Wow, most other hotels the staff will want to go and recheck the mini bar or just argue with you. Few days later I received an email from the hotel apologizing for the mix up with our breakfast and promising a room upgrade when we stay with them again. Now what more can you ask for, I have not experienced such customer service ever across Australasia, Europe or anywhere else for that matter. I would give this place 6 stars if I could!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the warmth of Indonesian hospitality and the levels of service for which Mandarin Oriental is renowned, Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta offers exemplary personalised service in luxurious surroundings. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an oasis of 21st-century luxury with 272 spacious guest rooms, including 24 suites and a variety of award-winning restaurants and bar concepts, which become the meeting place of choice for hotel guests and the local community. The state-of-the-art meeting and banqueting facilities also provide the best venues for both business and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mandarin Jakarta
- Jakarta Mandarin Oriental