We stayed at MO Jakarta in early November for a conference, where the hotel was just opened for a month. It went through an extensive renovation that lasted almost 2 years and it was a privilege to enjoy everything new there.
Our deluxe room was really spacious, with roomy executive desk and sitting area. Bathroom was equally big, with double sinks, shower room with rain-shower facility, powder desk and a tub overlooking the beds. Fluffy towels and robes were nicely displayed too. There was also a walk-in wardrobe and a separate toilet for more privacy.
Staff was very courteous, from the concierge, front office and the coffee house; always smiling and eager to please. Breakfast spread was good, and obliging waitresses added the extra warmth to the hotel, as they were always ready to provide you with another pot of coffee or a glass of fruit juice without having to ask for it.
The hotel is just opposite the Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, apparently the biggest in town for up-market shopping, pretty cool place to go.
The only complain, if any, was that the air conditioner was a too cold, the view of which was shared among other conference participants. Being a new hotel with relatively low occupancy rate, that probably explains why but we generally had to raise the air conditioner temperature to 27-28C to be able to sleep nicely. Having said that, other advantages outweigh this little discomfort, and MO Jakarta should remain our top choice in Jakarta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the warmth of Indonesian hospitality and the levels of service for which Mandarin Oriental is renowned, Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta offers exemplary personalised service in luxurious surroundings. Located in the heart of the city, the hotel is an oasis of 21st-century luxury with 272 spacious guest rooms, including 24 suites and a variety of award-winning restaurants and bar concepts, which become the meeting place of choice for hotel guests and the local community. The state-of-the-art meeting and banqueting facilities also provide the best venues for both business and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Mandarin Jakarta
- Jakarta Mandarin Oriental