“Amazing”

Ranked #7 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Seoul, South Korea
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 April 2010

This hotel is unbelievable. From the time we stepped out of the limo we were treated like kings. The staff was extremely friendly and always around to help when we needed them. There wasn't a question they couldn't answer. The room was spacious with a great view. The bed was like being wrapped in a bunch of feathers. The location was perfect. It is just across the street from the malls and any other kind of shopping that we needed to do. The restaurants were perfect. They had a buffet every day and each time it was completely different. This was definitely the best hotel that I have ever stayed in. I would highly recommend The Mandarin Oriental Jakarta to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2010

A lot of thought has clearly gone into this renovation. The rooms are beautifully decorated and have just about everything you could wish for in a business hotel (with the notable exception of an iron and ironing board, but to be fair the staff member I asked was incredulous that I actually wanted to iron my own shirt!).

The rooms are spacious and have a sitting area as well as a vast bed and the bathrooms are bigger than many of their competitor’s bedrooms. Early morning tea and coffee is well catered including a plunger for coffee and a tin of milk which makes a pleasant change from spending the first 10 minutes of each morning tearing at stubborn little packets of coffee and creamer and usually managing to tip at least one onto the carpet and fill one’s mouth with instant coffee granules.

I didn’t get to sample all of the F&B outlets, but the ones I did were great. The MO bar has enough atmosphere to be enjoyable and yet to still be able to hear the conversation you are having. Dinner at Lyon was excellent and breakfast at Cinnamon presented a myriad of different options which could keep the average person occupied for a number of hours.

I have stayed at a couple of hotels in Jakarta, but won’t be trying any others.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I travel extensively through Asia and beyond and have seen all ranges of hotels and service and can honestly say the quality and service of the Mandarin Jakarta is the best I have experienced. The staff give a level of service that goes beyond just being a job, you can feel the energy and enthiusium everywhere you go in the hotel.

Everyone gives a genuine smile and I was amazed that everyone knew my name and greeted me personally, making me feel very welcome and special.

I was booked into the Mandarin room, which was the best quality and value I have seen in a while, really amazing space and style. The room had a seperate sitting and office area, which I was able to use to meet my clients and discuss business. I had forgotten to bring my computer and i-pod cables and to my delight, the hotel had a technology draw fully stocked with everything I needed. I was then able to show my PowerPoint presentation on the 42 inch flat screen TV with a relaxing glass of wine.

That being done, I then plugged my i-pod into the wall outlet and went to relax in the most amazing bathroom I have seen, complete with twin vanity, an island bath (that comfortably fits 2) and a huge rain shower.

The toughest choice I faced, was whether to dine in the French or Chinese restaurant. I chose Lyon and was glad I did, the food was delicious and the service amazing, not to mention the selection of wine. After which we went to the MO bar and relaxed to the cool tunes and were again impressed with the friendly service by some of the best looking waitresses I have seen.

In the morning,.. time to hit the gym. The techno -gym equipment was top of the range, with 3 items I have not seen, 2 anterior / posterior stretching machines and a Kinesis machine that was totally unique and really gave a great workout . The highlight however, was the staff giving me a personal stretch and guidance on how to use the machines, very professional and experienced.
All this workout was undone by the tasty burger and cocktails while relaxing by the pool overlooking the main roundabout to top off the stay...but worth it.

We had a great time here and can not wait to return again and again......I can only suggest that you treat yourself to the experience.

Doha
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Absolutely fabulous stay. Extremely pleasant & courteous staff. The hotel rooms are also very large and well equipped.

London, UK
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I have stayed many times in the 'old' MO in Jakarta. it was like a pair of old slippers; comfortable but well worn; you knew there were newer alternatives, but somehow you kept using them. This was my first opportunity to stay in the 'new' MO since it reopened in October last year. It was well worth the wait. The hotel has been completely refurbished. You would not recognise it from it's old format. It is fresh and revitalised, but with the same exceptional Mandarin Oriental service; except somehow they have improved on this. The staff are all young and very eager to help. The rooms are all beautifully appointed and finished to a high standard. This is the hotel to stay in, in Jakarta, without question.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I have stayed at several Mandarin Oriental hotels throughout Asia but Jakarta's newly refurbished MO is simply the best!! No doubt it's new but the service is superb! The atmosphere was vibrant and you can feel the enthusiasm of the staffs, offering their help and service to you at any corner, any time of the day.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I had the good fortune to spend 5 nights at the recently renovated Mandarin Oriental Jakarta. As you would expect of a 5 star property which has undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment, the facilities are state of the art and second to none, with even the standard room being a great size, complete with walk in wardrobe, flat screen tv etc.

However, what really sets MO Jakarta apart, is the absolutely stunning service no matter who you are dealing with. By way of example, I had not stayed at this property since the grand re-opening in early October 2009. Seven months later, I arrived at the hotel and went to the bar. Not only did the waitress remember my name, but also what my drink (and brand) of preference were - now that is service!

That aside, everywhere you go, nothing is too much for this hotel and it is all done with a fabulous smile and a "can do" attitude.

It really is difficult to put in to words just how good the service is. All I will say is that I stay in hotels approximately 250 nights of the year, all over Asia, Europe and occasionally USA. In all those travels and with all those hotel stays, I can honestly say that I have never anywhere had the privilege of enjoying service as fantastic as it was here. It does not matter if you are dealing with junior or senior hotel employees - from the girl who opens the front door upon your arrival, to the minute you leave, the staff from top to bottom simply can not do enough to make you feel welcome and meet your every need, I for one can not wait to return.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business