“Still Provide Top Notch Service”
Review of Alila Jakarta

Ranked #31 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I used to stay in Alila Jakarta from 2010 till 2012, spending 1 to 2 weeks every month in this simple but nice hotel. It is the simplicity coupled with top notch service that kept me coming back.
+Room with wooden flooring. I hate rooms with old carpet or cold ceramic/marble tiles in many other hotels.
+Breakfast spread is good for those who like Asian/local foods. But they do provide good varieties of freshly baked bread. Egg station, coffee machine, and fruits. If you are staying in 'executive' rooms you can have breakfast in the lounge that provide some ala-carte breakfast selections. The same lounge also provide drinks and snacks at certain hours in the evening free of charge.
+room service selection is reasonably good as well.
+Shanghai Storm Restaurant at the basement level serves very nice Chinese noodles.
+very good gym at L6. And heard that the Spa/massage service at L6 is very good as well.
+very good free WiFi hotspots accessible from each room.
+Biggest plus is for the impeccable service provided, from reservation, flexible check in/out. I must admit this may have something to do with the fact that I and many of our colleagues are very frequent guests to this hotel, but nonetheless I would rate their service as the best for any similar 4 star hotels in Jakarta, better than many other 5 star hotels!! examples: flexible check in time unlike many other hotels that will cancel the booking if I didn't check in by 4-6PM, even after providing them with flight itinerary. One time I forgot to keep stack of cash, left on the bed side table without any envelope, I was so surprised to find it untouched after I got back from work in the evening while the whole room was cleaned and neatly re-arranged. Another example is the fact that I can leave my unwashed laundry, and collect, pay during my next visit.
I am a frequent guest for several other hotels in Jakarta too mainly because I couldn't get room in Alila due to peak season, but none can provide such service regardless how many times they have seen me coming.
-not many negative points I can find with this hotels, nonetheless here are some: mosquitoes in Buzz Restaurant, lobby lounge. Slightly difficult to get taxi during rush hour in the morning. Location wise it is near (10mins walk) to many restaurants in Batu Ceper, Batu Tulis, but it is not a pleasant walk due to traffic and road side parking, street vendors.
Lastly, the management has changed for sometimes now, front desk personnel come and go, I notice the tripadvisor rating has dropped, but personally I have not feel much decline in their service.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Hotel-to H

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us I appreciate your time and feedback we are of course pleased to see that you enjoyed all the facilities. Our Executive floor room and service has certainly helped our overall standing with all our repeat guests as it is one of those luxurious that is nice to enjoy when you are away from home. I will certainly pass your feedback onto the team its always a nice start to the day when we share our guests feedback.

Please do drop me aline next time you are in Jakarta I would certainly look forward to meeting you in person

Kind regards

Email pmurray@alilahotels.com
www.alilahotels.com

There are newer reviews for Alila Jakarta

Reviewed 26 March 2014

i have stayed in this hotel for 7 days for the exhibition purpose.
The location of this hotel is ok, traditional seafood and streets food and massage are nearby.
The staff of the hotel is not well-trained, but at least with smiles on their faces all the time.
The room is clean and fitness centre is really nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Ting Ting

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments and feedback I will certainly pass them on to the team I appreciate you comment on the cleanliness of the hotel and Im pleased to hear you enjoyed the fitness centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back in due course and thank you for choosing Alila Jakarta

Kind regards Patrick Murray

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've been a long term guest at the Alila for more than a month. Nice, comfortable, and clean rooms. Great gym for those who are serious about working out.
Extremely friendly and attentive staff. Ms. Meta and Ms. Novi are always concerned with the level of service we're receiving.
Also, Shanghai Storm offers excellent Chinese food on the first level.
The location is North of Monas, with lively nightlife and street food...only a short ride to the malls in central Jakarta.

Room Tip: Some people complain about the call to prayer on the mosque side of the building. Never woke me tho...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mr_Bill_212
Patrick M, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Mr Bill

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments about the hotel & the key staff members Ms Novi & Ms Meta.

Patrick Murray

Jalan Pecenongan Kav 7-17, Jakarta 10120, Indonesia
Phone +62 21 231 6008
Fax +62 21 231 6007
Skype alila.patrick.m
Email pmurray@alilahotels.com
www.alilahotels.com

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed 1 single night for my short visit to Jakarta on Feb 2014. Everything is great in overall including attentive staff, quick check in/out, cozy atmosphere, wide spread of breakfast... The reason I had chosen the hotel is their advertising of nearby main tourist attractions around but actually those are quite far from the hotel, or do I have a bad navigation?

One minus from my own, I did disappoint about the scratchy wooden laminated floor in the room, it spoiled my feeling of decent condition of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pinky2510

Dear Pinky

Thank you for taking the time to give us you feedback and comments I am happy to hear you have enjoyed atmosphere and the friendly service you have received from the team. I will pass on your comments accordingly in our next briefing.

I have noted your point on the floor of you room which has since been rectified.

I look forward to welcoming you and back and thank you for choosing Alila Jakarta

Kind regards Patrick Murray

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The room are average but the service is great. The staff is very helpful and the hotel's strength is the spa. The location of the hotel is excellent. Close enough to all the main attractions and quiet enough for you to get a good night's sleep. The Balinese massage was truly relaxing! The buffet breakfast could have been better though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Great location. Nice cost room. Nice spacious room and bath room.
Nothing much to complain about this hotel except praises.
Staff is great too. Worth the money spent. Hotel also very clean. Room is clean.
Very good for business and family.
Will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

the main reasons to choose this hotel are:
the swimmingpool with superb sunbeds and
the coffee at breakfast.

for the rest it is a average hotel, it is clean, anonymous, good beds,
the location is far away from " everything" its a long trip with a taxi to shoppingmalls.
there are foodstalls and restaurants nearby.
the hotel offers airportservice for extra. so we wanted te be picked up.
after a long email discussion they offered a pick up for 480.000 rp.
we refused the offer, and accepted the first offer from the first taxidriver at the airport for 180.000
rp.
when we asked the reception about shoppingmalls they adviced us the plaza indonesia and grand indonesia.
these malls are only interesting if you are planning to buy a rolex or mercedes.
a better choice is atrium senen.( thanks to the doorman for his advice)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple