“"Surprise"”
Review of Alila Jakarta

Alila Jakarta
Ranked #31 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The name "Alila" means surprise in Sanskrit. It was a welcome surprise to arrive at this hotel in Jakarta, after a long, long trip from Madison, Wisconsin to Lax to Taipei to Jakarta! Pulling into the hotel, we had an "iffy" moment, as the location of the hotel is questionable. After checking in and exploring, we found that it was a very comfortable, contemporary hotel. We decided not to venture outside because of the location and heat, and there is a variety of amenities offered right in the hotel. The pool was wonderfully refreshing and it just so happened that when we left, we walked through the spa! So who wouldn't relish a relaxing treatment to regenerate our tired bodies? We were put in the hands of ladies who made us feel wonderful and relaxed for the first time in many, many hours! My little Indonesian girl was "Acca", and she made me feel wonderful for 1 hour. My thanks to Acca! We stayed in for dinner at the Buzz Restaurant, serving an International menu. The hotel also has a gym, meeting rooms for up to 500 people and very comfortable rooms. On the whole, it was a very pleasant and welcome experience for the first night in Indonesia.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Patrick M, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Ms Witt

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I really appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and I will personally tell Acca of your nice comments it is great to see staff mentioned by name.

I think you made the right choice to stay in and have a relaxing SPA with only an over night stay

I trust you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and hope that you will get a chance to return to Jakarta and spend some more time to explore this great city

We are only 10minutes from the Palace and 15 minutes from the centre of Jakarta FYI only for your next trip.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in April. The hotel is very central. We arrived late afternoon it was a very hot day and it was lovely to chill out by the pool after the hectic drive though Jakarta. Food in the restaurant was very good they even held back on the chillies when asked. The breakfast buffet was also very good. The hotel is modern,very clean and the staff are really helpful.We were also impressed by the presence of the GM Patrick at both breakfast and dinner.We ate in the main restaurant the first night and then the Chinese restaurant the second. Both meals very good wine quite expensive but not just here but all over Indonesia. House wine was ok though.
Shame we did not have more time as the coffee shop looked good too. I think the Chef did the breads and pastries at breakfast which were really good . It was really nice to have the pool and bar after long day sightseeing and it was a good place to take photos of the rooftops of Jakarta and listen to the call to prayer. Well done Alila

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Llyngwril

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities at the hotel.

I will certainly share your comments with the team it makes their day when I tell them how our guests enjoyed there stay and how we were able to satisfy our customers.

As a Team we will continue to strive to be better. thank you again for your lovely comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in Jakarta again

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Room was good. Very, very comfortable.

The massage at the spa was awesome! After a tiring day meeting potential clients, a massage is what you would want to get. Highly recommended!

Location is decent. Just get a cab to travel anywhere, the helpful staff can call a cab for you.

Speaking of the staff, they were great too. Really friendly and welcoming.

Dinner at the Shanghai Storm was good. Loved the Kung Pao chicken.

Overall, it was a great experience, and I will stay in this hotel again for my next trip Jakarta this year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Daemon

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Alila Jakarta I am pleased to see you enjoyed the SPA , Shanghai Storm and of course your positive comments about the staff.

I will certainly share your feed back with the team and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Jakarta

Reviewed 26 May 2014

we only stayed here one night in April 2014, we have used Jakarta as a one night recovery from previous flights to then fly on to Java next day. Staff were friendly and welcoming and the Hotel is clean and tidy, upon arrival you will be given the key to the free WIFI connection which works ok. The rooms are spacious and the bed was comfortable but the mini bar was empty, we would have expected some Water or Juices at least. Although our room was high up in the building, we heard the street noise. We had a look at the Restaurant prices and found they were very reasonable even though we have not used the restaurant. The breakfast experience was great, a truly global breakfast with everything anybody would want. We stayed here because initially we thought it would be close to the airport but it is not, there are other Hotels much closer to Jakarta Airport, so we would probably choose one of those rather then driving out all the way to Alila.

Room Tip: Bring yourself some soft drinks the minibar is empty
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ManuGermany

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback I do appreciate the positive comments you have made about the cleanliness of the hotel the complimentary wifi and our friendly staff.

In the event you do get to come back to Jakarta we do have other room types that may have suited you better with complementary mini bar available and even complementary evening drinks from 6-8pm. Im hopeful that next time you pass by you will give your self a bit more time to explore Jakarta and enjoy our location in the city. I agree when you are on a tight schedule distance and time are always key to ones priorities.

Again thank you for your comments and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very neat and clean business hotel.
The best part was the staff... very courteous, helpful and going out of their way to help.
The Executive deal is a REALLY good deal, and the lounge staff is VERY helpful.
We are vegetarians, so they specially got vegetarian dishes made for us at their evening buffet.
Extremely pleasurable visit
Also, it is very well located.. walking distance from the monument and museum. and very close to Plaza Indonesia as well.

Room Tip: Executive package is a Great deal!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Aditi

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate your vegetarian request and that you enjoyed the location and the nearby facilities.

I guess getting to know our guests and meeting there expectations is what will keep us in front of the pack and may we continue.

Aditi I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and I will pass your comments on to the team

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have used this hotel in Jakarta for the past 4 years or so, it has always been friendly without being pretentious. The club floor executive lounge is a perfect balance to be able to relax and also work during the day or night. Happy hour for 2 hours is nearly enough to go without dinner if you wish and the food is fresh and tasty. The cost is way below the larger chains and in my opinion the service is way above. I will definately be here again.

Room Tip: Take a room at the back away from the street and Mosque. Choose club floor, the free food and drinks...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kevin

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us I am pleased to hear you continue to be our loyal guest and your pleasure with the Club Floor Facilities.

I will certainly share your positive comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the hotel

Kind regards Patrick

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nothing exotic or unusual about this hotel. It just does what it is required to do and that is intended to be a compliment. Comfortable rooms and helpful staff. Reliable in all that it does. Good breakfast and some tasty street food just outside.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Patrick M, General Manager at Alila Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Chrissy

Thank you for you comments and feed back I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I do appreciate you comments on the team being helpful be assured I will certainly pass them on

Have a safe trip home and we look forward to welcoming you should you return to Jakarta

Kind Regards Patrick