“Nice spa, but..”

The Media Hotel And Towers
Ranked #181 of 469 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The room was a bit old, but still ok! We had dinner at one of the restaurants on the hotel. The quality of the food did not match the price, it was very expensive, the waiter was not very service minded and the food was not good.
The Akropolis spa is very nice. A good way to finish the day.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakob A
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Jakob A.,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are training our staff to bring a consistently higher level of service. Therefore we are grateful to hear your feedback. I will definitely share your less positive experiences with the concerned department head to avoid any of this happening again in the future.

I do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I booked this hotel because my boss REALLY dislike smoke, stucked in traffic jam and dodgy kind of hotel. We were there for an expo that was held in JIExpo. Boss was satisfied with the size of the room, the cleanliness and the breakfast that they served. We stayed at the top floor so we can choose two venues to have breakfast.

We have NOT even met a staff that was working there behaving unpleasantly. We were very lucky as all treated us with smiles and good day greeting.

I love the wide selection of food, drinks and even fruits!! The passion fruits were fresh and sweet. The breakfast spreads from western, indonesian, chinese (congee), kids with various cereal choices plus milk choices too!!

I had the chance to try out their spa and the saloon. The spa area's carpet should be changed or at least be better taken care off with proper vacuum. The massage room was quite small and a bit stuffy as the air-conditioner cool air was hardly felt (in my lame opinion). The lady who massaged me has good techniques.

The saloon's condition was just alright. I did a cream bath hair treatment. It was good. Though I have experienced better.

Room Tip: Stay at the executive floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear TurtleFan4,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our team, about the breakfast and the spa. We are very excited to hear that you and your boss had a great time while staying at our hotel and we do hope to welcome you back soon!

Algamar Idris,

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I'm a travel agent who tried to call the hotel several times to make modifications regarding one reservation that was made through our MUTUAL CUSTOMER. The person at the front desk who received my call just transferred me to the reservation department without any warning or without asking my concern. The reservation agent hung-up on me several times as well as the person at the frontdesk. I was very disappointed on how they treat me especially, the customer when I tried to make a conference call. These staffs should be trained properly to VALUE their customers, considering you're claiming that you're a five star hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank shi s
The-Media-Hotel, Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Shi S,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor with regards to your experience at our hotel. I was very concerned to learn about the difficulties you had.

Therefore I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and I can assure you that I have personally shared your comments with the related department heads for further investigation and improvement.

Once again, I sincerely apologize and I do hope that this experience would not diminish the good image of our hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I was mis-led by the picture of the hotel on their domain website. The rooms are old and falling apart. The lobby and lounge is infested with mosquitoes day and night. The rooms have awful smell and British style toilets for hot and cold taps and mix them yourself water. Very inconvenient hotel in terms of location, no shopping, no grocery stores nearby and worst no sim cards available for sale. I was stranded for 5 days at this hotel as I have pre-booked all of my meetings and I could not change them at the last minute. Not money's worth. It used to be Sheraton Media until Feb 2013 when Sheraton decided not to renew their contract as the hotel is falling apart from the inside. Not worth even a 3-star standard hotel. Not recommend anyone to stay here and experience what I experienced here. Awful hotel, awful services and awful smell in the rooms and corridor. Don't bother, there is a swiss hotel opposite it and a Novotel just few mins drive from this hotel on Mangadua mall, these two hotels, I have seen their room and they are worth their money and pure business hotel, convenient and lots to eat around....

2  Thank Anand S
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Similar to many I found the initial impression good but it does not stand up - its tired and it shows. showers and taps old and not efficient - good luck getting the right temp.The coffee machine looked new but tended to leak and the coffee was not as fine as expected. The chocs and piece of fruit that I ate on the first day were never replaced. Yes the pool was small but the staff were always friendly.
On the plus side security is very good and the hotel is very family friendly at the weekends the bar in the lobby was cleared in the day to become a children's play area, and there were lots of local families about. The"breeze" bar had a buffet which was poor at Rp 200,000 per person and morning service was so slow I had to leave before my egg arrived( so who came first?) and the lounge bar staff had no idea about cocktail and the g&t was very short on the g.Thai restaurant was excellent - had two fine meals and watched the fish in the pool outside.

2  Thank Steve361
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Steve361,

Thank you very much for taking to time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor.

We are training our staff to bring a consistently higher level of service. Therefore we are grateful to hear your feedback. I will definitely share your less positive experiences with the concerned department heads to avoid any of this happening again in the future.

On the other hand we are delighted to hear about your experience in Sukhothai Restaurant and in the Oasis Lounge. Your positive experiences will also be shared with the persons concerned. I am sure this will give them a boost of motivation to keep on going with their good work.

Please do except our apologies for the inconvenient experiences during your stay. I will assure you that we will take your feedback seriously and that we will work on further increasing the quality of our product.

I do hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The first impression when entering the room was a memory of my first trip to Singapore, staying in the then Sheraton (its now a condominium); i.e. Media Hotel&Towers was originally developed under Sheraton - and the rooms reflect the Sheraton design.
Actually, the room interior looks a bit old - but it is fully functional and you would not miss anything. The usual amenities for a 5 star hotel are available in the room as well as in the bathroom - if they do renovate, they should consider to replace the bath tub with a shower, though. The location is 5 to 10 minutes by taxi to the Expo and about 30 to 45 minutes to the airport. Despite the heavy traffic (the usual Jakarta problem) the rooms are quiet and offer decent sleep quality.
The coffee house ay the 6. floor offers breakfast, lunch and dinner - and also has outside seating at the pool side. Besides the coffee house there are a few restaurants (THai, Chinese etc) as well as some bars and lounges distributed on different floors.
The breakfast spread is fantastic, extra wishes will be fulfilled on the dot - and they serve freshly brewed coffee for breakfast - which is a plus!
Staff is great, service is excellent, whatever you need, they will try to accommodate your wishes.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank PetalingJayaHans47
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear PetalingJayaHans47,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience online!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in The Media Hotel & Towers for your next stay in North Jakarta.

Mr. Algamar Idris

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

I'm sure this place was above average many years ago, but now it's looking and feeling its age. It could really use a makeover.

The staff was friendly and courteous enough. The room was clean, but not exceptionally so, for the price it was not bad. I will probably try somewhere different on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank tyrerubber
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Tyrerubber,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Media Hotel & Towers. We believe that your comments will help us to upgrade the quality of our service.

We strive to maintain a high level of service, so I am pleased to hear your positive comment about our staff. Regarding your comment about the look and feel of our hotel I would like to let you know that we are working hard to increase our guest’s experience. Some renovations are already done, but others are still on process or on the planning to be done soon.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Best Regards,