“old but nice” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Media Hotel And Towers
Ranked #177 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
“old but nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

old hotel but nice people, good food too.. but too crowded in weekend so many kids, maybe because this hotel so friendly to kids, not good location, traffice jam but near to ancol area and kemayoran area,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear abi-Arief I

Thank you for taking the time providing us with the feedback about your stay with us. We are delighted to know that you are happy with our services and products. As we always make guest’s experience as priority, It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoying The Media Hotel & Towers with the surroundings.

Please let me know when you plan to visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity of better serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vatican City, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Repeated stays >12 before re-branding. Stayed 3 nights, everything looked like in need of renovation. Was upgraded to Jr Suite, with good space, view of the town, but run-down mattress.
Breakfast good for general comparison, but way under SE Asia 5* hotels.

Interestingly, out of the first 20 posters only 2 are positive, must be a coincidence that 2 of them live in Jakarta. Bet there is a real need for both hotel stays and tripadvisor review.

Room Tip: Don't know reasons for upgrade after re-branding, maybe 3 nights did it?
Dear Onobond,

Your constructive comments are really appreciated for our own improvement in the future

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I Chose the hotel in consideration of the proximity with the JIEXpo. And this is the only real positive I can find in the hotel.
The overall structure is very old with an arcane way to get to the lobby with a (one) very slow lift.
The staff is overall courteous and overall efficient.
The rooms are clean but rather old as is the bathroom with a rather non-efficient shower.
Breakfast is acceptable and reasonably prices at Rp.5000.
Overall the stay is OK, but if you are not attending a fair I am sure it is possible to find better hotels.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Vaccarile,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We believe that your comments will help us to upgrade the quality of our service.

Vaccarile, we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay with us and we had shared your comments with the team for our improvement.
Denpasar, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

No one greeted me at the lobby, no one picked my luggage.
i asked where the reception is and the bellboy appoint a small desk without any person near the stairs. i wait for several minutes and asked again to another bellboy, thank God he 'understood' me and escort me to the elevator.

Check in process was so so, there's a lady with no smile handled my check in. then i go to my room on 15th floor..
the room looks old and smelly. i checked the pillow and there are brown stain. behhh..
at 23.50 pm, somebody shouted along the corridor to wake his colleagues!!! SHOOT!!! CRAZy!! Ruined my sleep!

on the third day, i asked for the make up room.
when i got back to my room, the room looked nice until i found the pillow and bed cover with brown stain again!! did you change the pillowcase guys?

i wouldn't complain since i always back to the hotel at 11pm.

the breakfast area was nice but a lot of ants on the table.
the menu selection was huge and inconsistent.
the veggie juice flavors changed everyday.

but there's a lady in the concierge area, she's nice..
call a cab for me.

overall stay was disappointing..

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Frans Z,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very concerned about the
difficulties you faced during your stay with us. Therefore I would like
to apologize for the inconvenience and I can assure you that I have
personally shared your comments with the related department heads for
further investigation and improvement.

Once again, I sincerely apologize and I do hope that this experience
would not diminish the good image of our hotel.

Algamar Idris

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

First impression for Media hotel. Everything are good for me. Nice Bedroom , Toilet clean , Minibar Cold. Air conditioner (For several time i came to stay) sometimes not cold for Air conditioner (to Hot). Breakfast are good (so much food was being served) i like it. Front desk are kindly. good Security. and still same for all room can't smoke (poor me). That's the rules for that hotel ^,^ Swimming pool bad (not clean) to dirty.

Room Tip: whe sometimes i stay . Air Conditioner not Cold
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Jeffrey H.,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are training our staff to bring a consistently higher level of service. Therefore we are grateful to hear your feedback.
I will definitely share your less positive comments about the air-conditioning and the swimming pool with the concerned department heads to avoid this happening again in the future.

I do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Bandungan, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

please be careful , 1.5 liter mineral bottled is bar item. it cost Rp.23.000, on mini market Rp.3.000.
there is no mini bar item tag on the neck of bottled. it writes down on the menu list in the room.

Room Tip: better don't chose this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FritzKad
The-Media-Hotel, General Manager at The Media Hotel And Towers, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear FritzKad,

Thank you very much for your review. As you mention correctly we do charge for the large bottles of water. The small bottles of water however are offered complimentary and those are available in all rooms.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Kind Regards ,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 31 July to 3rd of August -2013.
This hotel is 5 star at cost of 4 star hotel
staff are friendly , many speak good English .
rooms are clean & of good size.
over all it is worth staying here
recommended to stay with family

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Rashidshaikh26,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Algamar Idris,