“Good spot for a Jakarta lay-over”
Review of Bandara Hotel

Bandara Hotel
Ranked #90 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 4 February 2014

On our way to an extended scuba trip in Eastern Indonesia, my buddy and I had a lay-over in Jakarta before connecting flights the next day. This property proved to be close, convenient and comfortable. Their shuttle service picked us up at the international terminal and then dropped us off at the domestic terminal smoothly and efficiently.
Hotel amenities include a nice restaurant with both buffet-style or menu and breakfast was included with our lodging. We also took advantage of the reasonable-priced onsite spa services to massage away the flight stiffness from our previous connecting flights. Not that I would want a lay-over in Jakarta, but one becomes necessary then I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank pvschmieder
Edward T, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear ‘pvschmieder’,

Thank you for staying with Sheraton Bandara Hotel, Jakarta.

We really appreciate the comments and rating that you have given to us in the tripadvisor website. It is right that our hotel location is just near the airport which is very convenient to most of our guest. Shuttle service from our hotel goes every 30 minutes and available for 24 hours so guest should not have any difficulties in reaching either place.

We are delighted to know that our services and facilities had made your day! I hope you have tried our Sheraton fitness by Core Performance also. You will feel refreshed after trying it.

‘pvschmieder’, we look forward to welcome you back in our property. Should you need my assistance please do not be hesitate to contact me.

Until then I remain with my warmest regards,

Edward tahalele

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Interesting property, this. The rooms and layout of the hotel feel more like a resort than an airport hotel. Having said that, the instant that you begin to think you've scored a nice resort room the cheap plastic wood-look flooring quickly brings you back to reality. Short of heading back to the airport there are no food options close-by therefore eating on-site is your only option. Very surprisingly the room-service menu has only Western options. The only Asian or slightly-local options on the menu are 2 items in the dessert category. The cheap fixtures, old bathrooms and tattered marketing materials in the room combined with menus full of American diner favourites result in an experience that feels distinctly like you're not in Indonesia - or anywhere in Asia for that matter. All in all this is an average hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank LuxeTravelerHK
SheratonBandara_11, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear ‘LuxeTravelerHK’,

Thank you for staying with us.
We really appreciate your comments and rating that you have given towards our property.

First and foremost I would like to extend my sincere apology regarding the shortcomings that you had to face during your visit with us. About the room conditions, we are actually undergoing room renovation project. We will slowly refurbish our rooms to meet guest satisfaction. Eventually there will be no more old bathrooms and chipped materials, we do this all to make guests feel more comfortable.

And regarding the room service menu we have checked with our menu book and found that there are many asian food menu options there. But we have conveyed your comments to the Food & Beverage department. A corrective action will be taken immediately.

‘LuxeTravelerHK’, once again we do regret for the inconvenience situation that you had during your stay. I hope we can welcome you back here in the soonest time and will assure you to have a better experience. Should you need any further clarification do not be hesitate to reach me. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here to avoid city traffic before catching a flight. The hotel looks good and has one of the better spa & gyms i've seen in hotels. Breakfast and lunch buffet offer a wide selection of foods and the a-la-carte food quality is fine too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NLIvor
Edward T, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear ‘NLIvor’,

Warmest greeting from Sheraton Bandara Hotel.

We have reviewed your comments and are really pleased with it. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Talking about our gym, Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance is our Brand Signature at Sheraton Worldwide. The sports equipment that we provide just make it easier to do exercise. It is the place where the healthiness is.

It is deligted to know that you enjoyed with our food selection offer and we have conveyed your recognition to our cullinary team. The next you come we will ensure it will be another best moment for you and family.

‘NLIvor’, we really appreciate all the compliments that you have given to our property. I hope to welcome you back in the soonest time.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have been staying here for a while now. Living in middle east, its such a treat to see lots of trees over here.This hotel is a bit old; but its very big, charming& comfy. We feel like we are at home..& my husband said that staying here makes him relax.

It need a bit of maintenance really..if only the management can do this job. And mosquitoes are everywhere; so ask the staff for mosquito repellent. The room is big, the bed is comfy, & they have a lot of TV channels..its impressive!
The food is good..and the staff are amazing. They are so warm and helpful. My special thank you for the poolbar staff& the concierge.

I was sick for few days w fever&cough, and 1 day I was craving for street food. The concierge gladly get the order from me-while I was recovering in the room. All these small things really makes us impressed.

My husband is a pilot, and he has been requesting for jakarta flight a lot lately just so he can stay here..& We are planning to come here every month now for our regular getaway. Definitely will be their regular customer!!!

Give it a try..you will love it

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank eurasian_lady
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear 'eurasian_lady',

Thank you so much for connecting with us through the TripAdvisor website!
We are very proud to read your comments and your positive experience while in residence with us.
Our 9 hectares of wonderful and lush greenery and our 6 pavilions set into those wonderful, natural dwellings have been complimented by many. We have received comments like 'Bali of Jakarta', 'resort', 'SPA and Fitness weekend get away', etc. over the years and we are very proud of our hotel and surroundings.
Very few hotels can boast about 9ha of lush greenery as well as a 1000 square meter SPA and Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance.
Indeed, we are so happy to receive your endorsing comments and we like to thank you and your husband for your continued support.
We look forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Bandara Hotel!
Safe travels and warm regards,
Andreas

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Being close to Jakarta airport is probably all this hotel offers. The staff are pleasant.
Catching an early morning flight and wanting to avoid the city traffic made me choose this hotel only.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank PutriBali1

Dear 'PutriBali',

Thank you for connecting with us through the TripAdvisor site.
We have read your comments and would like to thank you for your feedback.
Please note that to date we were able to renew 70 rooms of our current inventory. We have also been able to renovate our 1000 square meter SPA and Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance in June this year. Our renovation projects are ongoing and we hope to see that by end 2015 all projects will be completed as this is a 9ha property with many
Our management and owners are committed to these projects as are our associates and their training programs are on line with customer expectations and needs. Of course we would like to have constant improvements and ongoing projects and will strive to do so.
We look forward to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Safe travels and warm regards,
Andreas

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night before coming back to Perth. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant and breakfast service and food is good. The grounds and swimming pool area are excellent and we enjoyed an evening swim in the large warm pool. The hotel is quiet even though it is close to the airport. The airport shuttle service is excellent to the hotel and back to the airport. The hotel is in need of an upgrade but it is still a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Edward T, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear ‘sbjsteven’,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely comments towards our property through tripadvisor.com.

We are glad that you had a memorable moments experience during your stay with us. To make you feel just like at home, that is one of our goals here, and we are happy to know that we have succeeded in doing so.
It is also delighted to know that you and your wife can enjoy the landscape and facilities that we provide, we are very pleased to hear this.

On another note about your overall breakfast experience: I have personally conveyed your positive comments to our Food & Beverage team. Slowly but sure, we are undergoing hotel renovation projects that expected to be done by the end of this year.

‘sbjsteven’, Once again we extend to you our heartfelt gratitude for your positive words of mouth. We are looking forward to welcome you back here and should you need any assistance please do not be hesitate to contact me.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

On a recent business trip I stopped over for one night here arriving and departing in the dark.
Therfore I will reserve in fairness my comments to the hotel room. While a good dimension the fittings especially in the bathroom were in need of renovation and it didn't say five star but closer to three.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear ‘Kevin H’,

Thank you for spending some of your precious time for sharing your thoughts through tripadvisor website.

We extend our gratitude for bringing this matter to our attention regarding the overall bathroom condition. We do regret that we failed to reach your satisfactory experience and we are aware that some of our rooms are in need of upgrading. Therefore, we have already started room refurbishment project since last year and so far have completed 60 rooms and still counting.

Please accept our apology that we were unable to furnish you with this new refresh room due to high occupancy we experienced however we are very pleased to showcase our new product should you have any plan to visit us again in the future. Our guest satisfaction is very important for us, and we will ensure that they have the best time during their stay.

‘Kevin H’, Please let me know if you are coming back to our property and we will ensure to provide you with our best service.

Until then I remain with my warmest regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta
#134 of 468 in Jakarta
Orchardz Bandara
Orchardz Bandara
#13 of 55 in Tangerang

Been to Bandara Hotel? Share your experiences!