“Nice Environment ...!!!”
Review of Bandara Hotel

Bandara Hotel
Ranked #74 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

A very nice environment hotel 5 min from the airport . The pool area is very quiet and pleasant . The only problem was that the pool bar was closed for renovation . But in the rest , the staff is very friendly and respectful ...

• Stayed: July 2014
Edward T, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear ‘ghetzel’,

Thank you for staying with Sheraton Bandara Hotel.

We have reviewed your comments on tripadvisor and would like to thank you for your positive word of mouth. I hope we accommodate you very well and you enjoyed your stay.
I will personally extend your compliment to our associates and we will ensure to deliver the constant service to our guests.

‘ghetzel’, on this opportunity I am happily informing you that we have completed our pool project and now we have come up with our new food and beverage venue which is called Sambal Tapas a combination of Spanish and Indonesian food. We are officially open on the 2nd August 2014. Please do visit us again and you can also enjoy our new outdoor bar and lounge. We look forward to have you again in our property. Have a pleasant day!

Until then I remain with my warmest regards,

Edward Tahalele
Executive Assistant Manager

There are newer reviews for Bandara Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ok, haven't stayed here for a few years and nothing has changed. The hotel has a large low density space, and this is not ok because of the long walk to your room. Rooms are large and spacious, but the bathrooms have seen better days, and seem like something out japan. Lastly, there can be mosquitos in the room, due to the area. There is pest control stuff available in the room, and I recommend that you use it. The hotel is otherwise, an ok Airport hotel and the free shuttle to the airport is convenient. Chances are you will be one of the only ones staying here who is not flight crew.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles H
Edward T, Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear ‘Charles H’,

Warmest greeting from Sheraton Bandara Hotel, Jakarta.

Thank you for staying with us and for commenting on tripadvisor as your feedback and comments will help us to deliver a better services and facilities.
Regarding the distance to rooms, since we are located near the airport, we are unable to build a high building because it will disturb the air traffic, thus instead of high our building is wide and this brings the look of low density space. We are also undergoing room renovation, this includes the bathroom as well. Hopefully by end of this year we would complete all the rooms. The progress is slower now due to the high occupancy in our property.

‘Charles H’, we do apologize for any unpleasant moment that you had. But we really look forward to welcome you back here. Should you need any help for your next stay please contact me directly for an assistance and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Warmest Regards

Edward Tahalele
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at the Bandara on a short layover between international flights last month. It was a comedy of errors.

First, though they do arrange a complimentary shuttle to the hotel, the airport agent was neither where I was told she would be when I'd originally called to arrange the pick-up, nor was she outfitted the way I was told she would be. It was only by considerable searching and a lot of luck that I found her. Bottom line: If you do avail of the free shuttle upon arrival, get very clear directions on where to meet the rep and be prepared to possibly wait for some time, as they run every 30 minutes (rather than on demand) so you might have to wait for other arriving guests

Anyway, the misadventure continued...After a very pleasant and welcoming check-in, I couldn't print my boarding pass after repeated attempts at either of the the computer terminals they sent me to. (Ironic for a quasi-airport hotel, eh?) In addition, I couldn't sign out of my gmail account at one of their computer terminals until after many efforts and consultations with various hotel personnel. Long story short - between the boarding pass and gmail glitches, I wasted nearly 90 minutes during a very short stay.

As for the hotel itself, the staff was quite nice and did try to be helpful in dealing with its malfunctioning computer terminals.

Also, I couldn't control the air conditioner in the room. Despite what temperature the controls indicated, it was either off (and oddly, kind of cold in the room) or on (and very cold).

It was dark, so I didn't really get a chance to check out the grounds and pool.

Later, after writing to the hotel about my difficulties (something I never do, but as I've noted this was an unprecedented comedy of errors) I received a borderline unprofessional note from the general manager there in reply. He claimed that they had place me in a "limousine" (simply a regular car, and more important it saved me virtually no time) for my ride to the airport, asserted that there was nothing wrong with their computer equipment (despite the documented problems of their own personnel using two different terminals for tasks as simple as printing a boarding pass and logging out of gmail, and the simple matter of a guest having to waste 90 minutes on these processes during a short stay) and ignoring the snafu with the nearly failed airport pick-up. Not the worst problems in the world, to be sure, but the nature of his reply actually reflected the opposite of decent customer service. It soured me on the reliability of the place for longer stays or in dealing with more important matters. I'd recommend against it, even for a brief stopover and certainly for longer stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Southside
Edward T, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear 'Southside',

Thank you for connecting with us through TripAdvisor!

It is with regret to hear that you have had a disappointing stay with us at Sheraton Bandara and I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings. I did mentioned in our email correspondence that we have had a few weeks ago. In regards to my communication to your good self I do apologize if you found it ‘near unprofessional’ and I do regret that my response made you take the time to voice your opinion on this website.

We appreciate the kind words you had for Arief our Concierge and the Reception team regarding your check in experience.

I wish to apologize once again for the misfortunes these couple of incidents may have caused and that we lacked skill and resolution processes in a more speedy fashion. We have addressed these matters to our team since and assure you that these instances of failure to serve effectively are a thing of the past.

Once again, I do hope we are able to make up for the shortcomings and would like to invite you to a personal email correspondence regarding a solution to this unfortunate matter.
With warmest regards and sincerest regrets,

Andreas Rud

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Again and again, I stay at Sheraton Bandara every time I visiting Jakarta.
The Hotel was nice, the service provided is excellent, the room was very nice ( get upgrade to Junior suite as a SPG gold memeber )
Good shuttle service to and from the airport a very friendly staff.
Recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AlbertSiauw
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear 'Albertusguntur'

Thanks for staying with us on your trip to Jakarta, again!
We really love the fact that we have such loyal and supportive guests such as your good self. It makes us very proud to hear that you are coming back 'again and again' as it is a clear message to our associates that we connect with our guests and enable them to reach their potential while staying here.
Thank you again and please make sure to let me know when you are coming back to our hotel again as I would really like to meet you in person and thank you for the many proud smiles you have given our team this morning in our briefing.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

With good shuttle service to and from the airport a very friendly accomodating staff greats you when checking in. The Bandera is conveniently located 10 minutes from the Jakarta International airport. A nice pool for that refreshing dip after a long flight and nice bar food. The accommodation need major upgrading. The rooms are rundown and definitely are not up to Sheraton standards. It may be the only show in town next to the airport but that is no excuse for the chain not to renovate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dentdoctraveler
Andreas R, General Manager at Bandara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear 'dentdoctraveler'
Thanks for your feedback and for connecting with us here at Sheraton Bandara as well as the traveling community!
We thank you very much for your kind feedback from your stay.
For future convenience we would like to inform you that our airport representative in charge of shuttle service is always located on the left exit after the arriving guests clear baggage clearance.
We have a 24 hour shuttle operating and a last/first flight airport representative at the International Terminal 2D.
Please note also that we are able to be more efficient and effective when we receive prior flight and time of arrival in order to inform our team at the airport.
We are very grateful for your comments and it will enable us to become better with every experience.
In regards to room renovations we are currently upgrading our rooms and also some public facilities.
We would also like to inform you that we will have our new Sambal Tapas ready for our guests latest end of this month with a grand opening following on August 23. This new and incredibly gorgeous Pool Bar/Lounge venue will be the talk of the town for its innovative cocktails, the Tapas selection and of course the most amazing sunset experience in Jakarta!
We look forward to see you real soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel once in 2010 and once this spring, and we had great experiences both times. If you're a Starwood Preferred Guest, it's only 3000 points for a free night, which is rare to find anymore for anything decent.

We were just passing through both times, so we just wanted to crash near the airport and head out. The free airport shuttle can be tough to find (especially if you get in late), but we always managed to find it eventually.

We were upgraded this last time to a lovely suite, and it was great. It's true that it's not the newest hotel in the world, but the nicely carved wood furniture and pretty Indonesian batiks and fabrics (to me) age nicely, the grounds are lush and beautiful, we thought the restaurant was fine (we had a late night dinner and enjoyed the satay with peanut sauce), and I would be happy to stay here again (and will the next time we go through Jakarta again).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear 'Chiyojoy'

Thank you very much for your support to our hotel and the loyalty to Starwood Preferred Guest Loyalty Program!
We are indeed very thrilled whenever we have our team welcome returning guests and we do appreciate the fact that after some years we were still one of your preferred hotel.
We will soon open our newest addition to our venues of restaurants. The actual date is August 23, 2014.
Sambal Tapas will be our first new trendy, chill out Bar Lounge at our Poolside overlooking the lake and taking in the panoramic views of beautiful Banten Province.

We look forward to have you stay with us soon again.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel three separate times in the last month as it is a very convenient transit hotel when passing through Jakarta. It is near the airport, and there is a free 24 hr shuttle. Send the hotel via email your flight details and they meet you at the airport. Despite one flight delay, the Sheraton representative was always waiting for us, domestic or international terminal, and ready to assist with luggage and locating the shuttle. The shuttle is fast and efficient and it's very well run.

Check in is fast and easy - as well as check out. Staff here are plentiful and helpful. There are two restaurants - we tried them both. The buffet is very extensive for breakfast, lunch and dinner with excellent and international offerings. The upstairs restaurant, offering Asian ala carte cuisine, was also very good.

Mosquito nets are available on request (and suggested!). The pool is very nice. They also have a very nice spa offering massage, etc. on site. An ATM is within walking distance. However, the hotel is a ways from Jakarta - perfect if you are just going in and out of the airport, but if you need or want to be downtown this is probably not the hotel for you.

This is an older property - which isn't itself a problem. We did experience three very different room experiences here. The first room we had seemed the oldest - it was basically fine, clean - but in the bathroom there were some gaps in the floor and counters filled with caulk, etc - it was all perfectly acceptable but just seemed like some areas needed repair. Maintenance was ongoing with some new construction and painting, etc., which didn't bother us. This room had no amenities other than soap and shampoo, and did not have any kind of brochure on pool or spa or restaurant hours, etc. However, water was provided (bottled) in good amounts.

The second visit we got a free upgrade to a junior suite and that was very nice - a completely renovated new room with tons of amenities - everything from a sewing kit to a loofah. Still no brochure with basic hotel information though.

The third stay, we got a room that had clearly been updated and had about half the amenities of the suite - certainly everything a reasonable person would need, including razor, toothbrush, comb, etc. This had one booklet on room service food available but no other hotel info/hours. Had to call room service for a mosquito net and it took 3 tries to get someone to pickup. It was just interesting how these things, as well as the general modern condition of the rooms, varied so much. That said - all three were clean and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in any of them again.

Internet was always speedy and available with a decent wi-fi connection anywhere in the hotel. Overall, this place has everything you need for a transit stay, plus great staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DAEsmae

Dear 'DAEsmae'

Thank you so much for your very objective feedback to us and the travelers out there.
We greatly appreciate your kind summary of your stay with us.
We are indeed working on several renovation projects in our rooms as well as public areas and even in the 'Heart of the House' in order to make our hotel constantly better in facilities but also through training of our associates.
Your thorough recap of your stay has been discussed in our briefing with respective department heads and associates responsible for the areas.
Once again, thank you so much for the positive and kind praises you have for our team and the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Warm regards,
Andreas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Jakarta Airport Hotel
POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta
#138 of 464 in Jakarta
Swiss-Belinn Airport Jakarta

Been to Bandara Hotel? Share your experiences!