Sari Pacific Jakarta
Kosenda Hotel(Jakarta)
US$66
US$55
Agoda.com
All reviewspacific loungefiesta restaurantsabang streetjapanese restaurantstrategic locationspecial thanksbusiness tripcar free dayother hotelssecond homewalking distancehotel is locatedgrand indonesiafront office staffrooms are spaciousenjoyed my stayfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

After checking in my thanks for information go to 'Guest Relations" the heart of help.
Should you have the pleasure of meeting 'Hema' you will be an expert about the Sari Pan plus a knowledge of Jakarta and where to go for your requirements.

Sitting in the 'Lobby Bar' I was amazed by watching a young lady "Hestyssa" with arrangements for the flower display, truly an art and not noticed by guests in the norm. After a little conversation she explained just what goes on in her department. Many thanks Hesty.

I was about to ask for more space as I wanted to make one last comment regarding "Tri" at the front desk. She seemed new to the hotel but was full of knowledge, many thanks but most of all was a "Sari Smile" she had as the hotel was known the hotel with a smile. Is it back?

Room Tip: A personal choice is the 12th floor. After leaving your room you are greeted by room service with a warm "Good Morning" and then the "Business Centre" at no extra cost it makes my day.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Christopher S
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Mr Christopher S

Firstly let me thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. I am always delighted to welcome you back and I look forward to your visit this coming NY Years.

It is greatly appreciate that you recognize our associates and I am grateful that you remember their names. I shall personally thank all of them on your behalf. I am proud of the excellent service that all of our associates embody and I am delighted that you experienced this wonderful and heartfelt Indonesian Hospitality. Thank you for your patience and enduring effort to take time to speak to many of our associates in order to understand their role better. It is wonderful to have guests like you and I know that our associates appreciate your curiosity!

Once again I look forward to personally welcome you back for your stay at the end of this year!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very strategic place, everything was good, staff was very good natured friendly and helpful wonderful service, Clean and comfortable, Pacific Room is very recomended for stay

hope there is a chance a few more nights

Room Tip: choose Pacific Room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hasan_ah2
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Hasan_ah2,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Sari Pan Pacific Hotel Jakarta. It is wonderful to read that our associates met all of your expectations and I am delighted that you enjoyed our Indonesian Hospitality. Our Pacific Club Rooms are indeed amongst the largest Executive Club Rooms in Jakarta (60m2) which provides a lot of space to relax and enjoy your Hotel experience.

Our location is indeed very strategic as it provides easy access to all of central Jakarta. I hope you will have your chance soon to return and enjoy or Hotel once again for a few more nights.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hotel was nice , but bit old styled,, everything was good , staff was very good natured. Except one incident happened , that room service person once entered my room without informing me , when i was sleeping.

2  Thank simplyshivam

Dear simplyshivam

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. I really appreciate you recognizing our associates for their good nature and great service. I am sorry that someone entered your room without proper notification to you and I shall personally speak to our housekeeping and mini-bar teams to ensure such incidents do not happen again in the future.

I hope you will return to Jakarta and Sari Pan Pacific in the very near future. Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the first time. Room seems to have been refurbished. Clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. Due to short stay I have yet to sample the Japanese food but was told it is one of the best in town. Maybe next trip will give it a try. Lounge area is reasonably space for some business conversation. The hotel is quite near shopping complexes though you may wish to take a taxi if you don't like walking.

1  Thank ajghazali
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear ajghazali,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. I greatly appreciate your comments regarding the excellent service by our associates who always display their warm Indonesian Hospitality. Our Keyaki Japanese restaurant continues to be recognized as one of the top Japanese Restaurants in Jakarta and I truly hope you will find the time to experience this restaurant during one of your future visit.

Sarinah shopping mall is certainly within walking distance (you may wish to ask our associates for directions during your next stay) while some of the larger International Malls (Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia) are best accessed with by a 10 minute taxi ride.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope to welcome you back to Sari Pan Pacific in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Location: Along arterial road, in between Plaza Indo and Monas
Hotel: 1 building with one side facing the main road, pool + gym
Room: Decent size for a metro, mini-bar, table, couple of sofas
Positives: Location, wonderful service, decent size room
Negatives: Very dated bathroom, faulty shower
Ranking at time of writing: #34 of 281 in Jakarta

I opted for Sari Pan because I had some work in Menara Thamrin which is right across the street. The hotel looks dated from outside with its architecture from a few decades ago, but that is reflected in the price versus the newer hotels down the street. The lobby is spacious lined with staff all over. The check-in was quick, the receptionists were courteous and smiling. My room was facing the main road, but I didn't have any problems with traffic noise.

The room was of a good size, had twin beds, a wardrobe with a locker, TV, mini-bar, a table and a couple of sofas. But the bathroom was very disappointing, the WC was very old, the bathtub very dated, the shower was dysfunctional. They did provide few basic toiletries.

My room rate included breakfast and wi-fi, but no internet. The breakfast was average, nothing special to write home about. The wi-fi was quick.

The service was typically Asian, of high standards.

I would probably look for another hotel if I am in Jakarta again and am not bound to stay in this location.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the main road, but didn't have any problems with noise.
1  Thank Traveleator
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Traveleator

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our Hotel is indeed in its 38th year of operation and thus does not look as modern as some newer properties in Jakarta. Our lobby however is typical of an older era of Hotels with high ceilings, lots of space and light and of course all of our smiling associates make for a wonderful atmosphere.

In the past few years we have replaced all “soft goods” in our rooms (Televisions, Bed and Linen, Safety Deposit Boxes, Mini Fridge,) and we now need to undergo a full refurbishment to address the remaining fixtures. I certainly agree that our bathrooms require a lot of attention and while we wait for our owners approval Hotel management focuses on overall cleanliness of our rooms.

Thank you for your comments regarding our services especially from all of our associates and I sincerely hope you will return to Pan Pacific Jakarta in the future.