“IF you're business man it's good choice to stay here!”

Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta
Ranked #55 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Well, the hotel is located at the city center. it's easy for you to get food, cinema, store etc. it's also near to the highway. If you noted, most of the people stay here is business man so they stay here to get an easy access. therefore, no worry! staffs are friendly to help and assist you with transportation or simple question e.g. where to buy Batik cloth?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Desieys

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. Our Location is indeed a very good location within Central Jakarta with easy access to many central businesses as well as shopping and entertainment districts. During weekdays our Hotel is mostly frequented by business travelers and on weekends we also enjoy many leisure guests coming to enjoy our city.

To answer your question about where to purchase Batik, I would strongly recommend Sarinah Department Store which is no further than a five minute walk of our Hotel. Sarinah is a local Department store and the top shopping floors are full of Indonesian Textiles and Art and here you will find some of Jakarta’s largest Batik selections.

I hope you will return to Jakarta and Sari Pan Pacific in the very near future and I am confident you will find some very nice Batik the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at SariPan Pacific only for one night at July 4th 2014 for business. this is not the first time i stay. I really enjoyed it, it's location are near the National monument, Gambir Station and also in the night you could do window shopping at sarinah plaza or culinary night at street sabang. The room is clean, accessories almost complete (it has iron with table and other stuff, but i couldn't find shoe cleaner and comb), breakfast are good and i think it's an old fashion hotel. The staff are kind, but i was having a bad experience during the night. While i check in, i asked the receptionist to make a woke up call at 3 a.m so i can sahur early for fasting, but i never receive the woke up call and i woke up at 4.30 and nearly miss the sahur. Overall, this is a good hotel for those who like to stay near centre of city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear mirwan_p

Many thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel Jakarta. Thank you for recognizing our very good location within Central Jakarta and I am glad you enjoy the adjacent restaurant and shopping districts all of which are within walking distance of our Hotel. While our Hotel is certainly starting to show its age we continue to focus on excellent service as well as the overall cleanliness of our Hotel.

I am very sorry for your experience regarding your wakeup call and I have personally discussed the importance of all wake up calls as this is a very basic expectations that all of our Hotel guests have. Thankfully you still had time to have your important meal prior to fasting and once again I am sorry for failing to wake you up at your desired time.

I hope you will return to Jakarta in the very near future and once again choose Sari Pan Pacific Hotel as your Hotel.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nothing bad about this hotel, prime location, little old hotel but still nice. Friendly staff and of course food is amazingly good. Room facility is good enought. The only make me unhappy is the receptionist girl. I was line up to check me in. And I'm at first line there. But why she want to try to help somebody behind me? This is because I'm domestic tourist and person behind me is international tourist with a lot of money? I don't really understand with this situation. They need to teach her how to serve all the guest without any discrimination....

Room Tip: If you choose cheapest room, they will give you room in the last end...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dion L

Dear Dion L

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel. We greatly appreciate your review of our service and food offerings as well as our location within Central Jakarta.

I am also unhappy to read about your check in experience and can assure you that all or our training tries to empathize the importance of serving our guests on a first come basis. We would never tolerate selecting guests on nationality or financial status and following your review we have once again stressed the importance of this practice.

I hope you will soon return to Jakarta and once again stay at Sari Pan Pacific Hotel so we can demonstrate that your experience is not our normal practice.

Once again many thanks for posting your review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Sari Pan Jakarta is one of recomended hotel, and i always choose to stay there. The staff services is always come from their heart and that's one the reason i stay in this hotel. Ms. Hema is always stand by at Lobby Area for our needs, never mind to help the guest in all conditions.Her kindness and smiling is one of the hotel assests.

1  Thank noribunh
Golly L, Executive Assistant Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Noribunh,
Thank you for taking your time to complete this review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your recent stay with us and I will definitely share your high comments toward our associates to the entire team. We will ensure that you will have the same experience on your next stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'm staying at SariPan Pacific for 4 nights for business. At first I was impressed by the hotel decoration. I really enjoyed it! Also my room is clean and the location of the hotel is excellent.
The one thing that stands out at this hotel is the kindness of the staff. I appreciate very much the kindness and the assistance of the two persons of the hotel staff named Sofyan and Harris. They are very friendly and helpful every time I talked to them, and that really means a lot.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others and will likely stay here again.

1  Thank adi_dk
Golly L, Executive Assistant Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Adi_dk,
Thank you for taking your time to share this review on Tripadvisor, we are exceptionally happy to hear that you really enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will definitely share your high comments toward our staff to the entire team in Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta. Feedback from guests is invaluable to us as it allows us to continually monitor and improve our service standards to our guests and I sincerely thank you for your comments. May I take this opportunity to say that we all look forward to welcoming you back to Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room was not as big as I thought it would be. I booked a room for 2 persons, the complimentary service I received however is only for 1 person, 1 welcome drink, 1 slipper, 1 chair in the room. And the only hotel I've stayed so far charged me for service to waive the parking ticket fee as hotel guest. Not much Rp. 5,000 but still I did not expect this from a star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar
1  Thank Hanita H

Dear Hanita,
Thank you for taking your time to complete this review in Tripadvisor and we have learned of the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced as a result of housekeeping services in our guest room. As for the parking fee, allow me to shortly brief you on the parking charges. We outsource our parking management to an outsider company and guest will only pay the initial charges of IDR 4,000 per entrance whereby the hotel will absorb the remaining cost of parking charges regardless number of hours incurred.
Once again our sincere apologies, and I hope our shortcomings will not place us in your permanent disfavor. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

stayed here for 4 days 3 nights from 13-16 June 2014. i decided to come back and stay here since my last stay in March 2012.

check in was smooth and all my booking requirements were met.

noted that the tv had changed to a flat screen, the pillows had been changed too. but the rest remains.

they had changed the toiletries in the bathroom with very minimum supplies i.e. bath and shampoo and a toothbrush. the quality of the bath gel and shampoo were horrible. expected more from a Pan Pacific.

breakfast was so-so..not what a Pan Pacific should give.

they charged an admin fee of Rp4,000 for car park for one car per room. this is new and there was also no free shuttle to the airport as provided before this.

location wise : very convenient to the 24 hrs Burger King and Starbucks. Walking distance to the Sarinah shopping complex and lot of eateries at Jalan Sabang.

overall, good stay but won't come back. there's a lot of better hotels in the surrounding areas which provided good value for more and more luxury.

i'm staying here just because of GHA member.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank akublues
Golly L, Executive Assistant Manager at Sari Pan Pacific Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Akublues,
Thank you for taking your time to exchange your review in Tripadvisor during your recent stay with us. The hotel has been established since 1976 and indeed the product is considerably old by now, but we have managed to upgrade some of our facilities as you mentioned. I fully agree with some of your findings during your stay, this unquestionably needs a renovation and we have been working closely with our owner to have a total renovation for the entire hotel. Once again, thank you for sharing this with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at Sari Pan Pacific on your next visit to Jakarta.