“Getting old but still reliable”

Le Meridien Jakarta
Ranked #38 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Melbourne
“Getting old but still reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I've been staying for 7 years (4 - 8 stays per year) and I don't mind this hotel despite it having a tired feel. My last stay was early january 2013.

The deluxe rooms in the tower are the better ones to book, they've been recently refurbished and are a bit more modern.

This is an old hotel so don't book here if you are looking for something swanky. But I do like the homey feel that the Le Mer has and the staff definitely make it - they are great and so willing to help.

The executive lounge on Level 20 of the tower is excellent and one of the better ones amongst the SPG hotels that I visit, comfortable, good wifi, spacious and a good selection of snacks and drinks. It also has a really nice view.

The hotel is currently undergoing a few renovations which might cause some disruption. In reality management ought to embark on large scale renovations to ensure that this continues to be a popular hotel in a prime location.

Room Tip: Worth paying the little extra to get into the deluxe rooms in the tower.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear benwMelbourne,

Thank you for your kind words about our service and facilities at Le Meridien Jakarta. We are proud having you as our loyal guest and your feedbacks are greatly valued. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. Yes Sir, you are correct! Le Meridien Jakarta is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. I am glad to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be redesigning and renovating our superior rooms. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Isrin Virgasari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I recently stayed at the Le Meridien while I was in Jakarta on business for a week. On previous trips to Jakarta I've stayed in a number of hotels. Le Meridien ranked near the top. The hotel is well maintained, the rooms as well as the public spaces. The breakfast buffet is fantastic. The gym and spa are other highlights. Although the rooms are rather small, they contain all of the necessities. I upgraded to a room on the executive floor and was glad I did. The lounge served an array of snacks and beverages every morning and evening, and the service was excellent. Plus, the upgrade was relatively inexpensive.

I am currently staying at another hotel in the area, and have been disappointed. The next time I come to Jakarta I will be back at the Le Meridien.

Room Tip: Definitely take advantage of the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear balibeachboy,

Thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We are very pleased that you have had a great time during your staying with us and it’s always great to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities. We hope that your next visit will be a pleasant and memorable stay as the previous one.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I would like share my bad experience for fist time stay in Le Meridien Hotel.

I did reservation through phone for weekend stay with several requested. After that I made another 3 calls in different days to ensure the request is get attention & smooth once check in process (last call in the day in morning before check in).

I went to Reservation desk at 4pm on , handled by front desk staff (Fian). He handled me with not effective & fast.

I really disappointed once he mentioned that the room are per requested is not available due to any 1 room got extended check out. For me, this kind situation will make me really really very disappointed and therefore prior check in I did 3 calls in different days. Proven, the situation happened in Le Meridien.

I have requested the detail explanation from GM or anybody in charge as MOD (Manager On Duty) . Otherwise I will write the complaint.
Once check out time, no front desk staffs mentioned sorry and telling the next action plan. Until today I write this mail, nobody contact me.

This is proven as very low standard service level in Le Meridien. I NEVER met this kind situation WITHOUT FAST RESPONSE from 5 star Hotel management in other country, even in local 5 star hotel.

Hope Le Meridien can choose great Management to lead to leverage culture of high level services standard through Training , Staff Profile , Internal Process improvement (Reservation-Front Desk), etc.

Other note:
-Breakfast menu is good, but the staffs did personal chit chat with high sound then everybody can hear it.
-Room was good condition. Bath room have problem in water circulation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Mr. Didisumadi,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Jakarta for your recent stay and the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us, so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. I was greatly concerned to hear about the circumstances that occurred,
you were disappointed due to the unpleasant experienced during your staying with us.

On behalf of the hotel management, let me take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience. I did investigation related your history stay, I found in our reservation system that our staff already noted all your request and explained it's subject to room availability. Unfortunately on your period stay the room requested is not available. However we upgraded your room to next category which suit to your requested. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at reservation.jakarta@lemeridien.com. Le Meridien Jakarta is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed here with my family because of the flood so we can't went home. Although the hotel is dated we still feel the class and the service for the standard. Room is not very spacious but just enough. Breakfast is above standard but not one of the best. Pool is very dated though and not inviting, gonna need renovation. Location is very centralized and easy to access and get around.
I recommend the Lebanese restaurant here, quite tasty.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear jrifter,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your comments about spacious the service, location and the food especially at Al Nafoura Lebanese Restaurant. Also, thank you for bringing to our attention the issue with the room and other facilities condition. About the room, I am happy to inform you that we have plan to redesigning and renovating our older rooms. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta in nearest future.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed here in October on Business.

From start to finish had problems. No recognition of Starwood status

There is major construction work near the hotel going on which affects anyone on that side of the building - at previous hotels i have been pre-warned or at the very least told at check in and apologies given , yet none of this happened.

Rooms were extremely shabby and belong in the 80's. The room i was given was so noisy even at 11pm at night I requested to be moved and had to wait 2 hrs for this to happen despite being a platinum starwood member. Next room had curtains coming down which I pointed out to them each day for 3 days but were never fixed....

Not quite sure what makes this hotel 5* but Starwood should certainly look to rennovate entirely.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear Charleyquant,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detail review of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. As loyal SPG member we really appreciate you sharing all the service concerns you experienced because it allows us to learn from your experience. You were disappointed due to the unpleasant experienced during your staying with us. It is very important for us to receive these comments so we can constantly review our services and facilities to ensure we improve in the future.

Once again on behalf of the hotel management, let me take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience. On personal note, I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that we still have an opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on future visit.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

we stayed at the junior suite and that room is really nice. The club lounge is excellent and one of the best I have seen until now. All the staff was very friendly (incl all the bell boys, reception, restaurants,...). Breakfast is nice aswell. The location is great as it is close to all the malls and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel any time of the day and I will be back myself as well!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Dear Dutchguy_in_China,

May we extend our grateful to you for your kind words about Le Meridien Jakarta. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. I have conveyed your comments to all of our associates who is very proud of their service delivery. We would be delighted to welcome you back in nearest future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to Lombok. When we arrived it was torrential rain so it took us a good hour to get to the hotel from the airport. We paid 150k indonesian rupees in an airport taxi.

The staff are lovely and really helpful, especially the gentleman at the front door. Due to the weather we decided to stay and eat at the hotels Lebanese restaurant which was delicious, we were also treated to some belly dancing.

The bathroom needed updated, but in all a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear NKT77,

We would like to thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your comments about hotels services, friendly staff and delicious food at lebanese restaurant. We are so exciting to know that our guest has a great time and enjoyable stayed with us. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you and family while you were staying with us. Regarding the bathroom; I am glad to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be redesigning and renovating our superior rooms. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on near future.