“Hotel needs refreshing. Otherwise ok” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Jakarta

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Le Meridien Jakarta
Ranked #38 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Canton of Zug, Switzerland
“Hotel needs refreshing. Otherwise ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed here, on business, for 3 days/2 nights in March, 2014.

The hotel arranged transfer from the airport and persuaded me to change to "Silver Bird" from the "Gold Bird" I had booked, claiming it would be faster and cheaper! I am not sure what was going on there but the Silver Bird transfer was fine, although I did not notice it being much cheaper.

The hotel is in a good location for the business area but, of course, terrible for traffic. It can take 20 - 30 minutes just to cross to the other side of the road in a car!

Security access to the hotel seems to be fairly good. A check of the car and all your luggage is done as you enter. It does not come across as very thorough but is as good as most other hotels.

Immediate impressions upon entering are of a hotel that has seen its best days. While clean, it is clearly in need of refurbishment, with fairly old, dark decorations and clear signs of wear and tear on many surfaces.

However, checkin was friendly and efficient and I was on my way to my room within minutes.

The electronic door key did not work, I had to fetch the check-in staff to help open the door and they could only open it with a master key. I left shortly afterwards for a meeting and the door lock was fixed when I returned.

The bedroom is fine, with good bed, WiFi access, flatscreen TV with lots of channels, decent working desk, with plenty of outlets.

My bathroom was clearly suffering from wear and tear. The toilet seat was loose, the cover was stained and the shower and basin were quite old-fashioned. However, everything worked, the towels were fresh, the shower delivered plenty of hot water and it was clean.

The bar/restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Good seating, lighting, lots of businessmen reading their emails on their laptops, very good service and live music. The music was not too loud or intrusive and it was quite easy to have a conversation. We had dinner at the bar/restaurant both nights and found it enjoyable, tasty and hot. No complaints in the bar.

Breakfast was another pleasant surprise. Full selection of hot and cold items, crispy, fresh croissants, good quality cappuccino, fresh smoothies and clear attention from the chef whom I saw checking the food in the morning.

Check-out was, again, swift, efficient and friendly.

transfer to the airport was a little of a mess as the transport department and the concierge do not seem to be able to align very well. I wanted the transfer car to meet me across the road at my office, with my luggage, to take me to the airport. The concierge agreed this was possible but, for some reason, the transport department found it too hard to bring my luggage in the car. As a result, I had to lug my luggage across the pedestrian bridge to my office in WTC 1. Then the car picked me up 20 minutes late!

Not impressive performance from the transport department but great staff and good service from everyone else.
Worn out hotel in need of refurbishment but clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Mark_from_Thailand

Thank you for taking your valuable time in writing your real feeling about our service and facilities. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. Regarding guest rooms , I am glad to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be redesigning and renovating our older rooms.
Also thank you for bringing to our attention the issue with some facilities that need to be improved and transportation services, We will follow up your comment with department concern. It will give us an opportunity to review our processes to ensure we don't inconvenience our guest in the future.

We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Isrin Virgasari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

The reviews I have read about this hotel are spot on. The hotel is extremely dated and though I had read that, I was not prepared for how old the room decor truly was. The rooms are some of the oldest I have been in for quite some time and the hotel is in desperate need of a facelift. The lobby, while still not the most modern, is far ahead of the rooms, and they need to catch up badly. The service was impeccable. In fact, this was the best service I have had in a hotel in recent memory. Everyone was extremely nice and professional. The room service staff, front office, door staff, and every department were courteous and knowledgable. What's more, this was the first hotel to use my name regularly throughout my stay in years! Having worked in 5-star hotels, I know that this is a standard. However, it happens about once in a hundred stays in most hotels. This was that one. The training in this hotel must be outstanding. On another note, the hotel is beginning to renovate rooms. There was a note in my room apologizing for any noise, and I heard some sounds of renovation throughout the day. That's not a complaint as the noise was minimal. That is just spreading the good news that the hotel is upgrading the rooms. Good stay and will be returning in a couple weeks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jchanlifat
Dear Jchanlifat,

We would like to thank you for your times to written a comment during your stay with Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your positive comments about our staff.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I was visiting Jakarta on business and moved over from the Shangri-La as I'm an SPG member. (The two are very close by one another, and it takes appx 5 minutes go to from one to the other- but going the opposite direction- it can take almost 30+)

The thing I'd advise before booking is to think about the location. While Le Meridien is quite near the central area- the main highway separates the two areas- which can be tricky during heavy traffic (is there a light-traffic moment at all in Jakarta?) If you want to be walking distance to a number of the big malls- places like the Hyatt or Pullman may be better for you, however there's a really nice large mall directly across from Le Meridien- and I believe there's a walkway that goes over the main road.

Honestly, Jakarta is not my favorite city- but this hotel is a sweet reprieve from all of the craziness outside. The food is decent- but I will say that the Lebanese restaurant is EXCELLENT. A number of my colleagues staying at the Shangri-La always come over to LM specifically for dinner there every time we visit. It's wonderful.

The club lounge is alright- the staff kept our wine glasses quite full during the happy hour- which I really appreciated- some places get kind of stingy in that area.

The fitness center is great- spacious with lots of options. I do love that about this place.

The spa was average. One major thing I noticed was a strong smell of cigarette smoke as soon as I got off the elevator leading to the spa- of course the smell wasn't FROM the spa- but for allergy sufferers like myself- this is NOT what i want to smell as I enter a place of relaxation. My massage was okay. I was put in the first massage room- and it was the last appointment of the evening. There were a lot of people in the locker/changing room- it looked like they were getting ready to go out to a party or club- but they were really noisy- and the rooms are not sound proof so it didn't make for a very relaxing massage. I'm fairly certain they weren't busy- I would have appreciated being put further back- away from all of the noise.

Overall- a decent LM- but certainly where I will always return to in Jakarta.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Jamies_oyster,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We really appreciate your comments about our location, club lounge, services and i'm really happy that you love our Lebanese restaurant-Al Nafoura. Also thank you for bringing to our attention the issue with some facilities that need to be improved. We will follow up your comment with department concern.

Thank you for allowing us to learn from your experience. Your comments will give us an opportunity to review our processes to ensure we don't inconvenience our guest in the future. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here for 10 days. When I was sick, I got medical attention from the Nurse immediately and they even have a house doctor who was helpful.
Turkish restaurant is indeed worth a try. Their desserts were exceptionally awesome.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear anjanaprabhu,

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and make you feel better during your stay with us. We are so exciting to know that our guest has a great time at Le Meridien Jakarta.

We look forward to welcome you back again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is located right in the middle of their CBD area. The hotel have no shopping mall, located nearby, however the facilities and service of the hotel make me feel like home.

Staff are always greeting and smiling. Clean towels provided at the gym. Well maintained equipments.

Room are spacious and clean. Sign up as SPG Members to enjoy members benefits at their restaurants.

Room Tip: Sign up as SPG member to stay at the SPG floor.
Dear nnantasy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay Le Meridien Jakarta
We really appreciate your positive comments about our friendly staff,cleanlines and hotel facilities. As a SPG member you can enjoy of benefits such as starpoint, 15% discount for food at our Restaurants and many more.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Jakarta on future visits to Jakarta.

Denpasar, Bali
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I've stayed here many times and always had a great experience. Although it is an old hotel, the hotel is well maintained and the staff really does make a difference. They are always welcoming and ready to help. Room is always clean and the bed and linen comfortable. The hotel manage to blend together old and new room equipments (hiding the antiquated AC control switch inside a drawer) seamlessly. Breakfast buffet offers a wide array of dishes and the fresh tropical fruits served were always refreshing. Location wise, it's hard to beat being located in the heart of the Jakarta CBD with plenty of nice shopping malls nearby. Internet connection, both wired and wireless, is speedy and stable. Bathroom amenities are top notch and last but not least, I appreciate the free 6 bottles of mineral water in my room. Nice touch!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the main road and into the pool, they are quieter.
Dear RoniWDenapsar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. The most exciting thing for us was when the guest has a great time and enjoyable stayed with us. Whenever your travel brings back in Jakarta, we are much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards,
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've stayed here many times and I always have a great stay. The staff are so friendly, the rooms are spacious, all my room preferences were met, and the club lounge is one of the best in terms of service and food that I have experienced. The only bummer is that they got rid of the complimentary massage for gold members. I was hopping that it would be offered to platinum members. I loved having that option and then upgrading to a full hour or half an hour. The hotel is in a great location and surprisingly, I made it to the hotel in about 40 mins from the airport. Traffic can sometimes make that 40 mins much longer. There is a mall in walking distance of the hotel where you can grab a bite to eat or do some shopping. Thank you to the club lounge staff for helping me with navigating my business meetings and for going the extra mile. Everyone is friendly here and this hotel is a great option for leisure or business in Jakarta. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded, make sure to review the platinum benefits of this hotel.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear whslc,

Thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at Le Meridien Jakarta. We are very pleased that you have had a great time during your staying with us and it’s always great to hear that you enjoyed our service and facilities. Your review helps to boost our associates' confidence and willingness to always improve their sincere service. Regarding complimentary massage, I will forward to management to be considered. Thank you for your input, it is very important for us to receive these comments so we can constantly review all of our services and facilities to ensure we improve in the future.

We would be delighted to welcome you back at Le Meridien Jakarta in nearest future.