“It FEELs LIKE HOME :)”

Le Meridien Jakarta
Ranked #35 of 470 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 2 June 2014

No doubt this is my favourite hotel in JKT, i'm a frequent checked in every 6 months.

great customer service, pleasant smile and attentive.
good location as it set in the middle of JKT.
breakfast buffet is GREAT ! FRESH & LOTS OF CHOICE TO CHOOSE

Just a small note :
1 - the cafe that serve coffee. please ensure your staff is well trained at least to make a latte. The whole cup i drank is 90% milk. Please have a look on it.
2 - the ROOM carpet have a stink smell maybe the carpet is not dried. Please check before let the customer go in the room

Room Tip: make sure your room is NOT SMOKING room and no smell come out from the carpet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear ChesterJL,

Thanks again for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

We are indeed fortunate here to have a great team who all provide service with an authentic smile and want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I passed your comments to departement concern for improvement.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Isrin Virgasari

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I spent only two night at Meridien and the level of hospitality and service was first class. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. The room was neat and clean and there was plenty of food to chose from at the morning's breakfast buffet.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear erafael,

Thanks for your post and I am glad to read that everything was good on your recent stay with us.

I fully agree with you that we have an excellent team here in Le Meridien and all of us always continue to tweak and improve upon the guest experience.

We look forward welcoming you back to our hotel in the nearest future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I spent 4 nights at the Le Meridien, and they were very comfortable nights. The rooms are very spacious, with a nice sitting area, a very comfortable (and big) king size bed, and a very large bathroom with a jacuzzi and standing shower.

The service at the Le Meridien was also excellent. They were attentive, provided great customer service, and were smiling and pleasant always. Free wifi was welcome plus.

The location is ok - its near shops and restaurants - but these are nearby via driving. There is not much in terms of walking distance, but there are plenty of taxis (motorcycle and regulars) to take you wherever you go.

Overall, a nice place to stay in Le Meridien - as long as your are comfortable with taxis and outside the hustle

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear 0504Traveller,

Thank you so much for your comments about our location, the facilities we offer and associates. We are indeed fortunate here to have a great team who all provide service with an authentic smile and want to make your stay as comfortable as possible

We look forward welcoming you back to our hotel in the nearest future. Many thanks for your nice comments.

Isrin virgasari

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I spent two nights at Le Meridien in Jakarta and had several meals (2 breakfasts and 1 lunch at the Japanese restaurant). The hotel is very good- excellent service, great location, and the rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. Wifi is free everywhere. The breakfast buffet is very good, with the usual array of both eastern and western dishes, although the eastern food is generally better than the western. The Japanese meal (lunch) was excellent and a very good value compared to other Japanese restaurants I have visited in Jakarta. I wouldn't rate the hotel as outstanding- it is an older hotel in Jakarta, and in a few places is beginning to show its age. But to my mind this makes the hotel feel more welcoming in some ways than a glistening new impersonal place. It is a great value compared to many of the luxury hotels in Jakarta.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Jim R,

Thank you very much for your comments and detailed description of your experience during your recent stay with us. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our facilities / services met expectations.

I am pleased to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be fully redesigning and renovating our older rooms.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to jakarta.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Le Meridien because it was on my firm's approved list - given a free choice I would have selected somewhere a bit nearer my office... My overall impression is that the hotel was a little bit tired. The outside is somewhat dated although the interior decor in the public areas is fine. The bar area on the ground floor is very pleasant and has a nice feel - much better than many equivalent hotels. My room was a decent size and everything worked, but the fittings just felt that they'd been round the block a few times. The room overlooked the main road outside but the double glazing was very effective in isolating any road noise so it wasn't a problem.
Unlike several other reviewers I found the service to be perfectly efficient.

Dear SixNineOne,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us, I am so glad to hear that you had great service from our great team here in Le Meridien Jakarta.

We look forward to be able to welcome you back again to our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

As the usual hotel closer to the office was full, I stayed in the Meridien for 2 days in Jakarta. The location is convenient, however the hotel feels old. Yellowing doors, worn carpet - you can tell it must have been something.

The staff are friendly, the croissants & pain au chocolat on the breakfast buffet seem like they were baked by someone who knows what he's doing and the internet connection works. "dusting" the place down and giving it a bit of freshness would do it great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Grojon,

Thank you so much for your extensive comments about our associates and location.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoy our daily Le Meridien Buffet breakfast so much; we have a great spread with a choice of items for the many nationalities staying with us as well as our European breakfast classics with an interesting local twist.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've stayed for business at a number of hotels in JKT and this was a chance to stay at Le Meridien as my usual property was not available. Location is very good - easy to go either way on Sudirman quite quickly rather than go a few km's in one direction, doing a U turn and coming back. In its day I'm sure you could have called it an "Luxury Urban Retreat" - palm trees, tropical cabanas, resort pool and funky bar. These are still all functional, but Jakarta has grown around it and frankly the hotel needs to step out from it's 1980's time warp and jump into the future.

My room was older style, in need of a refurb and arriving just after midnight, I had to crawl to find powerpoints and unlatch cords to close windows. Bed was comfortable, furniture was solid but had seen better days. Bathroom was clean but clearly showing its age.
Good choices for breakfast - very happy there
Security was the usual top notch that you would find in a JKT hotel
Hard to get a normal meter taxi - hotel kept pushing to use Silverbird or the like. I know its not a huge difference but I've found that all meter taxi's I've used in JKT are very good.
Given my experience and the premium price that was asked - I will probably give the hotel a miss next time.
It needs some work - but is functional and would meet travellers needs (meets, not exceed)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear AlphaVictor2,

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad to read that you had a good rest in our bed, which has been specially designed for Le Meridien and I am particularly pleased that you enjoy our daily Le Meridien Buffet breakfast so much

I regret to read that our level of service did not meet your expectation, especially on the way how we respond to your inquiry on hotel taxi. I have highlighted and will ensure that it is rectified accordingly.

I thank you again for your valued patronage and hope we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Le Meridien Jakarta.

Isrin virgasari