Le Meridien Jakarta
  • Pool
  • Pool
Avissa Suites(Jakarta)
1,097 results
All reviewslebanese restauranttiga puluhal nafourala brasseriemiddle eastern restaurantspg platinumthe club loungean older hotelconstruction sitebit datedbusiness tripbusiness hotelbusiness districtjunior suitedecent hotelbreakfast buffetcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My last 2 stays in this hotel were not good SPG hotel experience. I hope my feedback below will help to provide the needed improvements:

Rooms with paint smell:
In my 2nd last stay in this hotel, I arrived at mid-night and was given a room that had a strong paint smell. Unfortunately it was one of those inferior paint with offensive smell that potential harmful. I requested the duty manager to come to the room and witness the condition first-hand. He was not able to find an available same room type. As I was tired and it was late so I settled for an air filtering machine to minimize the damage. I requested a change of room at the earliest possible time. By early morning, both my eyes and throat were flaming as caused by the chemical. There was no news about room change by late morning so I approach the club floor. It did not appear that the club floor staffs were aware of the situation but they did find an acceptable room for me. I returned to this hotel again the following week. At check-in, I requested the front office staff to make sure I don’t get a paint smell room and he acknowledged. To my surprised, I walked into a room with the same suffocating paint smell. What can be improved: 1. Use the good quality non-toxin latex paint that are not harmful to human. 2. Hotel shall not sell rooms with harmful paint smell. 3. Failure of the front desk and club floor Management to take the special care to ensure the same incident does not happen twice to the same guest - especially for loyal members that had attained the highest rank in its SPG loyalty program.

The club lounge:
I had been to many club lounges. This is one of the most impersonal club lounges experiences. The few common practices that were absented here were: 1. Special personal attention given to loyal members to ensure their stay and needs are well taken care throughput. 2. Lounge staff remembers the loyal members and their name. I stayed here 3 times over the last 2 months and every time I walk into the lounge the staff did not recognize me and asked for my room number without failed. Some hotels’ club lounge will go the extent to take guest's picture and make sure every lounge staff recognize their loyal members by name.

Housekeeping:
In the last stay, I had late checkout at 4pm. At about 3.30pm, housekeeping came and ask if they can clean the room. I told them I am checking out at 4pm and they shall clean after I left. Just before 4pm, as I was coming out from the shower, I was shocked to see housekeeping staff had entered my room and preparing to clean-up. It was obvious that they intended to continue cleaning even after they knew I was still in the room as it needed few strong exchanges to get them out of the room. I found this rude and intrusive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Xexplorer
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Eexplorer

Thank you for sharing your feedback in Trip Advisor review as it’s always good to get a balanced view point from guests who have stayed and tried Le Meridien Jakarta, so please allow me this opportunity to respond.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience the way we hoped you would. It does concern me that you didn't receive the standard of service that I would expect, especially on the way we handled your situation with paint smell in the room, recognition at the Club Lounge, and the service from our Housekeeping associates

It is useful for me to better understand where we need to direct our training needs. I also appreciate you being open and honest in your Trip Advisor review. Its these reviews that keep us grounded and help us to provide better customer experiences, and I thank you taking the time to do this.

If there is anything else you wish to share with us, please feel free to contact our Executive Assistance Manager directly; robbie.afnurrobbie@lemeridien.com

Best Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed for business for a few nights and was impressed not only with the different restaurants available, but the staff were exceptional with their service. The rooms are well appointed and everything was functional, even the internet speed was reasonable. Would recommend this hotel for business stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear TheStyleTraveller,

Best regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The music is fantastic, Adele in le Meridian. It's so enjoyable with a glass of red wine. And by the way, their wine by glass is on promotion. I will for sure to come back next time.

The Japanese food is nice, above average. Sushi and sashimi is fresh.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Esixty,

I am glad to read that your stay with us has been fantastic and we have been able to provide you with a good experience while you have to attend to business in Jakarta. I hope there will be another opportunity again soon.

I look forward to welcome you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for a few days of business. Location is good and I really like the atmosphere in this hotel. It is not as posh as a few other upscale hotels, but more intimate and friendly in many ways. Despite this it is getting tired, at least the room could do with some refurbishment. With this in place it would become my obvious choice when travelling to Jakarta. Breakfast is also good with a decent selection.

The service I have rated average since they did not exhaust themselves to try accommodating my request for another few nights even if it was fully booked.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Geir S,

Thanks so much for recommending our hotel for location and facilities.
I regrets that we could not accomodate you on that day, in the future you can e-mailing to reservation.jakarta@lemeridien.com for any inquiries

I am happy to let you know that we will be gradually renovating our rooms in the next 18 months and I hope you will be back to see the changes.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Jakarta.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed there many times in 2013 and it was truly excellent. The room is a Meridien room, so dont expect something very very special but the overall atmosphere of the hotel is special indeed. I love their bar in the center. Very stylish. Service is over average compare to other business hotels in the capital city. I liked this place and will certainly return when back to Jakarta.
They have a disco in the basement. I didnt go there but there was no noise pollution in the hotel. Very quiet.

Room Tip: high floors are better
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
isrin_virgasari, Manager at Le Meridien Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Jean L,

Thank you very much for your description of our hotel from the stay experience you had with us

I am pleased to inform you that gradually over the next 2 years we will be fully redesigning and renovating our older rooms.

We hope for you to continue to come back and stay with us in the years ahead. Many thanks for your nice comments.

Best regards