After being bumped from another hotel (see separate review), I'm simply thrilled to spend the weekend at Dharmawangsa. Especially after having tried, and failed, a number of times over the years to get a reservation at this usually fully booked hotel, I can say that it is worth the wait!
Understated luxury and old school charm - simple yet elegant Javanese decor, spacious room and bathroom, a sense of tranquility permeated every corner of the hotel, and the sweet smell of jasmine instantly calms you down from the hustle and bustle of Jakarta outside
Impeccable service - all the staff are super friendly, seem to remember your name from the moment you arrive; butler service is discreet and efficient; love the fresh flower - a very nice touch
Breakfast has a lot of options, both western and indonesian. Didn't have time to check out the spa but a foot massage by the pool is a very relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Chocolate martini is a must try at the hotel bar.
Wish the hotel could offer the "green" option in terms of towel and sheets change etc. Luxury with a good conscience would be even better!
My only other complaint is the noisy neighbor with kids screaming in the hallway at 8am on Sunday morning! But that's clearly beyond the hotel's control, unless children under certain age are prohibited at luxury hotels (well, that's a different topic).
Overall, a wonderful, cultural experience. From now on, Dhamawangsa is easily my top choice of hotel in Jakarta. Looking forward to a longer stay next time ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dharmawangsa Jakarta, a luxurious 5-star hotel, is set in a peaceful prestigious oasis of serenity and timeless architectural design which exemplifies the Indonesian aspiration to be thoroughly modern yet distinct at the same time. You will discover our luxurious 100-rooms hotel, set on a 4.2 hectares of land, located strategically in an upscale leafy area in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. It is 5 km to the Central Business District, the nearest five-star hotel from the new Central Business District (TB Simatupang), and 35 km from the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Dharmawangsa Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dharmawangsa Hotel Jakarta
- Dharmawangsa Hotel Jakarta