“Love this hotel”

Ranked #13 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Barueri, SP
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing!!! They have great rooms, very clean and staff are nice.
The gym is great, very modern, clean.
The spa is great with good prices.
The breakfast is AMAZING!!! I just love all the food options.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Marissol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A very good hotel for a comfortable stay. The location is convenient and service is excellent. Food is good and rooms are big. Though I had stayed there only for one night, I enjoyed the stay and would not mind staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gaurav G
Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel makes coming to Jakarta a lot easier. After a long day in the crazy traffic when you walk through the doors you are transported to heaven. It is now time to relax :-) I stayed here for a few days in June and will only use this hotel whenever I am in Jakarta. The rooms are fantastic, the service and staff are perfect and the bars and restaurants are top notch. The pool is really nice as well. It is very surreal sitting in the pool at sunset, cold beer in hand listening to the call to prayer from the local Mosque while bats are diving into the pool for a drink of water.. Highly recommend this hotel :-)

2 Thank smccor_2007
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have not stayed at the the Shangri-La Jakarta before but will be back. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the facilities were functional and solid. We had a group of 8 from 2 companies and 6 with 5 different nationalities. We were doing site visits across Jakarta and the Shangri-La was a great base for breakfast and dinner catch up. A great setting and everyone had no complaints.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Ben W
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

A treat in the madness of the great city that Jakarta is. Retains its old charm yet feels modern and coupled with the exceptional ShangraLa service they really do make you feel at home. I love staying here when in Jakarta, one of the hotels on our corporate travel list that gets me excited about my business trip. The rooms are lovely, and the satay in the restaurant is amazing....try it!

1 Thank PeteSing
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Everytime I want to make a dining reservation, I have to call 3-5 times for someone to answer, and not in very well manner as 5 stars standard. By the time we reached satoo resto, we requested a baby chair. The lady said she will get one and 15 minutes later I was still standing carrying my baby. And only the 3rd waiter came to get us the baby chair. No one has offered the drink menu. The most ridiculous is children above 2 years old pay for a buffet! It does not happen in
any other restaurant.
As for the kids playground, dirty ... Sorry to say, the toys seem they got it from charity, never been washed. Everything are just dirty, no one seems to care to clean or wipe the toys or jumping balloon. The only clean thing in the kids area is the pony horse, the only person smile is the guy holding the pony. The rest of the staffs needs to be trained properly.

It's a shame for 5 stars hotel with 0 star manner

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Chloe_cleopatra
SLJDMM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Jakarta, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Chole_cleopatra,

First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your patronage at the Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta and for taking your precious time to share your feedback. Your feedback is always important to us in improving our services here at Shangri-La Hotel, Jakarta.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you encountered with our dining reservation and during your recent visit to SATOO and the Kids Zone. The service shortfall and inconvenience caused are sincerely regretted.

May I request that you contact me at juergen.doerr@shangri-la.com so that I can have the opportunity to discuss the issues further with you.

Juergen Doerr
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

From the moment I stepped off the aircraft, my "Shangri La" experience began. The airport staff were outstanding - addressing me by name and walking me to my waiting car. The friendly driver also welcomed me like an old friend.

As we approached the security check at the hotel gate, I was surprised that even the guards addressed me by my name and welcomed me to the property (as they checked the vehicle). This was pretty cool!

Check in was done in my suite and the staff were super personable and warm. It goes without saying that my travel companion was most impressed by the VVIP treatment I received. I'm away from home and my family a lot, so it's refreshing to visit this amazing property because you are treated as family. Always!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com