“Nice place”
Review of Gran Melia Jakarta

Gran Melia Jakarta
Ranked #26 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 19 June 2014

An oasis of calm in the crazy city of Jakarta.
I was very well looked after by very attentive staff. Hotel was spotless and showed incredible focus on detail. Food was good and not too expensive either.

Sometimes had to walk about a bit to get a good wifi connection in my room, but that is standard for almost all hotels.

Very impressed and I'd stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Mr. Kenneth,

What can we say apart from “Thank you”. Your comments about our service and staffs are noted, appreciated and are most helpful. Assuring you of our commitment to raise standards further for the benefit of all our valued guests.

With kindest regards and sincere thanks,

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had a long stay as I was working in the city - the hotel definitely makes an effort to live up to its five stars. The grandiose entrance, the water fountains, the perfect lighting -- it all adds up to an experience that stays with you, as does the extra weight you gain from all the delicious food. Breakfast in particular is a treat and offers great variety, including a sushi bar, Indian food, exquisite cheeses, pastries and fresh fruit.

The staff is ever present but not intrusive, the rooms are spacious and well kept. It has my stamp of approval.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience regarding your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed our Gran Melia hospitality especially our buffet restaurant. Your generous words will be warmly received by our team at Gran Melia Jakarta. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Another fateful events have brought me back to Jakarta for this entire week. This hotel was recommended by my business partner, because it was the one closest to their office.

My first impression was this hotel is bring and grand. I must say that the best fitting word is Grandiose and believe me, things are big. The check-in was very courteous, friendly and polite but it was not at smooth and clockwork like others, but I am not complaining.

The room is BIG, and immediately, I can sense the luxury of the larger area of the room. The beds are clean but felt rather lower in height compared to most hotels' beds. There is a larger than 40" HD TV (that's what I mean by large), a well stocked coffee and snacks min bar. The cupboard was well stocked with enough hangers, iron and ironing board.

The bathroom was pretty special, with both a tub and a separate shower. Between the room and the bathroom was a crystal clear window which gave it an even larger spacious look. The amenities were amazing and complete.

Room service was prompt and easy. They were friendly and food taste pretty good.

I only gave them a 3/5 rating because something was missing. I have not qualms that this is a great hotel.The grandiose facade was fantastic but somehow I could not get the essence of a feeling that this one sticks well with me.

Dear Guest,
First and foremost, on behalf of our hotel I would like thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Gran Melia Jakarta. We are delighted that you enjoyed our Gran Melia hospitality
Your positive feedbacks have been well warmly received and I have personally shared your comment to improve our excellent service. Hope we will have the opportunity to make your stay more enjoyable on your next visit.
Thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Resident Manage

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Positive aspects of the visit were high quality breakfast with huge amount of choices, very nice spa with quality treatments and a nice service overall. Room was spacious but a bit out-of-date (especially the bathroom) and the same applied to the pool area. Wireless network worked ok.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Your valuable comments in regards of bathroom and pool area have been well warmly received and we appreciated for bringing these issues to our attention so we know which areas of improvement that we need to rectify. Please be informed that we are opening our new swimming pool soon and I’m sure you will have more enjoyable stay on your next visit Our aim at all times to continually providing a service to our guests which is second to none.
Thank you for your valuable feedback is and I wish we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence with Gran Melia Jakarta.

Resident Manage

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Really nice hotel, with very pleasant staff. I normally avoid buffets, but I had breakfast, lunch and dinner there during my few days stay, and each time it was excellent. I also went to the Japanese restaurant and it was equally good.

It's pretty far from the airport and not near anything great in KL. That's the only real criticism I have.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manuel Q, Manager at Gran Melia Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Gran Melia in early June attending a conference. Let me please save everybody a lot of time - don't think about staying at the Gran Melia 'Just do It' as it is one of the best hotels in Jakarta.

Rooms - excellent, food - divine, ambience - exciting, guest relations - welcoming and the facilities perfect for that conference, event or function.

As a seasoned corporate traveller I cannot fault the hotel.

Just a cautionary word of warning - give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport as the traffic in Jakarta is or can be a 'nightmare' so be warned otherwise enjoy the stay!

Room Tip: Jakarta traffic is horrendous so allow plenty of time to get to the airport.